Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 6:52pm
^ People in small cars park stupid too!
I had this nitemare last night that the new insurance company would hit the checking account too soon.
I asked her more than once if the first payment would be on our credit card.
To get a good price, it's a full payment for a year for the home insurance.
6 months in advance for both vehicles. About $600.
I have plenty of room on the credit card...if they hit my checking account today, the money would not be there.  I hope they keep in mind that the policy does not even srart until 9-13.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^ People in small cars park stupid too!

Tell me about it!!!

I just got back from voting in the state & local primary elections, after which I hit the grocery store. I came out and some idiot in a smallish car had parked so crooked, she took up 1½ spaces.

I was one space over and some other idiot decided to squeeze his/her POS in between the other idiot's car and mine, making it almost impossible for me to get in my car.

I found a scrap piece of paper and wrote a nasty note which I stuck under the wiper then hocked a big glob of spit on the driver's side window.

Some months ago i did the same thing to some idiot at Walmart for the same reason.

I'm sick of these brainless a-holes.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 6:55pm
I tried to mow the lawn, the transmission worked great! The damned ball joint kept coming loose on the steering.
I used a bungee cord to attach it to the lower control arm. Then, the engine started missing out.

WTF? Is this one of those days when everything I touch turns into sh*t?

The gas cap was keeping fuel from flowing freely, I just removed the fuel lines to check the filter and rate of flow.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:12pm
I have another page open here, it friggin locked up. I'm going to have to start over. Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 6:11pm
The new insurance policies went into effect today and they are already pissing me off!

I got an e-mail earlier today...

Allstate: Action needed to complete Drivewise enrollment.

Drivewise is Allstate's version of Snapshot from Progressive.

I'm going to look up exactly what the parameters are but they can see where you drive, how fast you drive.
Much like that Hum device from Verizon.

F*ck them!  They already know more about us, our home and our vehicles than I feel comfortable with.

I'm in the shower and I hear Leah raising hell..."WTF is going on out there?"
An Allstate inpector is here taking pictures and measurements.

These people remind me of State Farm, my wife's insurance company for many years.
An annual call to set up a meeting. "Let's review your coverage and assets"
These people make me sick...just a step above car salesmen, with a lot more at stake.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm in the shower and I hear Leah raising hell..."WTF is going on out there?"
An Allstate inspector is here taking pictures and measurements.

Possibly an Equifax inspector.

They are verifying the info about your house, it's condition, the surrounding neighborhood, etc. submitted by the agent for the underwriter. Hard to believe I know, but left unchecked, some insurance agents will occasionally submit false info to underwriters in order to get a policy approved and get their commission.

I used to do that same job myself.

My first job out o college.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:50pm
^ Yep, they had to verify the info I gave them online.

I was completely honest, they heard my angry bitch dog barking at them!

I'll try not to like you less for working for a f*cking insurance company. Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Possibly an Equifax inspector.

They are verifying the info about your house, it's condition, the surrounding neighborhood, etc. submitted by the agent for the underwriter. Hard to believe I know, but left unchecked, some insurance agents will occasionally submit false info to underwriters in order to get a policy approved and get their commission.

I used to do that same job myself.

My first job out o college.

WinkThen you are keenly aware of why there are never any skid marks around a lawyer who was a 'hit & run' victim, being in such close proximity, work-wise...but again, ol'mule - it begs the question: did you have any friends when you were young and did you play nicely and share well?WinkLOL

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:14pm
Well, I didn't actually work for an insurance company.

I worked for Equifax, which is technically a credit reporting agency. One of the 'Big Three' which includes Equifax, Experion and Trans Union. 

I was mainly a background investigator, but we also did insurance underwriter verification reports as well.

Had the camera, measuring wheel, etc, etc.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well, I didn't actually work for an insurance company.

I worked for Equifax....

ShockedWhat year and where? Don't say ''...why, in Tampa, off of Eisenhower, of course...", please...because once upon a life far away and long ago, that would have made you one of my customersDead
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:29pm
No, it was in Orlando off of Hanging Moss Rd.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 7:03pm
I hope I didn't already agree to participate in this bullsurance!

What is a telematics device, and what does it measure?

A telematics device is generally a system that you install in your car that records information about your driving habits, such as the number of miles you drive, your speed, and how quickly you brake. These systems sometimes analyze the time of day when you drive, as well. If you use a telematics device from your insurer, you agree to allow the device to send this information to your insurance company. In some cases, if the data show you practice safe driving, you may become eligible for car insurance discounts. (If, however, the device shows that your driving habits are not as safe, typically, you are not penalized with higher premiums.)

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 4:36am
Drive backwards.  It'll mess the f**k up out of those things...  Big smile LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 8:17pm
^LOL
The dog gave me another good scare. I needed to go out to get some stuff.

It's not uncommon for her (Leah) to lay down behind the loveseat.

I was concerned because she was not coming out from behind the couch.

I was not going to leave until I knew she was OK.

She had her right front paw stuck in her choker chain.  Crazy old bitch! I feel responsible when stuff like this happens. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:12pm
I found a fun new way to torment these idiots that keep calling me.

Example: "Hi, I'm Heather with Credit Card Services. There is no problem with your account at this time but if you would like to lower your interest rates? Consider this your final notice. Push"...blah blah blah.

"final notice" I could only wish! You freaking idiots! Angry

I tell the guy...
"I want to talk to Heather!"  (Period of silence) LOL
"What have you done with her?"
"She called me!  And I love her!"
"I will speak to no one but Heather!"

He was pretty baffled..."Heather not here".
I laughed at him and hung up.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:04pm
I wake up to this a couple of days ago.  Confused  Angry

Norton has reset your home page after finding a threat.
Norton found and removed a threat that maliciously changed your browser's home page. Because we cannot determine what your home page was before the threat changed it, we have sent you to this web page.
We recommend that you set Norton Safe Search as your home page. However, you can set a different home page if you desire.

I saw some news about Yahoo members being hacked.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 8:01pm
Here I am, minding my own business just trying to find something good on TV.
My phone rings....the caller ID says 000-000-0000. Oh! This is gonna be good! LOL

Another dipsh*t is calling from Microsoft, how anyone could fall for this scam is beyond me.

It doesn't take long till I am insulting his mother, in the worst way he could imagine. LOL

It's getting so I kinda get a kick out of their calls.  Idiots!!

I'm stuck on the Esquire network...they are playing a Bond, James Bond 007 marathon.
The worst part of this is that every single commercial break, the fat Mountain Dew KickStart douchebag is doing his funky dance. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 9:33pm
The end of watermelon season.  It hasn't happened yet, but it will soon.  The watermelons this year have been great.  I buy them in quarters so I can get the best.  It's more expensive, but it's worth it. 

Anyway, I've become hooked and am pissed that this can't last all year.  Can't science do something?  Monsanto, please!  I don't care what---just do it!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:51am
Freezing watermelon doesn't work too well (tried doing that to a few pieces.)  When it thaws, it turns to a soggy limp lump.  blech! Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 10:52am
^  Yeah, no way.  Blending it into a juice is difficult, too, as you then have to strain all the froth out.  Besides, watermelon juice is nowhere near as good as the watermelon itself.

I've found there's really no good technique for picking out a decent watermelon, so now I buy the ones cut into quarters at the supermarket.  That way I can see what I'm getting.  If the fruit is cracked (or split apart), it's gonna be great.  An unripe or flavorless watermelon is an albatross in the fridge.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 5:09am
I did thump-testing this year (buying light, medium, and deep thumps.)  The deeper thumping ones seemed the most ripe, but it's still a crap shoot as far as finding good ones.  Can't grow my own anymore (or even squash & cukes) because the vine borers are here to stay (once hatched, they'll trash a plant in a day.)  I'd starve if I had to be a farmer...  LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:50am
^  I used to do that.  I also checked the color of the stem (darker means better, supposedly) and the bee scratches on the yellowish underside, but like you said, it was still a crapshoot.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 1:08pm
Just take one of these melon corers with you to the grocery store...

Cut test plugs out of a few until you find a good one!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 7:39pm
I was having a pretty nice and normal afternoon...'ding dong' goes the doorbell.

Some people really have a lot of nerve, this dipsh*t from 'We Are Wisconsin' is at the door.

I crack the door open about 6 inches..."What do you want?" I asked the bald headed stranger.

He had some assorted pamphlets and a tablet in his hands.

I reach down and touch the No Soliciting sign I have on my door. "You didn't see this? This goes for political house calls too"!  I close the door and this douche is still talking..."But sir, how do I enter this on my tablet?"

I yell at him through the door, "get out of here!"  The dog is doing her part as always.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 7:50pm

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 125>
  Share Topic