Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And yeah, she's neutered. Sweet cat. About 5y/o, a little fat, tiniest little meow. She'd make a good pet.

"She" would have been spayed.

Only males are neutered.

My grandma's cat got both spayed and neutered, well in a manner of speaking anyway.  She was told the kitten was a female when she got it, and made an appointment to have the cat spayed.  The vet was in a hurry and just went by the chart without first checking to confirm the gender before beginning the spaying procedure, and to his surprise the internal "she" parts weren't there .. oops Shocked.   He called my grandma and let her know her female kitten actually came with the old twig & berries instead, then stitched up the abdominal incision and proceeded to neuter him.

Coincidentally, that cat grew up to be one mean spiteful s.o.b. LOL
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:23pm
I'm no cat expert, but I did stay at a.... oh sorry. Wouldn't that be kinda difficult to NOT see?
While spaying a male kitty....Confused 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:29pm

It's hard to tell a kitten's gender when they're really young.  The balls aren't really out there yet in males.  You have to go by the distance between the anus and the urethra.  A vet, however, should be able to tell at a glance.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm no cat expert, but I did stay at a.... oh sorry. Wouldn't that be kinda difficult to NOT see?While spaying a male kitty....Confused 

I thought the same thing .. not to mention that it seems like gender confirmation would be on the mandatory checklist somewhere between sedating the animal and grabbing the scalpel.  

He was a long haired black kitty, so it's possible the bits & pieces weren't all that visible. But that seems like that would be all the more reason to double check LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And yeah, she's neutered. Sweet cat. About 5y/o, a little fat, tiniest little meow. She'd make a good pet.

"She" would have been spayed.

Only males are neutered.

My grandma's cat got both spayed and neutered, well in a manner of speaking anyway.  She was told the kitten was a female when she got it, and made an appointment to have the cat spayed.  The vet was in a hurry and just went by the chart without first checking to confirm the gender before beginning the spaying procedure, and to his surprise the internal "she" parts weren't there .. oops Shocked.   He called my grandma and let her know her female kitten actually came with the old twig & berries instead, then stitched up the abdominal incision and proceeded to neuter him.

Coincidentally, that cat grew up to be one mean spiteful s.o.b. LOL

My Killer had an undescended testicle, so the vet had to open him up as if he was being spayed.  I was charged accordingly.

Killer, however, was always the sweetest little thing.  Not a mean bone in his body.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:52pm

I'm no cat expert, but I did stay at a.... oh sorry. Wouldn't that be kinda difficult to NOT see?While spaying a male kitty....Confused 

I thought the same thing .. not to mention that it seems like gender confirmation would be on the mandatory checklist somewhere between sedating the animal and grabbing the scalpel.  

He was a long haired black kitty, so it's possible the bits & pieces weren't all that visible. But that seems like that would be all the more reason to double check LOL
I would think they would have to shave, or at least trim the area too.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 5:18pm

It's hard to tell a kitten's gender when they're really young.  The balls aren't really out there yet in males.  You have to go by the distance between the anus and the urethra.  A vet, however, should be able to tell at a glance.

My mom and dad raised, breeded and showed West Highland White Terriers.
My little sister, 4 years difference, had to tell me how to tell the puppies apart.
I was 8 or 10. It's a little more obvious with dogs.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 5:29pm

Yeah, dogs' dicks are right out there.  Cats' dicks aren't.  

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 5:53pm
I do struggle sometimes with basic concepts.  Wink
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 6:27pm

Yeah, dogs' dicks are right out there.  Cats' dicks aren't.  

LOL  Even as a young puppy they do stick out like a sore thumb.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 8:12pm
I (Heart) my pet, I (Spade) my pet, I (Club) my pet. (My pet is dead!)
Poiuyt Power!!!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 7:26am
What pisses me off? Do you really want to know? Let's see...

- Stupidity and immaturity in adults.

- Being ignored

- Not being taken seriously

- Slow walkers (seriously, one day I'm going to carry around loud speakers that will blast the song "Move, Bitch! Get Out The Way!" to all those tourists in Times Square)

- People who have no regard for others, especially on public transportation. We don't want to smell your nasty food or hear how Sharkeisha's baby daddy got locked up for the 15th time in two months while we're riding. Speaking of which...

- People (usually teenagers) who have their crappy music blasting through their earphones, or worse, out loud so everyone hears it on the bus and/or train. If I can hear your music through MY earphones, then it's TOO F**KING LOUD!!!!

- This namby-pamby, pussified society that today's kids are being raised in. Lookit here, darling - the real world will NOT coddle you or give you as many chances as you want to succeed or give you an award just for trying. You do it right the first time or you FAIL! In the workplace, if you fail to do your job well, you get FIRED. Mommy and Daddy (or the milkman or the bartender down the street, or whoever your mamma's claiming to be your father this week) will NOT be there to hold your hand through life. Kids today need to learn that, but the schools are pushing this "every kid is special/everyone gets an award" attitude that totally sucks. These kids are going to learn the hard way that life's no free ride and you don't get awarded just for participating. Who came up with this touchy-feely approach, anyway? If I ever get a classroom of my own, I will be straightforward and honest with the kids. You didn't do well on the test? Study harder! You didn't make the basketball team? Suck it up, buttercup, and deal! Try something else!

-People who try to force you to adhere to their way of thinking and get mad at you and call you all sorts of names if you don't. I don't even want to elaborate on this one because my opinions are my own and not the same as everyone's. You don't agree with my way of thinking? Boo freakin' hoo! Get over it and move on!

It actually takes a lot to make me angry; I'm a totally chill person...until you cross that line. Then Mooch becomes The Bitch From Hell.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 8:44am
hearing twenty instead of two-thousand. Dunno what, it just...pisses me off.

I can understand it when the option is "One thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine", but two thousand or two thousand twelve...does that REALLY take so much time out of your day you have to shorten it by one syllable?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 1:33pm

Pestilence.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:07pm

People who don't return phone calls.  I'm waiting for my dead neighb's sis-in-law to call me with the phone number of the person who said she wanted his cat, but she hasn't.  I've left two messages.  In the meantime, it's cold and wet outside, and the cat only has access to the nasty garage.

What the hell is wrong with people?  Well, in her case, I think she's a tweaker, and such people are useless.  Angry

His mother's coming this Friday to deal with the mess, and the sis-in-law who wants some of the furniture should be there, too.  So, hopefully, the cat situation will be resolved then or before then.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

- This namby-pamby, pussified society that today's kids are being raised in. Lookit here, darling - the real world will NOT coddle you or give you as many chances as you want to succeed or give you an award just for trying. You do it right the first time or you FAIL! In the workplace, if you fail to do your job well, you get FIRED. Mommy and Daddy (or the milkman or the bartender down the street, or whoever your mamma's claiming to be your father this week) will NOT be there to hold your hand through life. Kids today need to learn that, but the schools are pushing this "every kid is special/everyone gets an award" attitude that totally sucks. These kids are going to learn the hard way that life's no free ride and you don't get awarded just for participating. Who came up with this touchy-feely approach, anyway? If I ever get a classroom of my own, I will be straightforward and honest with the kids. You didn't do well on the test? Study harder! You didn't make the basketball team? Suck it up, buttercup, and deal! Try something else!

Clap

You may not get to be a true teacher if you do get your own classroom, though ... I was at a loss for words when I heard about this:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2014/01/06/principal-tells-seventh-grade-teacher-her-students-are-not-allowed-to-fail-n1772129

Forced to abandon my hopes of imparting the same wisdom I had gained through my experiences and education, I resigned myself to the superficial curriculum that encouraged mindless conformity. I decided that if I was going to teach this nonsense, I was at least going to teach it well.

This reluctant, yet effective strategy left ten of her students with ‘Fs.’ The grades did not go unnoticed by the school’s principal. She called her into her office and told her the following:

They are not allowed to fail.”

“If they have D’s or F’s, there is something that you are not doing for them.”

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:01pm

^  Made me think of aka ron's cartoon posted on the previous page.

I recently came across this website for some alternative school in Milwaukee.  It's for criminal teens, in which they can, apparently, get a high school diploma for absolutely nothing but recognizing how they've been oppressed.

Look at this crap, and click on some of the links to see what the hell it is they're teaching.  Hint:  it's not reading, writing and arithmetic.  

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:20pm

^  Made me think of aka ron's cartoon posted on the previous page.

I recently came across this website for some alternative school in Milwaukee.  It's for criminal teens, in which they can, apparently, get a high school diploma for absolutely nothing but recognizing how they've been oppressed.

Look at this crap, and click on some of the links to see what the hell it is they're teaching.  Hint:  it's not reading, writing and arithmetic.

Confused

I especially love the picture of the ironic inspirational poster (on the right with Jay-Z):

I googled that, and here's some of the other lyrics from the song that poster's quoting:

Now every time, every place, everywhere we go
Hoes start pointin - they say, "There he go!"
Now these motherf**kers know we carry mo' heat than a little bit
We don't pull it out over little sh*t
And if you catch a lick when I spit, then it won't be a little hit
Go read a book you illiterate son of a bitch and step up yo' vocab
Don't be surprised if yo' hoe stab out with me
and you see us comin down on yo' slab
Livin ghetto-fabulous, so mad, you just can't take it
But nigga if you hatin I
then you wait while I get yo' bitch butt-naked, just break it
You gotta pay like you weigh wet wit two pairs of clothes on
Now get yo' ass to the back as I'm flyin to the track

^^ Talk about your higher learning! Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:32pm

Lord.  Yeah, there's someone you want teaching kids about vocabulary.  LOL

This school is not doing these teens any good by teaching them "restoration of consciousness", "rerooting the village", "systemic oppression", and the history of hip-hop culture.  They're teaching them to be uneducated and ignorant "revolutionaries" (aka criminals).  DeadConfused

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:45pm

I think you're selling this school a little short & misrepresenting what they're doing there.

Quote Most core academic courses are delivered via internet utilizing effective, quality programs offered by E2020.

Researchers and curriculum experts have worked diligently to create classes that:

Are aligned to WI State Standards, and Common Core Standards
Are fun and engaging
Address multiple learning styles
Are visually exciting and interesting
Are competency-based (learners progress only when they really understand the material)

I don't see any evidence that they don't teach academic subject matter or allow students to graduate & get a diploma without learning anything.

I don't deny that there are issues regarding how kids are handled & dealt with in modern public schools, but a lot of the horror stories some people love to throw around are often exaggerated or extreme & isolated examples that are not indicative of the vast majority.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of pretty smart kids in America's public schools getting good, solid educations from good, solid, highly professional teachers.

It's not as bad as some enjoy making it sound.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:54pm

I especially love the picture of the ironic inspirational poster (on the right with Jay-Z):

Think maybe it was the irony that they were goin for?

Or maybe they find that talking to them about reading & vocabulary in the current popular style is a good way to reach them?

As long as what they're reading & the vocabulary that they develop through it are basd on proper English, speaking in dialect or pop slang is not such a bad thing.

The main thing is that they understand that one is proper & the other is slang.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:08pm

I've seen nothing on that website or anywhere else where anything is mentioned about Math or Science or History (except Black history).  Here's an article about the school.  Not a word about the academics.

If anyone's misrepresenting the school, it's not me.  It's the school itself.  Maybe they are all about the "three Rs", but damned if I can tell.  Hell, just look at its very own website.  It's atrocious---not befitting of a blog, let alone a school.

And, "aligned to WI State Standards, and Common Core Standards" tells me nothing.  Sounds like semantics, just like the supposed low suspension rate (3%) the school touts.  Hell, the reason I heard about the school was from reading an article about one of its female students who was recently blown away by a housing maintenance guy after she and a male friend beat him with a baseball bat for no apparent reason.  They both died.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:37pm
Angry  TWERKING!!  Angry
NOT SEXY!
NOT APPEALING!
NOT ATTRACTIVE!

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:50pm

Angry  TWERKING!!  Angry
NOT SEXY!
NOT APPEALING!
NOT ATTRACTIVE!

But effective:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:56pm
LOL Oh my god!  LOL
Not the deadly ass matter crack and a half move.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 125>
  Share Topic