Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:22pm
We lost our internet connection for quite awhile the other day. I should be able to get on the web with my phone. I'm far from sharp as far as new tech type sh*t goes.

I was not able to get online.  I asked/told the little woman to call Sprint! It's in her name.

A-  How much to buy out our contract? I know we make payments for her iPhone.
B-  Why couldn't I get online with my phone?
C-  They slipped in some sort of service contract if her phone takes a crap.

I know we can save money if we switch to Consumer Cellular.
Sprint charges us $110 a freaking month.

She can be stubborn, she is not really for the idea of selling this house either.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

We lost our internet connection for quite awhile the other day. I should be able to get on the web with my phone. I'm far from sharp as far as new tech type sh*t goes.

I was not able to get online.  I asked/told the little woman to call Sprint! It's in her name.

A-  How much to buy out our contract? I know we make payments for her iPhone.
B-  Why couldn't I get online with my phone?
C-  They slipped in some sort of service contract if her phone takes a crap.

I know we can save money if we switch to Consumer Cellular.
Sprint charges us $110 a freaking month.

She can be stubborn, she is not really for the idea of selling this house either.

OUCH!!!!

That's a sh*tload of money just to have a phone with internet access.

I hope that at least includes service for another phone...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:56pm
Service for two phones. That's the first time I ever tried to get online.

This is my internet domain.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:04pm
I guess it would be worth it if you're out of the house a lot and talk on the phone a lot to a few different people who you absolutely have to stay in touch with and do internet related stuff with, like downloading and sending pictures and videos, etc.

Otherwise, a couple of regular old cheap-ass phones would do it for about half that price. Maybe even less.

But... if the wife wants it...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:20pm
The greedy hands of Allstate.

They sent out a copy of the homeowners insurance renewal. On one page there was a sales pitch for identity theft insurance. STFU!

They also informed us that if we have wind or hail damage to the roof (23 years old) they will only cover 30% of the replacement cost. WTF?  Angry  I hate them!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:31pm

They sent out a copy of the homeowners insurance renewal. On one page there was a sales pitch for identity theft insurance. STFU!

They also informed us that if we have wind or hail damage to the roof (23 years old) they will only cover 30% of the replacement cost. WTF?  Angry  I hate them!

The bastards summarily dropped me back in 2005 after I'd been with them for six years, never sent a payment late or filed a claim.

After the 2004 hurricane season when we got hit with four hurricanes in one month, they dropped thousands of policyholders across the state with homes built before the 1970's.

Then, they had the gall to send me junk mail trying get my car insurance business!!!

So, I took one of the application forms they sent, and instead of filling it out, I wrote a REALLY nasty note on it, telling them where they could shove it and why, then re-addressed the return postage paid envelope that came with it, marked to the attention of the main vice president of sales and marketing, and mailed it back to them.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:34pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:35pm
^Thumbs Up

Good for you!  I think you might understand my hatred for insurance companies after all. Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 4:38pm
You bet I do!!!

So do most people, too.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

LOLLOL

I'm sure I'll have more to gripe about when the auto policy arrives.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:08pm

LOLLOL

I'm sure I'll have more to gripe about when the auto policy arrives.

The date on that cartoon looks to be 2006. Right around the time Allstate announced they were dropping thousands of customers.

I think it was in response to that.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:14pm
I remember guys from the CF bitching about the same thing in Florida.

No matter what you do or where you live, you're fked!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:48pm

Wink
With all due respect...I believe you may not understand the value of either...
1.) Allstate has long had Theft Insurance and it is REALLY GOOD - we used it about 30 years ago when our FloriLand Estate got broken into and HEAVILY robbed by full-blooded Floridiots - which was like getting robbed by a gang all inflicted with severe Down's Syndrome who only took and damaged what absolutely sucked, didn't matter, or was in the trash. We got cash in a hurry and a hell of a lot more of it than we expected.
2.) Storms and Tree damage have usually paid low and had lots of supplemental, costly add-ons for these 'Act Of God' events
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:52pm
Identity theft.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:17pm
EmbarrassedHow silly of me! How about can I convince you I DID register for 'Selective Service' because I certainly aced 'Selective Reading'Wink

As far as Identity Theft goes - compare to LifeLock, but have SOMETHING covering tail there - take it from one who had his identity stolen and, 16 years later now MOST of the way recovered
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:58pm
Allstate's Identity Theft insurance is only $30 a year, which tells me it's not worth much.  I just have no desire to give them any more money than I have to.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 5:16pm
It might be time to shop for new insurance, again.

Allstate looks to make homeowners pay more for roof repairs

(Crain's) — Allstate Corp. is rolling out a new approach to homeowners insurance that will no longer cover the full cost of replacing damaged roofs if they're older than 10 years.

The new product, so far only available in Oklahoma, is dubbed House & Home. It's the next key step in restoring profitability to home insurance, CEO Thomas Wilson told analysts in a conference call Thursday. The Northbrook-based company plans to gradually apply it nationwide over the next three years.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wink
With all due respect...I believe you may not understand the value of either...
1.) Allstate has long had Theft Insurance and it is REALLY GOOD - we used it about 30 years ago when our FloriLand Estate got broken into and HEAVILY robbed by full-blooded Floridiots - which was like getting robbed by a gang all inflicted with severe Down's Syndrome who only took and damaged what absolutely sucked, didn't matter, or was in the trash. We got cash in a hurry and a hell of a lot more of it than we expected.
2.) Storms and Tree damage have usually paid low and had lots of supplemental, costly add-ons for these 'Act Of God' events
Gee thanks, PaW.

I think I have a pretty clear understanding of my situation.  Do you?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 8:27pm

(Crain's) — Allstate Corp. is rolling out a new approach to homeowners insurance that will no longer cover the full cost of replacing damaged roofs if they're older than 10 years.

The new product, so far only available in Oklahoma, is dubbed House & Home. It's the next key step in restoring profitability to home insurance, CEO Thomas Wilson told analysts in a conference call Thursday. The Northbrook-based company plans to gradually apply it nationwide over the next three years.

Try your local Farm Bureau Insurance company.

I'm guessing maybe it would be called Wisconsin Farm Bureau (?).

My mom's old insurance company was about to raise the beJesus out of her rates, so I shopped around for her a little bit.

Called the local Florida Farm Bureau office and got a quote for several hundred dollars cheaper. Had the agent call her.

She's been with them ever since.

Not sure if it's the same company as (we are) Farmers (bum ba dum dum dum dum dum!!)

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 11:19pm
The few times I've had to file claims (auto and homeowner's) with my insurance companies, they've done well by me.  Of course I hate paying the premiums, though.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm

My mom's old insurance company was about to raise the beJesus out of her rates, so I shopped around for her a little bit.

Called the local Florida Farm Bureau office and got a quote for several hundred dollars cheaper. Had the agent call her.

Not sure if it's the same company as (we are) Farmers (bum ba dum dum dum dum dum!!)
Thanks, Jimbo.

The current policy expires 9-13, that gives me plenty of time to decide what or if I do something different.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 5:31pm

Thanks, Jimbo.

The current policy expires 9-13, that gives me plenty of time to decide what or if I do something different.

Farm Bureau agents in your area...

Farm Bureau - Find a local agent (link)

...worth making a call or two.

Never know.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:47pm
Just got this in my email from my car insurance company:

The membership program is available to Plymouth Rock Assurance auto policyholders for an extra $14 per year. Along with Prudential Center and New Jersey Devils benefits, you'll also get extra insurance coverage features including:
  • Additional Rental Coverage
  • Additional Loss of Earnings Coverage
  • Mobile Device Replacement
  • Laptop Replacement
  • Personal Property Coverage
  • Child Car Seat Replacement
  • Pet Injury Coverage
  • Seat Belt/Airbag Benefits
  • Enhanced Bail Bond Coverage
  • Waiver of Deductible for Glass Repairs
  • Waiver of Collision Deductible

Enhanced bail bond coverage???  

I'm in!!!  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:51pm
What, no Waiver of waver waiver?

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:31am
  • Pet Injury Coverage
  • You should get that.  Then file an inflated claim (after you've scraped up some semi-identifiable roadkill, placed it under your car tire, and screamed "Oh Mittens!" in front of some convenient witnesses.)  Easy money!  Big smile LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 125>
      Share Topic