Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:23pm

What pisses you off?

I'll tell you what royally pisses me off. 

It is the crappy outdated Web Wiz software this forum uses.

I am soooooo sick of going through the often times lengthy and time consuming effort of composing a post, which can involve inserting pics or a video or using some text enhancement feature, then editing my wording, correcting spelling errors and typos, etc, etc, etc, only to hit the Post Reply button and get this bullsh*t....

The worst thing about it is that there is absolutely no built in auto-save feature like most other forum software has, that allows you to use your browser's back button to get everything you lost back again.

I've been trying to train myself to always, with every post, select everything, do a cut, then paste it all back in prior to hitting Post Reply so if that idiot Web Wiz genie decides to pull his sh*t again, I can paste it all back into a new, refreshed post field.

Of course, the only time it pulls this sh*t is whenever I forget to do the cut/paste.

I guess Web Wiz  is a good name for it though. The word "wiz" is often times used as a euphemism for PISS, and it sure does PISS me off.

(Better remember to do my cut/paste before I hit the Post Reply button.... Ermm)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:03pm
Yeah, that sucks.

When I'd occasionally lose some lengthy, elaborate post, I'd usually just say "F*ck it. It wasn't meant to be". I was really just being too lazy to do the whole thing over.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:10pm
Same here.

I had replied to a post by aka ron and forgot to cut/paste it first.

Got the stupid yellow death message and said f**k it.

Maybe I'll do it again later when I feel more like it.

And less disgusted.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:35pm
I'm beginning to think I may have made a big mistake.

The realtor said the place has Cable service, it was on the spec sheet.  I call Spectrum and they don't have the address in their records!

The current owners have STILL not mowed the grass.

I wonder what the consequences are if I back out of the deal, the loss of my earnest money?  It may be worth it.  Christine was giving me the cold shoulder once I started asking questions and wanted her to show it to me again.

I sent an email to the listing agent...Hoping to get some answers.

I guess I could get Sat. TV and Internet.  I could have someone install an outdoor antenna.  No wonder my gut hurts!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm beginning to think I may have made a big mistake.

The realtor said the place has Cable service, it was on the spec sheet.  I call Spectrum and they don't have the address in their records!

The current owners have STILL not mowed the grass.

I wonder what the consequences are if I back out of the deal, the loss of my earnest money?  It may be worth it.  Christine was giving me the cold shoulder once I started asking questions and wanted her to show it to me again.

I sent an email to the listing agent...Hoping to get some answers.

I guess I could get Sat. TV and Internet.  I could have someone install an outdoor antenna.  No wonder my gut hurts!

They probably meant that cable was available, not installed already.  You can always back out of a real estate deal but you'll lose your earnest money unless you can prove willful misrepresentation.  But if my realtor/agent gave me "the cold shoulder" just because I started making a few waves, I'd go straight to her broker to resolve the problem.  Contacting the seller's agent isn't really a good idea.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:48pm
The road sucks!  I talked to an old guy back there today. He has lived back there for 60 years.  Do you have cable?  He said some of the people have Sat. TV.

This is turning into a crap fest, I may have to back out.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:12am
Go with your gut.  You might lose some $$$, but better than losing the whole amount later if/when other problems crop up...

p.s. Don't take financial advice from me... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:08pm
The listing agent was really quite nice.

Kevin,

There is an antenna on the home and a dish is the other possibility.  I use an antenna at my house in Oshkosh and get 26 local local channels.  Then use internet for other shows.  I requested that the lawn be mowed at the time I presented the offer.  The seller was going to have his son cut the lawn.  The son is not the most reliable person but I will keep on them. 

Just an FYI Christine told me 9:30 on the 29th for the closing.  But Title company sent me an email saying that 10am was closing time.  Just want to clear up time.

I called Spectrum and they do not service this little dead end road, I'm guessing there is 8 or 10 homes/cottages back there.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 5:30pm

The road sucks!  I talked to an old guy back there today. He has lived back there for 60 years.  Do you have cable?  He said some of the people have Sat. TV.

IMHO, you're probably just getting a typical case of cold feet.

No place is going to be perfect or meet every little expectation and you'll get used to whichever little inconveniences that may present themselves. The main things to think about are.... 

How do you feel in the place? 

Do you like the surroundings? 

Do you like the way the place looks and feels inside? 

Do you think you'd feel at home there?

Do you think you'd enjoy hanging out in the yard and in the living room? 

Is the price affordable and easy on your finances?

The cable issue is nothing. Get an antenna or a dish or both.

BFD.

Stop making mountains out of molehills.

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

IMHO, you're probably just getting a typical case of cold feet.

No place is going to be perfect or meet every little expectation and you'll get used to whichever little inconveniences that may present themselves. The main things to think about are.... 

How do you feel in the place? 

Do you like the surroundings? 

Do you like the way the place looks and feels inside? 

Do you think you'd feel at home there?

Do you think you'd enjoy hanging out in the yard and in the living room? 

Is the price affordable and easy on your finances?

The cable issue is nothing. Get an antenna or a dish or both.

BFD.

Stop making mountains out of molehills.

What he said.  Wink  Also, it looks like you're pretty close to the river.  Were you required to get flood insurance?  I would think so, but if not, you might want to consider it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 3:00pm
Eastern Mole – Wildlife Illinois
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:20pm
The wife was here today with my mail, her new phone was at the local post office too.

She bought some living room furniture, that's okay!

She seemed so angry with me.  I'm not sure why.

We still have to share info from insurance to banking information.

She just wants to move on.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 5:23pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 6:33pm

The wife was here today with my mail, her new phone was at the local post office too.

She bought some living room furniture, that's okay!

We still have to share info from insurance to banking information.

She just wants to move on.

Women get so weird when they're leaving.

It's like they build up this inner hostility and resentment because of every little thing the guy did or they perceived him to have done.... and in some cases, to have not done.

Confused

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:40am

Did you say something ...wrong?

iont52320mage0 (3).jpg

Ouch
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:35pm
She later said that she is not mad at me.  She also said that this transition isn't really easy for her either.

I picture her with a new man, that hurts!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:22pm

She later said that she is not mad at me.  She also said that this transition isn't really easy for her either.

I heard a song once, I have no idea what the name of it is or who it's by, but there's a line in it that goes:

"man wants a woman, woman always gets a man".

Just a fact of life.

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 7:17pm

I don't know what caused you and your wife to split up, but sometimes the divorce process itself will exacerbate any feelings of anger.  What seemed like a minor annoyance suddenly becomes a serious issue. 

Also, she could be hiding her stress and nervousness about suddenly being on her own and projecting that anxiety on to you.  If you're acting like you're getting on with your life without her and not having any problems, that, coupled with her own stress, could make her lash out.

And some people just keep conflict and squabbling going as a means of communication because they aren't ready to "let go".

Just my thoughts.  I'm sorry all this is happening and hope the support from your friends helps!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:02pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 4:32pm
I'm gonna miss this place!  The wife is already feeling the 'culture shock'.  Who knows how I will like my new place.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 5:55pm
All of these nice looking women calling me!  They want to sell me stuff too!

Thanks Kevin.  I have the paperwork ready so if you or Linda wanted to stop in and sign the wire form that would be awesome.

Also just wondering if you where doing your new mortgage with us.  We currently have some awesome mortgage rates.  I am told they are the lowest in town.  Let me know if you would like to speak with one of our loan officers to possible do a refinance in the future.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 6:08pm

Thanks Kevin.  I have the girls ready so if you wanted to stop in and have some fun that would be awesome.

Also just wondering if you where into anything freaky.  We currently have some awesome kinky ladies.  I am told they are the freakiest in town.  Let me know if you would like to freak with one of our "groan officers" to possible do a real fun Nancy in the future.

Boy, they just come right out with it, don't they? Shocked

LOL Wink

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:05pm
LOL!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Thanks Kevin.  I have the girls ready so if you wanted to stop in and have some fun that would be awesome.

Also just wondering if you where into anything freaky.  We currently have some awesome kinky ladies.  I am told they are the freakiest in town.  Let me know if you would like to freak with one of our "groan officers" to possible do a real fun Nancy in the future.

Boy, they just come right out with it, don't they? Shocked

LOL Wink

LOLLOLLOL

Now I have to find that Plus Size women's commercial where she talks about 'her girls'!

I guess I should be more careful about sharing my top secret email communication...Embarrassed

The information transmitted by this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be aware that any use, review, retransmission, distribution, reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is strictly prohibited.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:51pm
"Do you want to meat my girls?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 125>
  Share Topic