Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 5:11pm
Aka, I don't mean to be nosy, but I must have missed previous posts about you moving.  Why is all this happening?  And why all the rush?  You seem to be selling things way below their value just to get rid of them quickly.  Confused 
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 5:20pm
^ Try to keep up, sweetheart. You know I love you!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 11:12am
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 7:16pm
I'm sorry.  I didn't realize what was going on.  Again, none of my business.  I'll try to pay better attention from now on!  Sorry you're going through this. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 5:53pm
The wife finally figured out that she should take everything that will fit in her apartment. (pending)

She needs to get that sexy granny ass over here and do some work. I got a bunch of boxes, bought 11 newspapers to wrap fragile things!

I am very aware of our financial situation. I've been taking care of the money for the last 16 some years.

That $2400 puts us in a pretty good situation. The tax return will be about $1000.  She gets paid again on 5/1.  She was kind of snotty about the furniture. We had a dog, a little more wear and tear.

Like, unless you have some sort of sugar daddy.  Her list, just about everything!  I will still have a lot of stuff to get rid of.  It really sucks!

Here is the list of things I want.  Bed

Dressers

My desk

Book case

Grandmas chair

Kitchen set

Glass table

Tv

Stereo

Lamps

Wrought iron furniture

Recliner

Outdoor swing

Tv trays

File cabinet

Router/wifi units

Coffee table and end tables

Buffet table

She used to love me!

LOL!  See how easy that was? You may have to be more specific the next time you are here. K? Like the big couch, the love seat. No pressure but think about it. They have a 2 week lag. (2 men and a truck) As soon as you know for sure, I will schedule it. Oh!  I did order a new lamp shade, it should be here tomorrow!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 6:25pm
It's not easy to be me!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 6:56pm
LOL ^ Life of the party as usual, I see.... 

Wink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 8:20pm
I see you want the recliner but it would be nice to have a couch if you have visitors...so they don't have to sit on the floor.  Also, unless your microwave is built in, take that too.  I know you probably don't want to cook, but a couple pots and fry pans will come in handy as well as some dishes and silverware.  Man cannot live on take out alone.  Think soup, breakfast sausage/bacon and eggs.  Oh, and some glasses and coffee cups.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 5:12pm
^ It's her that does not want the couch and love seat. I'm leaving here with only what I can fit in the back seat of my truck.  I've been putting stuff out for her here in the kitchen. I asked her yesterday, we were getting along very well. I am trying to make the move as easy as possible, even helping her as much as I can. Do you want to hear my toilet paper joke?

The new landlord (Still pending BTW) does not accept Discover Card. I gave her my M/C!

I won't even get into my sick joke with her about the TP. Embarrassed

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 5:43pm
You sound like a stand up guy, aka. I can't imagine her not appreciating your efforts in helping her.  But no, I don't want to hear your toilet paper joke.  It sounds like it might be something I'll want to unhear but can't.  Sick  Here's a virtual hug...sounds like you need one right now.  Hug
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 4:59pm
^ Back at you!  Hug

I keep getting these freaking calls from people trying to sell me health insurance!  STFU!

The way I see it, you either have health insurance or you can't afford it. Our health policy is quite reasonable.  $98 and some change, Dental- $17.17. Vision- $12.29.

It kills me! They always say the same thing!  "Are you looking for an individual or group plan?"

LOOKING?  I say.  YOU CALLED ME! After some awkward silence...Who do these people think they are?

I could have said something a lot worse.  BITCH!  Then I hang up.  THEN!  She calls me back! From a different number.  Talking about my sexual antics with my mother.  These people need to get a life and a real job.

A few months ago, the woman was so upset that I was wasting her time.  She said

Why'd you push 1, why'd you push 1, why'd you push 1?  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 4:26pm
I placed an order for a dumpster in my driveway yesterday.  I could tell from the start, this is not going to go well.  I thought it was a local company! Here I am talking to some call center with awkward skills in English.  I spoke as clearly as I know how (being from Indiana) but she just didn't get it!  This is a new thing for me...DocuSign.  I've had to use it with the Title company to sell the house and the movers had a similar contract.  She messed up the delivery address!  She wrote 245 E River Dr. The correct address is 745....

Now!  I'm worried that she didn't change the billing address.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:02pm
Jeez Louise!  I'm getting a flood of text messages!  I DON'T TEXT!!

The first one, she was kinda snotty. "looking for fun or serious about buying a home" - ("probably when things calm down a bit")  SCREW YOU AIMEE!!  I want to buy NOW!!

Bob the boat guy. Call me on the phone, Bob!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:41pm
^ I've given up (or in). These days, I text a lot. In fact, since I got this phone last year, I've gotten a grand total of 2 voicemails. And one was from my landline when I tested it out.

Seriously, texting makes a lot of things easier.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^ I've given up (or in). These days, I text a lot. In fact, since I got this phone last year, I've gotten a grand total of 2 voicemails. And one was from my landline when I tested it out.

r u texting in that annoying shorthand now 2? 

idc, jc

hak

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 4:36pm
I don't even know how to bring up the keyboard on this flip phone. Yeah!  I'll read the message!  If it's important, I will call them back.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

r u texting in that annoying shorthand now 2? 

idc, jc

hak

Nope. Full words and correct punctuation.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 9:32pm

Nope. Full words and correct punctuation.

u r totally not hip.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 5:58pm
What a beautiful f*cking day it is!  About 70 degrees, warm enough to put a fan in the window.

The realtor reminded me that they wanted $1000 in earnest.  I dropped that off before going to the closing on this house. That went smoothly but I knew going in...The buyer was having trouble getting me my check. Some problem with their lender.  They said I could pick the check up at 3:30 today.  Fvck that!  We don't need the money that bad!  I will go over there on Monday and have Mama meat me so she can endorse the check. I wanted to close out the loan we have with the CU today!  That too can wait.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:35pm
The lady at the other title company sent me some documents concerning the purchase of the home down the river from here. What a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo!  The realtor said the house has it's own well but is on the city sewer system.  That's not what I read!

There is a holding tank that has to be pumped out, they show the contract with this service and I must comply.  I wonder how much that costs!  Sure!  We have city water and sewer here!  The sewer charge is always 75% of the bill.  Cripes!  I'm feeling a little buyers remorse...Maybe I am rushing into this!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:53am
Live there for 6 months, then turn around and sell it... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:23am
I'm finally learning how to sleep on this rock hard twin bed.  I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in a month.

I decided to do some shopping online this morning.  I ordered some new crutches, that went well. The new place has wood floors and I don't want to scratch them or fall on my ass.

I went to Best Buy to buy a TV...Citi has blocked the purchase because some machine thinks something is fishy. WTF?  They send me a text. Press 1 to approve this purchase, press 2 to deny.  I DON'T TEXT!!!!

I see Wally World doesn't open till 7:00 this morning.  I may just go over there and buy what I need.  I need to buy some rabbit ears also.  Just to see if I can pickup the broadcast channels. The antenna on this house is 30+ feet in the air and it also has an amplifier.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't even know how to bring up the keyboard on this flip phone. Yeah!  I'll read the message!  If it's important, I will call them back.

You've probably figured this out by now, but if your flip phone is from Consumer Cellular, it doesn't have a keyboard.  You just use the numeric pad to get to the letter you want.  Press #2 once for A, press #2 twice for B, etc.  It's a real pain and takes forever to say anything.  If you want to "dabble" in the smart phone world (come on...you can do it!) try the ZTE Avid Android phone from Consumer Cellular.  It's only $50 bucks, so not a huge investment to give it a try.  Texting is so commonplace now (and necessary in some instances) you really need to learn it.  Have a text savvy friend close by to show you the ropes!  God, I sound like a commercial myself.  Sorry, I'm a Consumer Cellular fan.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:24pm
^ I suppose you are right [sigh].

FREAKING TODAY'S tv SETS!  So much sh*t to go through to get the goddamned station to show up on the screen.  Scanning for channels now.  I just lost the other two TV sets unless I can find a splitter and a length of co-ax cable.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:27pm
Scanning the new antenna! 6 channels 50% complete.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 4:46pm
I tried to take some short cuts when I hooked this up to the TV set.  There is a lot of assembly.  I must have missed an important part. The horizontal antenna for example.

ClearStream® MAX-V UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna

It wasn't cheap! I've burned all of my work energy for today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 125>
  Share Topic