Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Credit Karma- Just Charged (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Credit Karma- Just Charged (video)
    Posted: 06 May 2014 at 7:42pm
You have to watch till the end when the lady says,  Word.

I never really understood this term but I remember a heated argument with my ex wife and I had had enough so I said, "word up to your mother"  She got really upset. Again, I don't even know what it means.

Sponsored Links

Negatron View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 5:27am
It had different meaning back in the 80's black hip-hop community, got butchered by white kids in the 90's including Vanilla ice, and now its generally used to derail arguments with spouses.

"word" is just a casual declaration of agreement.

"Credit Karma" is an early 21st century slang term for "corny as f**k commercials"
Alterdeus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alterdeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 4:53pm
god the commercials with these two are so damn annoying. They got another one out now where the girl with the glasses is rambling on and she's just so damn bad at "acting" she can't take simple cues and then randomly stares off like she's tryin to read a cue card. I really don't get the trend of stupid people in commercials.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You have to watch till the end when the lady says,  Word.

I never really understood this term but I remember a heated argument with my ex wife and I had had enough so I said, "word up to your mother"  She got really upset. Again, I don't even know what it means.

Man, I was just about tocomplain about this awful commercial. Especially the part where dumbass number 1 starts off how she knows her GPA and her blood type, like that's something people don't remember in general.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:45pm
the thing that irritates me is their heads...one of them looks like she's been over-inflated like a ballon, the other looks like some South American shaman has started shrinking hers.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic