Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 8:07pm
It used to be (in Texas) if they crossed your property without permission, you could shoot them, 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 8:39pm
We have to comply with FEMA guidelines.
Some f*ck head, years ago. Messed up and now WE have to pay.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 10:28pm
Not too far from The Den is the infamous 'Love Canal' neighborhood - the reason the EPA even exists. You worry about FEMA?LOL This is one of the most dangerous areas on the planet and, well...state and local government are getting ready to re-zone the area and develop it!
This area still glows in the dark, is warmer than any surrounding areas, and leaves one not feeling any better after having visited it.
Ya just know Lois Gibbs little boy (along with many others) is turning over in his grave...
Love Canal - Ground Zero - For Sale! 
Except for the fenced-in area (the main trench), it seems that the almighty greenback wins over public safety. Don't forget to thank Hillary Clinton.

Direct Link To This Post<<<---clicky for the original 2009 thread...rest of this post moved there.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:11pm
We have had some nice cool mornings in the 50s.
It's warming up outside today.
The big TV, here in the living room, makes so much heat that I have switched over to my little TV that sits on the printer here at my desk.
It's still over 78° inside.

The guy said that the 'wrap', for the steel support posts, had a pretty strong smell.
He was right, my 'great wall' kept the fumes out of the house.
 Only when I turned the A/C on did we start smelling it, Mama is not too happy.

Edit: I'm trying to be sly and hide this in a previous post.
My story of the boat saga...2016.

I decided to let someone else fix the boat, I had too much stuff in the garage for it to fit in there.

Early May, they were kinda backed up and said it will take about a week and a half...

Let me backtrack once, the dealer I bought it from, new. Said they don't work on Volvo Penta stern drives anymore. Great! Can you recommend someone? They did.

3 weeks go by and I call them, what is up with my boat?
They apologise for my paperwork getting lost in the shuffle, they say they can have it ready the following week. Fine. Here's the good part, the part where I f*ck up and give them part of the blame.

I put the boat in the water, it's running great, I notice the bilge pump is running (this is when I should have looked for the problem, while it is still on the trailer)

I back it off the trailer, tie it up and park the truck and trailer.
I'm ready to drive it to the home dock, why is that freaking pump still running.
I look in the engine bay.

OH SH*T!! Where is all that water coming from?

I am in panic mode now, 'any port in a storm' I beach the SOB on the boat ramp and make a frantic call for help. WTF?  "The drain plug was in the hole when I left the boat with you!"

I suggested taping it (the drain plug) to the steering wheel or the throttle lever.
I agreed that I made a mistake but the service manager split the cost of repairs with me.

They may have just let everything dry out, the starter was under water.
The engine oil was not contaminated, nor was the hydraulics for the steering and trim.
I took a little chunk of fiberglass out of the bow when I hit the ramp.

It's nice, Mama has been irritable and 'edgy', to have the boat back home again.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 6:39pm
Just to top off my last post, FEMA was kind enough to send us the generic 'Buy Flood Insurance' now message.  F*ck off, we don't have a mortgage and we are not required to buy your overpriced and 'less than good reputation for paying claims' insurance.  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:03pm
Why are my neighbors, their kids and grandkids so obsessed with LOUD fireworks? Angry
 I had to close the windows at about 9:30.

And to make the interuption of my sleep even worse, ABC is having its big game show night.

The Pyramid with Strahan, Robin Roberts was a contestant.

Then, Alec Baldwin and the new Match Game. Rosie O'donnell was won of the 'stars'. Angry

These shows ooze stupidity.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:44pm
The goddamned Walgreens 'pretty woman' commercials is on. She is not that pretty! Get away from me!

I can't remember what I was pissed about!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 8:57pm
OK, I remember now.
Mama has direct deposit for her check, it has ALWAYS been there by a certain time on Wednesdays every 2 weeks.

I keep a close watch on our finances and we still have a few hundred bucks in the checking account,
but I sent checks out on Tuesday, we will be fine. She called payroll and they said it was a computer error.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:49am
Had to buy some new gas cans after roaches/beetles in the shed chewed holes in the bottoms of my spares.  These new cans have "safety features" which totally blow goat balls.  You have to press in a safety bar, then push that against the opening of whatever you are filling to allow the gas to drain out.  The plastic spout doesn't look like it will hold up to repeated use.  Eff that.  Fortunately I can use the pour spouts from the old cans in their place.  The new cans also don't have any vent caps, so I'll have to figure out some way to install some on the new cans.  Sadly, there was only this one brand of can wherever I looked, but I found them cheapest at Wally-mart. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 8:56am
Now, that's what pisses me off---those "safe" gas cans.  So annoying.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 6:39pm
I bought one of those stupid 'safe' gas cans too, not realizing it had the nozzle valve.
POS thing, it wasn't long till I just cut the valve part off with a hack saw.
It's a lot cheaper to by gas for the boat up at the street gas station.

The city was kind enough Angry to pay each of us $1000 for the loss of clean, dry storage space.
That check came today, I already set aside the money for the second payment on the property taxes due at the end of July. $1700 and some change.

The workers have not been here since that first day, last week.
They are working on the places that require more work than ours.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 6:52pm
Craigslist scammerscussing.gif

We were on there looking for a place to move to. We found one nearby that looked promising...but the fucking asshole made off with our money and now we are officially homeless. We're looking to check into a welfare motel approx. 65 miles (104.65 km) north of here, but that will soon drain our money and then we'll be truly SOL. cry.gif

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 6:55pm
Sh*t!

Be careful out there, Angry Sub. That sucks and I hope there is a way to get your money back.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:36pm
Wow, Angry.  I hope things get better soon.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 10:09pm
Never trust anyone on Craigslist.

Thought everybody knew that.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 1:11am
How elaborate was this scam, Angry?  Did you go see an apartment and meet a landlord?  Did you write a check?  Or was this all done in cyberspace?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 3:54am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

How elaborate was this scam, Angry?  Did you go see an apartment and meet a landlord?  Did you write a check?  Or was this all done in cyberspace?

The way I've heard these scams work is that someone will find an empty house that was foreclosed on or for whatever reason is just sitting empty, then advertise it for rent, claiming it's theirs or that they're the agent.

They have the door keys and all the forms and rental contracts, etc.

Get your signature, take your first, last and deposit then leave you stuck with nothing when the real owners inform you that you're trespassing.

Happens around here fairly often.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 8:55am
Yeah, I've heard of that happening.  That's what I meant by "elaborate".  Some people just need to be shot, especially when their victim doesn't have much money. 

Same with car thieves.  It's not just the loss of a car; it's the loss of transportation and potentially the loss of a job, home, etc.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 6:59pm
'Judge Judy' and 'The People's Court' are 2 of my favorite weekday shows.

Judy? Yeah, she's a bitch, but when people do stupid things and claim no responsibility?
They should be embarrassed in front of 10 million people.

I love The People's Court, she is hot, smart, and she gets pissed off too.

But they are trashing out the show when they go to the TMZ bus in LA.
Screw you, Harvey Levin!

Fox Sports 1, has started showing the TMZ Sports program.
Very much like the short lived show called 'Dish Nation'.
A bunch of young f*cking idiots who will never get me as an audience. 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I found the place on Craigslist and emailed the poster.
He replied surprisingly promptly, and then started a texting communications blitz with my mother.

He then emailed a rental application, which we promptly completed & returned.

After that, he wanted us to wire over $1,000.00 via Western Union. After some additional texting, my mother and the scambag agreed upon $500.00 so that he would furnish the gate code (the house is located in a gated community) and overenight the house keys and some docs. He then had his "lawyer" text mom, and the lawyer told her that the entire $1,000.000 would be necessary before he would release the gate code to us so that we could drive by and see the property from the outside.

To make a long story short, we learned from the gate attendant that the house was already occupied and the homeowner had a different name than the one he had furnished us by telephone. We did some research online and found that the property is owned (via trustee) by another person. We called him, and BOY WAS HE PISSED!! 

Needless to say, that verified the scam and we're out the money. Thumbs Down

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 10:36pm

The fact that he wanted money via Western Union would've stopped me.  Bank-to-bank transfers, or even debit/credit card transactions give you more protection.

I wonder if there's a video of the guy taking the cash.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 12:44am
Losers doing fireworks on July 3rd. Losers doing fireworks on July 5th. Losers doing fireworks on July 09th! What the hell? :X
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 7:14pm
A&E   The Arts and Entertainment network?

Showing Duck Dynasty all day long!
I'm sorry to any people out there that like the show, but you must be easily entertained.
Their promos are enough to make me want to puke, Phil is a f*cking idiot!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 4:40am
Searched through the CD bins at a thrift store, found an 80's compilation with some of the songs I was looking for, opened it up, no disc... Disapprove
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 6:22pm
Things have gone pretty well, so far, with the Mr. & Mrs. aka ron remediation work.
Until this morning, Jim said on Wednesday that the plumber would be here at about 8:00 on Friday morning. At about 9:30 some other dude, a carpenter, rang the bell. Poor old dog can't hear.

I knew of this work, they needed to form an area under the center support beam so I, or any contractor, can get to pipes and other things that could need attention. Fine, they may still want to work on the plumbing today. I don't like surprises! I am cooperating completely but they don't seem to have a handle on things today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 125>
  Share Topic