Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Yeah, I swear they make that happen.  Do they think that by tricking us onto their website, we're suddenly going to take note of their product and maybe buy it?

The law of averages says that it's highly likely.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

^  Yeah, I swear they make that happen.  Do they think that by tricking us onto their website, we're suddenly going to take note of their product and maybe buy it?

Marketing AdHoles have no shame.Angry
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:30pm

Marketing AdHoles have no shame.AngryAngry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:11pm
The Memorial Day madness has begun already.  It's the city wide yard sale! It is Thursday, right?  5 houses on my street alone have started and people are showing up.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:15pm

Yeah, I guess.  Eventually.  Seems the normal response, though, would be to be pissed off or too annoyed to give a damn what they were trying to sell.

edit:  OK...right now there's an ad for "steampunk" something or other up at the top of the page.  Reminded me of some cool steampunk stuff I once saw, but had since forgotten about.  Still, I'm not gonna click on or buy.  Or maybe I will.  Oh, I dunno.  I'm all tore up.  CryAngryLOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The Memorial Day madness has begun already.  It's the city wide yard sale! It is Thursday, right?  5 houses on my street alone have started and people are showing up.

If you're in the market for used dishes, drinking glasses and coffee mugs, crappy figurines, old beat up portable electronics, cordless phones with dead batteries in them, used clothes, old beat up kids' toys, ugly framed and unframed wall art etc, etc, etc.... now's your opportunity!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:57pm

Yeah, I guess.  Eventually.  Seems the normal response, though, would be to be pissed off or too annoyed to give a damn what they were trying to sell.

edit:  OK...right now there's an ad for "steampunk" something or other up at the top of the page.  Reminded me of some cool steampunk stuff I once saw, but had since forgotten about.  Still, I'm not gonna click on or buy.  Or maybe I will.  Oh, I dunno.  I'm all tore up.  CryAngryLOL

It's like these internet "phishing" scams.

They send out tens of thousands of emails that get deleted and never seen, but every once in awhile, a poor, unwise phish takes the bait and they score a bunch of money.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:05am
BTW what I forgot to mention is that the ad was for Coca Cola complete with video. A brand which I like but having an annoying pop up ad in the middle of an article I'm reading tends to piss.me off. Now if they put it at the end of the article to gain my interest that would've been okay and more effective.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:03pm
I just got a call about health insurance...Does anyone pay any attention to the 'Do Not Call' list?  What a bunch of BullSh*t!  I know it's a f*cking scam because it showed up as a local number on my caller ID.  If I decide to call that number, I'm sure it will be shown as 'not in service'. Another f8cking clue that it's a f*cking scam.  I asked him if he has heard of the do not call list.  He seemed so surprised!

Like he was Gods gift to the older American.  f**k You people.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I see everything twice!!! My first attempt resulted in an ERROR! The nonsense explanation was something like: For the purpose of preventing spamming. Your number of posts has exceeded the amount authorized (undisclosed) in the time period allocated (undisclosed) please try again later. I had made one post in a different thread over 1 hour before.ConfusedConfusedConfused I re-posted and it then worked along with my first attempt.ConfusedConfusedConfused  
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 4:14pm

I see everything twice!!! My first attempt resulted in an ERROR! The nonsense explanation was something like: For the purpose of preventing spamming. Your number of posts has exceeded the amount authorized (undisclosed) in the time period allocated (undisclosed) please try again later. I had made one post in a different thread over 1 hour before.ConfusedConfusedConfused I re-posted and it then worked along with my first attempt.ConfusedConfusedConfused  
It just did it again!!! I was able to copy the exact error message.

Error

Error: Message Not Posted

Spamming is not permitted!
You have exceeded the number of posts permitted in the time span.

Please try again later.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:06pm
I can't f*cking believe it! I've been getting a flurry of calls from health insurance companies!  What makes these idiots think that they don't have to abide by the 'Do Not Call' list? They all hang up before they give me an answer. I'm gonna have to go back to my...."your mom has my d*ck in her mouth right now, could you call back later!"  Evil Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:22pm
Call number 3 today just came through.  The guy did say that he didn't call, it's the 'Lead Company', he said. Confused
I told him that he had better contact this Lead Company and inform them that they are breaking the law and pissing me off really bad.  My insurance does cover anger management! Tongue

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 5:40pm
I spend a lot of time on ION TV and ESCAPE. I love it when I find old reruns of Johnny Carson on  METV.

Dr. Ruth, was one of the guest this morning. LOL Evil Smile

What pisses me off? When stupid f*cking shows like this get on the air! Thank God, I was able to find the remote when this came on the air at 10:00 last night.   This, and the Ghost Whisperer.  STFU with these stupid shows!!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 5:44am
Aw, crap.
Was grilling chicken patties outside with my G.Foreman grill today, lifted the lid & saw a piece stuck to it.  Before I could lower the lid or grab it with the tongs, it dropped off, bounced off the grill, then the table edge, and then into the dirt at my feet. Angry  It was a good sized piece & cooked just right, but sadly it was consigned to the mulch pile.  Cry   (Seriously considered washing it off for just a moment, but it had broken apart and was practically breaded with sand, so that was out.)  The rest of the chicken was perfect & tender, which made me miss that lost piece even more.  Oh well...  Cry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 6:06pm
^LOL  My bro used to bring his George Foreman grill over to my house.  You cook outside? The 5 second rule only applies if you are inside, with clean floors. Wink

Mama, is attending the local Thursday night market place uptown. She makes costume jewelry. She's all worked up.  Getting ready.  Am I going with her?  Hell no!  I had some one dollar bills and a ten to give her so she could make change if things went well.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:10am
Quote You cook outside?

Yes, when grilling, keeps from stinking up the whole house, especially for fish (even when using the vents.)  Big smile  I cook it all up at once (except the fish) & freeze it for later.  Meat's been cheap(er) these past few weeks, so been stocking up.  Should last past next January...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:25pm
Is anyone else getting these calls?  Part of the problem, my cell number is a former land line.

Constant, 2 or more calls a day, assbags selling health insurance. It's funny how they hang-up before they explain to me why they ignore the 'Do Not Call' list.  It's f*cking bullsh*t and I'm not going to take it anymore!

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:53pm
Don't you have a call blocker on your cell phone?  See what blocker works for your phone's model by visiting the Google Play Store.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 5:57am
I started an oak tree from an acorn about 12 years ago & have been babying it since then, even have a partial concrete border ring around it for protection, which I hand weed around when necessary.  Then this morning, my 80-something neighbor (n#1) has some yard work done by neighbor #2, who decides to be "helpful" and also weed trim some of my yard (without asking me.)  The prick (n#2) took over 3/4 of the tree's bark off around the base (less than 2 inches of bark remained joining the upper & lower portions.)  The tree will probably survive, but the scarring is going to affect future growth.  The oak is a good 50 feet from n#1's yard, so there wouldn't have been any doubt whose yard it is in.
The next time I see the prick I'm going to tell him to stay the f**k out of my yard...  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 6:13pm
I started some trees from The Arbor Day Foundation in the yard in Winneconne, they were doing well! The f*cking rabbits and other critters ate them.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 5:27am
You wouldn't have so many rabbits if they'd stop f*cking...   LOL

Found out the culprit was old neighbor's SiL.  Now he's pissed at me because I (politely & good-naturedly) asked for the SiL to not do my yard work.  So now I'm the 'bad guy'. Ermm
Maybe I'll turn into that "Get off my lawn!" guy, I'm getting up there in age...  LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 8:14pm
Speeding up the opening credits to fit MORE ads in. I have seen three incidents of this happening: The X Files, NCIS, and NCIS: Los Angeles. For crying out loud, stop it already! How would you feel if we sped up your craptacular commercials to fit MORE SHOW in? You cheap bastards! Not so fair now huh?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 5:53pm
I'm so pissed off right now...Some really old dude from the county assessors office just asked for a walk through!  WTF!  I answered a couple of his questions at the door, the neighbor has his blower going. He wants me to invite him in!  No!  I step outside.  He starts asking about the FEMA remediation!  OK!  I'm done! You go talk to city hall about that...A real sore spot for us!  I told him to have good day, shook his hand and said this interview is over.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 5:39am
So you didn't let him crawl under the house?  Yeah, just as well.  Last thing you need is more vermin trapped under the floors & making noise while you're trying to sleep...  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 125>
  Share Topic