Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 5:41am
Next time you should say "Oh, he died in a car wreck last week while driving that very vehicle!" and see what happens... 
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 5:31pm
A little unwanted interaction of the human kind.  I have a sign on the front door. It's as plain as day!

NO SOLICITING!

I don't get why people like politicians and clergy members feel like they can ignore my sign!  WTF!

Mama made it to the door before I did. I was watching TV in bed.  I threw on my robe...The wife said it's Jim, the snow blower guy. I said that Jim has no reason to be at our door ringing the bell.

I opened the door and said "Hi"...With my robe hanging recklessly open. Embarrassed  Okay, I just added that for drama!  I asked him what he wanted..."I'm such and such and I'm running for town board." I'm reaching around the half opened door tapping on the sign.  Didn't you see my sign?  I said thank you in a snarky way and he left.  Maybe, I'm on double secret probation?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

A little unwanted interaction of the human kind.  I have a sign on the front door. It's as plain as day!

NO SOLICITING!

I don't get why people like politicians and clergy members feel like they can ignore my sign!  WTF!

Mama made it to the door before I did. I was watching TV in bed.  I threw on my robe...The wife said it's Jim, the snow blower guy. I said that Jim has no reason to be at our door ringing the bell.

I opened the door and said "Hi"...With my robe hanging recklessly open. Embarrassed  Okay, I just added that for drama!  I asked him what he wanted..."I'm such and such and I'm running for town board." I'm reaching around the half opened door tapping on the sign.  Didn't you see my sign?  I said thank you in a snarky way and he left.  Maybe, I'm on double secret probation?
My POP. 10,000 town has a 'Green River Ordinance'. They actually require a permit which requires honoring 'NO SOLICITING' signs for door to door sales. Unfortunately politics and religion are exempt. Check with your city.   

A Green River Ordinance is a common United States city ordinance prohibiting door-to-door solicitation. Under such an ordinance, it is illegal for any business to sell their items door-to-door without express prior permission from the household. Some versions prohibit all organizations, including non-profit charitable, political, and religious groups, from soliciting or canvassing any household that makes it clear, in writing, that it does not want such solicitations (generally with a "No Trespassing" or "No Solicitations" sign posted).

The ordinance is named for the city of Green River, Wyoming, which in 1931 was the first city to enact it. The ordinance was unsuccessfully challenged on constitutional grounds by the Fuller Brush Company in 1932

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 6:45pm
A recent typo ended up costing me over 10 bucks, dammit!!!! Angry

I pay my property tax bill online. The bills arrive in the mail in early November with a final due date some time in spring of the next year.

The earlier you pay them, the larger of a discount you get, up to 4%. If you pay them by the end of November, you get the full 4% discount. After that, the discount reduces by 1% at the beginning of each next month.

My normal routine is to wait until right after Thanksgiving to go online and pay with an electronic withdrawal from my checking account.

I've owned my checking account with the exact same 13 digit account number, since 1986. I've had the number memorized for longer than I can remember how long I've had it memorized. But nowadays, because I pay for (almost) everything with a credit card, I don't often have the need or opportunity to type out my account number. 

Except for when paying certain bills, like insurance payments and.... property taxes.

Anyroad, (that's the way the limeys say anyway/anyhow) for some reason when I was paying my taxes on Friday 11/29, I apparently typed my account number in wrong. 

Worse yet, rather than the website immediately kicking it back as an invalid account number, it gave me a "payment received" confirmation and email. I started suspecting something was wrong when after few days, there was still no pending transaction for it showing up on my bank's website.

Then a day or so ago, I finally got a notice from the county appraiser's office telling me my payment had been cancelled because the bank didn't recognize the account number I gave them.

Fortunately, they didn't hit me with a returned check fee, and I was able to go back and do the whole thing over again. 

Of course, it's now December so my 4% discount shrunk to a 3% discount.

Dammit!!!! Angry

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:56am
I'm expecting our property tax bill sometime within the next week or so. Merry f*cking Christmas!

No discount here for paying early. It might help the tax return but we won't have all of the money until January anyway. I've been setting aside some money for the past few months.  The first payment of two is due by January 31st.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 5:51am
I paid mine last month.  With that, and lots of other 'end-of-the-year' bills, I dropped about 6 grand in three weeks...  Pinch
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 5:12pm
I had to send our grocery store a message, not the first time on this subject too.  The wife loves her Gevalia Mocha Latte. They've been sold out the last three times I was in their store.  I complained probably a year ago or so. I was polite!  They replied saying it must have been an oversight and they would reorder the product. Within the next week, it was on the shelf again.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:01am
Heh, neighbor down the street wants speed bumps installed to "protect the children" (his) playing in the street against speeding cars, yet he himself drives his big ol' truck fast just like that.  Won't be signing a speed bump petition when that makes the rounds...  Ermm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I paid mine last month.  With that, and lots of other 'end-of-the-year' bills, I dropped about 6 grand in three weeks...  Pinch
The property tax bill came yesterday.

It caused a restless nights sleep for me and a conflict with my lovely wife.  I asked her a couple of questions...

Have you done any Christmas shopping? "No"
How much of that $350 do you still have left?

She's still living in the world when we were bringing in 100K a year

Angry

HIT A NERVE! Ouch Look!  She can do whatever she wants but she has to keep OUR big picture in mind!

The f*cking tax bill is over $1800! I have saved $1000. I've crunched the numbers and we should be OK if we don't use any more money from the checking account this month! That will leave us about $700 for the month of January.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:34pm
My last message to the grocery store didn't go through, I must not have filled out the required fields. Anyway, I have a new reason to be pissed at them.  Still none of my wife's favorite beverages.

Mocha Latte
 Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate

I tried to find some similar products.  I have a nice beef roast and some potatoes in the crock pot as I type this.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:50pm

My last message to the grocery store didn't go through, I must not have filled out the required fields. Anyway, I have a new reason to be pissed at them.  Still none of my wife's favorite beverages.

Mocha Latte
 Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate

I tried to find some similar products.  I have a nice beef roast and some potatoes in the crock pot as I type this.

I'll be heading to the grocery store in a couple of hours or so.

Need to finish up shopping for my Christmas day goodies.

My plans for the day include eating, laying around, watching TV, more eating, some more laying around watching TV, followed by even more eating. All interspersed with some forum posting, of course.

I might get outside for a some fresh air and a walk later in the afternoon (if my legs can carry me), then it will be back home for some more eating, laying around and watching TV.

Oh wait, that's a normal day, isn't it?

Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:02pm
^ LOL

Even I will try to get something done!  I wish I could take a walk!

I'll have to head out on Christmas Eve Day, just to make sure I have food for Christmas day.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 8:58pm
I plan on napping as much as possible. My good friend, Al Prazolam, will help me with that.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I plan on napping as much as possible. My good friend, Al Prazolam, will help me with that.

I've never met the guy but I hear he's dependable for that sort of thing

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 12:23pm
He usually helps, but sometimes he needs a little assistance from my other pal, Ben. Ben Adryl.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

He usually helps, but sometimes he needs a little assistance from my other pal, Ben. Ben Adryl.

I would think that getting a couple of guys like that together could be asking for trouble.

But I suppose as long as the two of them get along well together, don't fight and end up wrecking the joint while inadvertently kicking your ass in the process, it's cool to hang out with both of them at the same time..

Whatever you do, just don't go and call up your friend Jack Daniels.

Or your pal Johnny Walker and his partner Jimmy Beam.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 5:22pm
^ LOL LOL
I picked a bad day to quit...

Image result for Enjoy cocaine t-shirts&quot;

It's a good thing I still have...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 4:41pm
ION TV is such a suck ass channel!  Yeah, the Christmas movies are gone. Now, all morning long, Infomercials!

Pam Payne No, the look you give ION when you expect to find NCIS:LA on Sunday and instead find infomercials. *turns TV OFF*

Cathy Blevins Sure will be glad when you're back to your regular starting times! This not starting until 1pm is THE PITS!!😥😥

Sandra GreenBay Rivera what is going on with ION, all shows coming on late, was my favorite channel now looking else where, this really is the pits.

Shirlann LB What happened to the morning programs? What is with all the infomercials? Guess I will start watching these channels in the mornings now. Get Tv or Decades and even start TV now.

Denise Casad Info commercials are BS!!! ION TV U SUCK NOW!!!! Just why? Some of us are limited in channels n u do this!!!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 5:41pm

^ LOL LOL
I picked a bad day to quit...

It's a good thing I still have...

^^^ LOL

Just now saw that...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 5:51pm
LOL

Your cousin is hot but your fingers are not!

Now that's some good writing!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 5:57pm

ION TV is such a suck ass channel!  Yeah, the Christmas movies are gone. Now, all morning long, Infomercials!

Pam Payne No, the look you give ION when you expect to find NCIS:LA on Sunday and instead find infomercials. *turns TV OFF*

Cathy Blevins Sure will be glad when you're back to your regular starting times! This not starting until 1pm is THE PITS!!😥😥

Sandra GreenBay Rivera what is going on with ION, all shows coming on late, was my favorite channel now looking else where, this really is the pits.

Shirlann LB What happened to the morning programs? What is with all the infomercials? Guess I will start watching these channels in the mornings now. Get Tv or Decades and even start TV now.

Denise Casad Info commercials are BS!!! ION TV U SUCK NOW!!!! Just why? Some of us are limited in channels n u do this!!!!!

If you get Grit, check it out.

A lot of old western TV shows during the day and classic western movies at night.

Closest station to you is in Green Bay if you're using an antenna, but your cable provider might carry it.

They run a couple of episodes of Laramie every day, which has become one of my favorites.

Over on CoziTV from noon to 1, it's B2B episodes of Adam 12.

Then on MeTV at 1:00 pm, Gunsmoke.

Lotta good stuff on.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 7:07pm
Quest is a good broadcast channel, too.

They have some pretty interesting shows.

Lot of stuff like Ice Road Truckers, Swamp Loggers, Factory Made, Modern Marvels, etc.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 5:44pm
I get Grit.  I don't think I get Quest.  We have new channel called Dabl.  Cooking shows and some other crap I don't want to see. Bob Vila has a show on Dabl, I always enjoyed his work but I'll be damned if I know when his show is on. The Circle channel starts tomorrow!  All about Country Music...Thumbs Down

I got a call earlier today from some Energy Star company associated with our utility provider. I honestly don't want to hear from anyone even if they have a legal right to call me.  He asked me how old the home was, how long we have lived here. And the kicker was...On a scale of 1 to 10, how energy efficient do you think your home is?  Pretty damned good (8) I said.  I was waiting for a sales pitch.

He kept saying...One more question and I'll take you off the list.  I'M ON A LIST!?!?!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 7:10pm

I get Grit.  I don't think I get Quest.  We have new channel called Dabl.  Cooking shows and some other crap I don't want to see. Bob Vila has a show on Dabl, I always enjoyed his work but I'll be damned if I know when his show is on. The Circle channel starts tomorrow!  All about Country Music...Thumbs Down

I got a call earlier today from some Energy Star company associated with our utility provider. I honestly don't want to hear from anyone even if they have a legal right to call me.  He asked me how old the home was, how long we have lived here. And the kicker was...On a scale of 1 to 10, how energy efficient do you think your home is?  Pretty damned good (8) I said.  I was waiting for a sales pitch.

He kept saying...One more question and I'll take you off the list.  I'M ON A LIST!?!?!

We get that yabble Dabl doo-doo here too.

Non-watchable.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 6:43pm
What pisses me off?

Every December when the Christmas tree lots go up, I drop by the one where I do my grocery shopping and fill up a shopping bag with pine branches that have broken off or have been trimmed off the bottoms of the trees and are just laying on the ground.

I take them home and make a kind of table wreath in my living room near my miniature fake tree and where most of my decorations are. Maybe put a few around the bottom of said mini tree as well.

The purpose of all this, being to create a little of that old fashioned Christmas tree smell that I remember from my youth when, as soon as I'd enter the house, the wonderful Christmas-y pine scent wafting off of a colorfully decorated tree was the first thing I'd notice. Always got me into the Christmas spirit.

But I think that the trees nowadays, because they arrive at the tree lots fresher than back then, don't have as much of that scent at first and don't get it until they begin to dry out a little. I've noticed it before and again this year, because finally, after the holidays are already over and I have yet to toss out the branches, I'm just now beginning to really smell the pine tree scent I wanted to have before Christmas.

That pisses me off.

I think next year when I bring them home, I'll put them in the oven on low heat for awhile and dry them out a bit.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 125>
  Share Topic