Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peeps: kid mentioning uses for peeps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peeps: kid mentioning uses for peeps
    Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 7:54pm
This is a commercial features two kids, one of the kids talks about the various things you do with Peeps. This is a very annoying schtick used by various shows and movies.

Why did Peeps decide to use this, it is a very annoying technique!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 8:09pm
Well, then, I'd go a step further to say that Forrest Gump ripped off every movie that came before it where characters discuss all the various things you can do with -insert here-

Oldest one I can remember is probably from The Egg and I.

It's a VERY general concept repeated plenty of times before and after Forrest Gump. It's not a rip-off. It's just an annoying commercial.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 8:31pm
Me and my peeps, don't play dat.
Give me a little more to go on, Ad n.   I will find it.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:56am
Target had orange-flavored ones.  3 regular sized Peeps for $1.50.   Sorry, No $ale at that rip-off price....

Kid:  "After my friend hits me in the face, I put them up my nose to stop the bleeding!"
Kid 2:  "I stuff them in my ears before I go swimming.  It keeps the water out!"
Kid:  "I stuff them in my mouth until they foam out, so people think I have rabies!"
Kid 2:   "I put them in my shoes for padding!"
Kid:  "He's gellin' like Magellan!"
Negatron View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 10:30am
Sometimes when I empty out the garbage, there is a bit of room left in the top of the bag, so I fill that empty space with Peeps.

Lord knows I don't hate myself enough to actually to eat that dreck.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 2:10pm

Sugar-coated sponge.  Like cotton candy, no particular flavor---except for "sweet".

My sis-in-law likes them stale and chewy.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:30pm
I'm likely going to be sorry for asking, but has Peeps ever done a commercial taking advantage of the more - urban - meaning of its name?
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 10:07pm
I keep wondering why they don't make Peeps that look like people. You know, like my 'peeps? I don't actually think I've said that word in that context, and I certainly don't eat peeps, so this wouldn't change anything for me, but it still seems odd... LOLLOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:31am
Peeps pretty much relies on the whole holiday nostalgia thing. You figure you should get them because you always got them in your easter basket when you were a kid. So you get some at the store and then when you bite into it you finally realize you didn't really care for them when you were a kid either. Then the cycle repeats itself next easter.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:39am
“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 1:57am
I think I saw Dunkin Donuts has an Easter donut with a Peep in the center of it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:09am
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

I think I saw Dunkin Donuts has an Easter donut with a Peep in the center of it.

Really?  That's kind of a variation of the Italian Easter cookie tradition, which is a cookie that has a dyed hard-boiled egg---shell and all---plopped in the middle of it for some damned reason.

Never really understood the appeal, but here it is:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:13am
You'd think they'd have switched to colored candy eggs or chocolate eggs at some point during the 20th century.

They look sort of like Kaiser rolls.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:32am

The cookies are kinda soft, kinda dry, and not real sweet.  They're OK, though.  And hard-boiled eggs are hard-boiled eggs, so no problem there.  But, together???  It must have some sort of significance because the two things together make little sense.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:45am
If they were actually some type of bread & the eggs were peeled & ready to eat, it would be an interesting dish.

I remember brita was telling me about making Scottish meatballs.

Hard boiled eggs cooked inside a ball of seasoned ground beef, or maybe pork, etc.

Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Sugar-coated sponge.  Like cotton candy, no particular flavor---except for "sweet".

The chocolate-flavored ones are called Poops....  LOL
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:23pm
Peeps do strange & scary things if you microwave them if I remember correctly...they either become extremely swollen and grotesque, or they simply explode -- soiling your microwave oven's cavity with molten marshmallow that's a real pain in the diodes to clean up.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If they were actually some type of bread & the eggs were peeled & ready to eat, it would be an interesting dish.

I remember brita was telling me about making Scottish meatballs.

Hard boiled eggs cooked inside a ball of seasoned ground beef, or maybe pork, etc.

Tongue

I'd try that.  But you'd have the same thing if you just crumbled the egg into the cooked meat...and without the likelihood that the thing will break apart as you bite into it.  I guess the selling point is that it's on that stick.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:33pm
Marshmallows and cotton candy are 2 things I have never liked even as a kid.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:27pm

Why don't they make flavored cotton candy?  All it seems they'd have to do is pour some Kool-Aid in with the sugar, to give it some sorta actual flavor.  I'd have liked orange, grape and raspberry cotton candy.

catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 6:25pm

Why don't they make flavored cotton candy?  

They actually do but it's usually really nasty sour flavored.  Usually available around Halloween I think (might sell it the rest of the year too...not into that)
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:10am
Peeps are gross. I never liked them but they always came in my Easter basket. I'd give them to my older sister, who does eat them, and she'd give me her Whoppers (I used to love those things; now I can't eat them).

And that brat needs to shut the hell up about the things you can do with Peeps. You either eat them or toss them, end of story.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:14am
I love whoppers but between always getting some of those that have no air in them and a basically rock hard chunks of malt...and the fact that even with a healthy cavity-less mouth, they still manage to be so sweet my teeth hurt...I've gone without.

There's an off-brand sold in town that are just plain Malt Balls. Way less sweet, and don't have as much solid ones.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 4:55am

Why don't they make flavored cotton candy?  All it seems they'd have to do is pour some Kool-Aid in with the sugar, to give it some sorta actual flavor.  I'd have liked orange, grape and raspberry cotton candy.

I have a small CC machine & will give that a try the next time I use it.  The worst that could happen mixing in the powder is that the CC would catch fire....  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

...and she'd give me her Whoppers (I used to love those things; now I can't eat them).

Whoppers are great.  Around Easter, I occasionally get a bag of the Robin's Eggs, which I think are Whoppers with a different coating.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic