Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 4:23am
My washer decided to misbehave the other day, and overflowed for at least a half hour before I caught it.  Worked fine for the 2nd load I ran through it (will keep an eye on it in the future) but now have some soggy boxes in the garage to sort through.  Thinking it's a glitch in the timer...
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 7:25pm
For the second time, while trying to post on this forum, my computer locked up!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 7:16pm
Who would hire some punk kid to drive a school bus? Angry

Chattanooga school bus crash: Speeding driver swerved off road, affidavit says.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 6:56pm
What pisses me off? Allstate!!
Another e-mail, on Thanksgiving? I know my freaking agent isn't in her office today.
This is bullsh*t. The last message was to urge me to sign up for DriveWise, Allstate's version of SnapShot.

You plug this device into the service port of your car and it records info about your driving habits.
F*ck that! Angry

Now! Less than an hour ago...

Kevin, I want to help you save as much as you can on your auto insurance, so this is a reminder for you to enroll in ePolicy. I recommend you do it before your policy renewal date so you can keep your eSmart discount.
It's easy!
They are really getting on my nerves.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Who would hire some punk kid to drive a school bus? Angry

Chattanooga school bus crash: Speeding driver swerved off road, affidavit says.

Now they're saying he'd been reported and had complaints filed against him about his driving before. Supposedly, one of the complaints was for purposely slamming on the brakes just to make the kids pitch forward and hit the back of the seat in front of them.

On top of that, he wasn't even supposed to be on the road he was driving on because it wasn't even part of his route.

Must be some kind of mental case.

Either way, you know the wrongful death lawsuits are going to start coming fast and furious. The local taxpayers are really going to take it in the shorts over this one.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 8:30pm
Bus Driver Asked Kids 'Are Y'all Ready to Die?' Before Crash, Says Mother of Victim

When I was a kid, I had a bus driver named Rudy.
He was an old farmer. He was a cool guy, he gave me cookies I assume he had leftover from his lunch.
There was a big bump on one of the roads heading to the school, he hit it pretty hard knowing we would all get a little airborne. LOL  We loved it!
He saw me and my family at a Pizza Joint, he came over and said hello. He was a good guy.

Sorry, I can't get rid of the bold print. Embarrassed
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 8:52pm
I hope they sentence him to life in prison... hanging upside down by his ankles.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:54pm
Worked yesterday (Thanksgiving) from 3pm till midnight.  I was handing out the large-ticket items (mostly TVs) outside the lawn and garden area.  Got 3.5 hours of sleep after that, and went back to work for my Friday shift.

Some people are idiots.  If you're gonna be buying a 60-inch TV, make sure it's gonna fit in your car!  So many people show up in some little sedan or with kids in the back seat or with a trunkload of stuff...and expect magic to happen.  One guy had to leave his wife there guarding their new TV, and drive a 40-minute ride back home in order to get a bigger vehicle.  One woman had to go back in and buy rope so she could fasten it in her trunk.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 1:15am
Back in my youth I worked a lot of retail. At JC Penney, my main job was checking employee purchases in and out as well as helping customers load large purchases in their cars.

This was in 1979 - 80 so TV's were nowhere near as small and light as they are today. I remember once this guy bought this big, heavy TV set in the box and was taking it home in a VW Beetle.

We wedged it in the trunk... in front of the windshield with the lid as far up as it could possibly go and completely blocking his view, then tied it in as best we could, and off he went. Putt-putting away with his head sticking out the side window just so he could see where he was going.

I think he said he only had a mile or two to go. Don't know if he ever made it.

As for the rope, don't you guys have some spools of heavy twine to tie stuff down?

Even Lowe's provides that for their customers.

You should ran back to hardware and snagged a roll.

C'mon, man!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 1:16am
Got many of them: In no special order:
1. Cruelty to animals
2. Political Correctness Nazis
3. The my sh*t don't stink attitude of the West Coast, North East (especially NYC to Boston)
4. Having babies out of wedlock. For that matter having too many damn kids in the first place. Have you heard of birth control. I'm not asking one to keep their legs closed.
5. The entire hypocracy and BS of the holiday season. Brings out the worst in people. I have a stand alone thread.
6. Boy Bands
7. Broadway Musicals/showtunes
8. Hip Hop rap crap
9. Pop tart sh*t like Nikki Manage, Brittany, Ariana, and the other pop slut ho's.
10. The Kartrashians
11. Isis and other religious extremists
12. Hipsters and crunchy granola types. Usually from California, NYC, Boston and have invaded Austin, TX.
13. Denver, Co: Live free get high. This area seems to be school shooting central.
14. Lazy government workers (federal)
15. Participation trophies
16. Kid Centric culture. In many common areas we have to put up with Boomerang and cartoon network.
17. Fugly SUV's and ugly Prius's
I approve this message.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 4:27am
Quote One woman had to go back in and buy rope so she could fasten it in her trunk.

Some women would use their bras to do that...  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Back in my youth I worked a lot of retail. At JC Penney, my main job was checking employee purchases in and out as well as helping customers load large purchases in their cars.

This was in 1979 - 80 so TV's were nowhere near as small and light as they are today. I remember once this guy bought this big, heavy TV set in the box and was taking it home in a VW Beetle.

We wedged it in the trunk... in front of the windshield with the lid as far up as it could possibly go and completely blocking his view, then tied it in as best we could, and off he went. Putt-putting away with his head sticking out the side window just so he could see where he was going.

I think he said he only had a mile or two to go. Don't know if he ever made it.

As for the rope, don't you guys have some spools of heavy twine to tie stuff down?

Even Lowe's provides that for their customers.

You should ran back to hardware and snagged a roll.

Too much mayhem at the time to go searching for stuff.  We had a line of cars waiting to pick up their TVs.  Even on a good day, it's often hard to find the stuff we need (like shrinkwrap, packing tape, etc.).  And I've never seen twine or rope.

Plus, we just can't take product off the shelves like that. 

We're Walmart.  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 7:07pm
I'll try this again, there may be a new computer in my future.

I got another message via snail mail from Allstate.

Keep Your Discounts Rolling

Enrolling in EPolicy is easy. STFU!  They tried to get me to sign up for DriveWise, Allstate's version of SnapShot.

I sent my agent an e-mail, asking what the advantages are and how much we save by signing up.
Still no response, I'm getting pissed.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 8:09pm
I just got another high pressure sale pitch from Anna at Allstate...why can't you just leave me alone?

This time it's for Life Insurance.  STFU!! How do they think this is OK?  F*cking idiots!

The icehole fishermen are back, it was not even a week before the water turned into ice.

Whether they are on the shore or the water, this is a popular fishing spot, Leah can see them and does her job.  Arf, arf, arf! "I am a watchdog and you are invading my space."

Our channel is very still and freezes quickly...many dumbasses will lose their lives this winter.

Man dies after falling through ice on Lake Como

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 5:45am
^^ You need to get a polar bear.  Then you can let it loose to chase them off so you can go through the stuff they left behind...  LOL

I'm getting pissed at LED Christmas lights.  While trying to swap different colored bulbs around, ran across a different sized socket about every 40 lights.  What a pain.  However, the two "white" LED strings I put on a wire framed tree look good (even though I had to redo it after test lighting it, because, they were different shades.)  One string was bright white, the other more of a gold color.  Restrung it & now it looks like silver and gold.  (Only 250 lights, but much prettier than the 600 multicolor I put on it last year...)
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 4:58am
After several days of working on it, the LED "Merry Christmas" sign I made got it's first and only night of showing.  The LEDs are too intense, the letters are unreadable at a distance (blinding up close), and, it just sucks.  My "silver & gold" tree looks better all by itself anyway, so the sign is getting taken down.  I've built worse...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 6:58pm
The day started off like crap. Mama said she needed her black work pants for this morning, Confused I know she has 10 or 12 pair to choose from. I belong to her and I don't mind.

I felt like crap, there were still some hot coals so restarting the fire was easy. It's freaking COLD here!

I started a load of laundry, I got up at 12:30 AM.

Mama said she had a 'low tire' warning on her dash. I start the compressor, I have a small space heater directed at a water pipe in the garage and I had 4 fluorescent fixtures on. Pow!
I'm in complete darkness, I tripped the breaker.  SH!T!!!

I find my way back into the house and switch the breaker, that's not all!
All of Mama's tires were low, cold weather.

It's a 30 gallon compressor so I had enough air pressure. I get around to the left rear tire...the freaking valve stem starts leaking after I put air in the tire. It could be ice or other crud, I should drain my compressor.
 So now I'm pissed, F*CK!  Is she going to have to drive my truck to work (with a 10 year old battery) on the coldest day of the year?

I have a valve stem tool, I loosened the valve and tried to make it seat. I didn't hear any air leaking.
I think she needs ball joints in the front end too, there is no way to lubricate them and the front tires are about shot. Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:37pm
We are both annoyed with our Credit Union. First of all, they put a 10 day hold on the check from Mama's retirement account.  Not a big deal really, we did drop her Edge off yesterday for some work that may be $500 or so. I didn't really want to put it on the credit card.

Then! I go to look at our account information online and the account has been locked down. Angry

They say there have been too many unsuccessful login attempts. Confused
Cranedy Pouth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranedy Pouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:41pm
Places still playing Christmas music! Christmas is over! And so Christmas music should no longer be played either!
Using nuclear weapons on problem people is not the answer, you psychopath!

Also, Keith Richards is a damn cockroach outliving everybody! LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Cranedy Pouth Cranedy Pouth wrote:

Places still playing Christmas music! Christmas is over! And so Christmas music should no longer be played either!

Kill the Christmas commercials,too.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 8:01pm
I have known about the rear wheel bearings in the Edge for quite some time.
I finally gave them the OK to replace them. $400+

2 tires costs $400?  F*ck me! i'M SURE IT WILL BE 4 DIGITS BEFORE ALL IS SAID AND DONE.

^ Fat finger fail! Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 7:01pm
We dropped the Edge off early Tuesday morning, they said they were busy this week but would try to get it in. They did and thank you.

They were very close to the quote I posted above. $921.34  Ouch

I was a little disappointed that they did not find bad tie rods, or any other problem with the front end.
They showed me camber and castor measurements that were within the spec limits.

In just a few minutes, Mama is off to her mom's place to meet with the rest of the family and open presents. Her living room is so tiny...7 people will be enough because I am staying home.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 8:18pm
Does anybody else worry about money?

I just wrote some big fat checks for the first installment of property tax payments and the wife's Discover card. About $3500. My credit card bill is about 2 grand too.

We want to pay those off, they are hurting our credit score.

She retires on the 11th of next month, she expects another lump payment and thats good because Allstate will hit our account in mid-march for another 6 months of auto insurance. 

We will be fine, we should sell this house. But as long as Leah is alive, we really can't do it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 8:02pm
ConfusedTime for a 'road trip'...go to The Den for a few days.
Why?
Just woke up changing channels in my sleep, dropped the remote on the newly-installed wood floor, which scared the sh*t out of me and caused me to fall out of my computer chair.
Dammitnow!
What REALLY pisses me off is I have no idea what I was watching in my sleep and what channel I wanted to get to, so now I'm digging into my 'sleep memories' and just not having any luck.Angry
I dunno WHAT I want to watch - maybe I should just go back to sleep.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 6:24pm
We have new health insurance and new (6 months ago) auto and home insurance.  WTF?

$158 here, $175 there. And I don't like this auto-pay sh*t. Can't you send me a paper bill?

Allstate was supposed to hit the account for about $240 for 6 months of coverage for both vehicles.
I chose autopay because it saves us some money, that and paying for 6 months at a time does too.

We pay an annual onetime payment for the home insurance. I'm about to call them!

I should wait till tomorrow morning when I'm not pissed about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 125>
  Share Topic