Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:13pm
It doesn't matter what cause they have behind their visit, there are other ways to reach me.

Calling my phone or knocking at the door won't work here.

Put it on TV or send it to me in the mail. That's the ONLY way to reach me.

My new insurance company is pissing me off again.
They don't understand!  We pay the bill on time and we never submit a claim.
That is the extent of our relationship!

I don't want these f*cking sales calls!

Protection for what matters most.
Kevin, I think you'll agree that nothing is more important than knowing your loved ones are protected. Term life insurance is an affordable way to help provide financial security for your family. More than 80 percent of Americans overestimate the cost, but I can show you how inexpensive coverage can be.¹
Let me help you determine how much coverage you may want for your family and your budget. It's easy to get started. Call (920) 230-7000 or email me today to learn more.

Anna Lautenbach
Your Allstate Agent

Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 4:32am
We need to modify the laws for phone calls from political organizations.
For years they've annoyed us with that "I approved this message" crap.
What's missing from that is OUR approval.
And also that they are exempt from "Do Not Call" lists.
I say -Bullsh*t-
Many telemarketers have an option that allows you to remove yourself from future calls from them.  (e.g. "Press 2 to remove your number from our list")

I propose that political solicitation calls should have the same option available to the recipient.
Yes, we should have the option to place you on a Do Not Call Me (Again) list.  And enforce it with fines, if need be, for those who don't get the 'message'.

Because without that option, these campaign calls pretty much become a form of harassment after the second call. (I get 2 or 3 a day sometimes.)

It's time We, The People, stick it to these bastards...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:23pm
You hit the nail on the head, Mr.T.

I get calls from people who just ignore the DNCL...these people are the scum of the earth and probably are just scam operations in disguise.

Who is covered by the National Do Not Call Registry?

The National Do Not Call Registry applies to any plan, program, or campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls. This includes telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers in exchange for payment.

The National Do Not Call Registry does not limit calls by political organizations, charities, or telephone surveyors.

For more information, please see FTC INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS below.

Even if they have a legitimate, legal grounds to call. They should have to honor the person requests to not receive anymore calls from them.
It's freaking harassment!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 6:10pm
Well, I win the 'Dumbass Move' of the day award.

I usually watch a little TV before I go to sleep, I hang my glasses on the headboard.

This morning, I was making my side of the bed. I hit my glasses with one of the pillows.
I heard them hit the floor. It's dark and I think they went behind the headboard.

I take a couple of steps trying to finish making the bed and feel something under my right foot.
F*CK!!  I bent the crap out of them.  I've been trying to bend them back into shape, I'm afraid I will break them.

Do I need them? Only if I want to drive, read, watch TV and just about anything else.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 8:49pm
DisapproveAll the 'Do Not Call Registry'-chatter...
Believe I wrote all kinds of positive blather about them, some years back. Maybe I tried to get all CIH members to sign up. I know I have been registered since its inception.
Pretty worthless for anyone dealing with collectors or politicians, or police solicitors who know they are not committing a crime because they are the police. or the worst - people hell-bent on defrauding the senior community. Then, of course, there are the religious beggars and out-of-country criminals using out-of-country robo-dialers. All of those miscreants have the FCC and FBI/IC3 folks overwhelmed and basically matched up, wit-wise, which pretty much leaves the DNCR looking like an overused doormat at a sh*t factory. Trust me - the FBI and IC3 have two messages - one public, one private, when it comes to solicitation and fraud via the telephone:
Public: "Keep those complaints coming! Your tips are leading to the arrests you hear about in the news!"
Private: "Our investigators are overwhelmed, out-gunned, and under-skilled...wish people would go through the hassle of just changing and un-listing their phone numbers..."

Personally. I imagine I have filed at least a hundred complaints, to date, probably more. Don't know if anyone even got as much as a tongue lashing, but I do feel better.

When I get a clearly foreign criminal on a call, it bring out the inner-evil-wolf in me and I enjoy turning the tide and usually have them screaming, crying, and yelling after convincing them they are little more than retarded/inbred sandn*&&ers who may be my long-lost drunken business trip children by their whore mothers. And they need not worry - I'll never love them.

When I get the clearly religious ones, they are easy to twist as once you tell them the biblical story of how the Baby Jesus slashed the false profiteers, pouring heavily salted lemon juice into their open wounds.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:44pm
Here we are again, in the 'Open Enrollment' period of ObamaCare.
 The one thing about our soon to be former president that pisses me off.

Walker cut the benefits for many county/state employees years ago.
Now, we look at outragious charges for insurance just because we are in a certain income bracket.

Insurance SUCKS!! AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 10:03pm
What pisses you off?

Well, lemme tell ya there, littler feller...

How about the occasional/fly-by-night 'I'm too good for you/I'm a manager at a large corporation and I got my own computer, thus I'll bless you with a music question answered (and run away as *I* have NO time for you low-lives)'-stuffed blue-shirt type member?

Mind you, *I'm* not saying the above resembles the anyone we know.

Wink
LOL
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:36pm
^OK, big fella. You have a great night too!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^OK, big fella. You have a great night too!
WinkThat comment was in Joiseyeze...Big smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 7:34pm
I should probably be banned or scolded for my feelings about these damned commercials.

Why do these 'little' divas get to interupt my day. I'm sorry! But these little bitches disgust me.

I did a little research...There is about 500,000 little people in the US.

I'm glad network television has found a way to help these 'freak show' women make a living!

Angry

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 12:53am
^An old friend of mine used to refer to them as 'spinners'.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I thought spinners were legless amputees.  I guess either works.  In neither case will you get your face whipped by their high heels.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I thought spinners were legless amputees.  I guess either works.  In neither case will you get your face whipped by their high heels.

I thought they were these guys...

And I would imagine you could very well get your face whipped with their high heels, but it would be high heeled boots and probably while you were getting your ass kicked for getting fresh with one of them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 2:40pm
No - Thor got it right the first time, but the heels come off first.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 6:38pm
This is a first for me on the forum. I saw a commercial for this thing called the Bike Nook.

A storage system for people who keep their bike in the house or want to use less space in the garage.

I can't find a freaking thing about the commercial or the product online! Confused

Not that I even need one. Our mountain bikes are hanging by their front wheels in the garage.
I used to air up the tires and use mine to get to the boat launch when I was here by myself.

Mama, has not used hers in 10 years.  We used to go to one of the many parks and ride through them.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:16pm
I rarely buy clothes, but when I do---at least have it in my f*ckin' size!!

I wanted a cheap zip-up sweatshirt for work.  Plenty of cheap zip-up sweatshirts at Walmart---but not one in size L.  The racks are packed, but everything is in S, 2XL and 3XL.  Hell, I'd even have gotten the lime green one if they had it in my size.  Christ, it's not like I wear some weird size.  Large.  F*cking large, fer Chrissakes.  The most common size on the planet.

Also, I've wanted these Dickies carpenter pants in this copper color that I like.  The 32s are a tad tight, and the 34s are huge.  Do they make 'em in size 33??  Nooooooooo.

Pisses me off.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:40pm
^LOL

I am officially obese...I need a 34 waist. My inseam is only 30 so Thor and I are about the same height.
I'm still only about 180, tumors weigh less than muscle. Tongue
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 6:00pm
I was just typing up a post and...the site said I need to sign in?

This has been happening sometimes overnight. The board looks normal until I look at the protected areas.  Not a big deal, I guess, but c'mon. Right in the middle of my post?
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 3:44am

My dear brother is pissed at me because I didn't respond to personal opinions in an email he sent, sent a second angrier toned one about not responding to it (in a way he wanted), and finally a snitty third one that I could have been more polite in the response I did send (about not responding because it was nonsense.)  I refuse to get angry & be drawn into drama games.  Yeah, I can be blunt...  Big smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 4:11am
I thought brothers always got along.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I thought brothers always got along.
Wink
I wish I wish I wish I had a fish for an ol'mule...I'd throw it at himLOL

You taught school now and then, eh? Where's your Greek Mythology?!!!
Acrisius and Proteus - those silly lil'goofballs? Remember them? HATED each other, they did - and they were twins.

Heck, I have a brother. We learned to get along because it just wasn't fun arguing with each other.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 8:27pm
My Tv service has been out for over a half an hour!  WTF!!

I already hate these f*ckers. I called the number, they acknowledged the problem.

Soooo, fix it you f*cking idiots!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 8:37pm
I am so f**king pissed off!

I just switched over to antenna TV. F*ck you a new asshole Sharter Rectum.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 8:42pm
GB 22   Ten 41  6 minutes remaining.  We suck!

What pisses me off?  The pussified state of the NFL.

After the last TD by the Titans, the receiver layed down behind the endzone.
 Bam! 15 yard penalty on the kickoff!!  Taunting! LOL  They, the Titans, don't give a sh*t!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 9:32pm
Why is the Prez interupting my afternoon viewing pleasure?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 125>
  Share Topic