Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Firestone vengeful wife commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firestone vengeful wife commercial
    Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 10:40pm
It hasn't shown up on YouTube yet (Firestone AutoCare's channel doesn't have it, anyway), but it features a vengeful wife running over her husband/boyfriend/male domestic partner's stereo (computer?) after the dog trash the house b/c he was tuned out listening to his headphones. All the while the voiceover guy is talking about the tires' puncture resistance.

Not amused.

As a guy this hits a nerve. (As a human being, it hits a nerve to see someone of one's own sex/race/et cetera being victimized by someone outside that group.) Domestic violence is domestic violence, regardless of the mix of partners involved.

Actually, it's insulting to women, too: depicting them as vindictive bitches.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 3:01am

Whoa.  That would mean war.  

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 3:16am
Next scene: he's in the backyard squirting lighter fluid over a pile of her favorite shoes & flicking a lighter....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 3:21am

...then says "Oooops!  My bad!"

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 12:10pm
Geez lady, it's just a mess that can be cleaned up!  And his face at the end when she kisses him on the cheek and hands him the keys....totally pussywhipped.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 12:20pm
I hate Firestone!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 10:26pm
Wow.Angry Probably not the best way to sell tires to men.
isissxn View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isissxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 11:05pm
Femi-nazis rejoice.
Oh NO, not the paradigms.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 2:47am
I'm confused...was she fantasizing about doing that, or did she really do it? I only ask because the husband suddenly jumps off the couch to greet her.

If she was only fantasizing, then I can almost forgive it...if the latter, she is a crazy see you next Tuesday and he needs to either run.

Either way, it's sickening that Firestone really thinks something like this is cute.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 2:53am
They should've put a disclaimer on the screen that read: "Game console was a non-working representation. No actual video game systems were harmed in the making if this ad."

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 2:59am

Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

I'm confused...was she fantasizing about doing that, or did she really do it? I only ask because the husband suddenly jumps off the couch to greet her.

She really did it.  My take is that she took his cable box (or whatever it was) out to the street without waking him up, and that she then honked the horn so he'd come out and see her destroy it.

He shoulda slashed her tires.

And then her throat.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 10:15pm
^^ And go to jail for that bitch? I'd rather take my chances in divorce court.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 12:40am

^  True.  But I'm pretty sure he could at least have her arrested for vandalism.  And then get a restraining order.  Make her life hell, dammit!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

She really did it.  My take is that she took his cable box (or whatever it was) out to the street without waking him up, and that she then honked the horn so he'd come out and see her destroy it.

He shoulda slashed her tires.

And then her throat.

I thought it was a video game system.

If it was a cable box, he probably coulda just called the cable company & gotten another one.

C'mon, man!
Jerkstore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerkstore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 12:55am
I have seen this commercial recently as well. How is this considered effective advertising??? After watching this commercial with my girlfriend, I turned to her and said something along the lines of "if that was you, I'd tell you YOU BETTER KEEP ON DRIVING BITCH!!" The audacity! She marches right back inside and kisses him on the cheek!? What kind of man is that to just take that?! She just destroyed your Playstation man!! Have some f**king dignity!! 
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:14pm
It was a "Z" box, meant to represent an XBox, I'm guessing. If it was the new one... that's 500 smackers laying out there in the street in 100 pieces.

So yeah, sorry I played video games and took a nap instead of cleaning up around the house, but you... dumb ass bitch... just destroyed $500. I could have paid a maid $100 to tidy the place up and still be $400 ahead of your "plan". How do you feel about that moment of menstrual brilliance now?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

It was a "Z" box, meant to represent an XBox, I'm guessing. If it was the new one... that's 500 smackers laying out there in the street in 100 pieces.

So yeah, sorry I played video games and took a nap instead of cleaning up around the house, but you... dumb ass bitch... just destroyed $500. I could have paid a maid $100 to tidy the place up and still be $400 ahead of your "plan". How do you feel about that moment of menstrual brilliance now?

"menstrual brilliance"

I still say the next time she didn't cook his meal satisfactorily enough or give him satisfactory sex, he shoulda gathered up her shoe collection in a pile, doused them with lighter fluid then set them on fire.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 7:22pm

^  I'd say to cut her hair off while she's sleeping.  But then I looked again at dopey 'do, and decided that that might be an improvement.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 7:29pm
Take away the bitches credit cards.
I'll bet, Firestone has to pull this one for encourageing domestic violence/property damage.
f**k Bridgestone/Firestone!!
And the godamned horn makes my dog bark.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 2:03am
He's gotta drink a six-pack and unleash all over her shoe collection...until he's ruined the equivalent of his game console.

And do it secretly. That way he gets a smug satisfaction out of knowing her feet is in his pee. LOL
The poster formerly known as producer757
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 2:12am

You guys keep saying he should destroy her shoes.  But you're not taking into account that that would just give her a reason to go shoe-shopping.  That's like suspending a high school kid for playing hooky.  Not much of a punishment.  

I still say go with the hair.  Most women don't like a buzzcut.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 4:11am

Forget the hair and shoes.  Just remove all of the toilet seats in the house....  Big smile

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 9:57am
No to the shoes, because Thor. No to the toilet seats, because I sit on those too. The hair.. maybe, but she's probably the type to call it an assault and call the cops.

I think I'd go outside while she's asleep and cut her tires with a piece of heat shield (or any part sturdy and sharp enough) from the inside of my destroyed console.  (because let's face it, Firestone... you can cut just about any tire with something pointy enough.) Then it'd look like she did it to herself and I'd get to use the menstrual brilliance line again, only I'd add something like "yeah, that good idea just keeps on flowin', dunnit?" in my best sarcastic voice.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You guys keep saying he should destroy her shoes.  But you're not taking into account that that would just give her a reason to go shoe-shopping.  That's like suspending a high school kid for playing hooky. Not much of a punishment.

I still say go with the hair.  Most women don't like a buzzcut.

Well, by that token, he could go out & buy a brand new & better game system.

The point here is getting the satisfaction of revenge by responding in-kind via the insult of destroying something the other person loved.

With women, shoes are personal. They love their shoes. Their shoes represent different things to them. One pair may have been purchased for a friend's or relative's wedding. Another pair may have been purchased to wear on a particular vacation or for some special occasion. Maybe another pair was a great, once in a lifetime deal on an expensive hard to find designer brand name that cannot be replaced.

Women don't want to just go buy new shoes to replace old ones the way guys replace worn out tools, etc. Women feel about their shoes & clothes the way guys feel about their record collections or baseball gloves or even their own old sneakers & blue jeans that they wore in college, etc.

Hair will grow back. Tires mean nothing to them. The one thing they are the most emotionally attatched to & cherish is their shoe collection.

Actually, what he should do, is kidnap her shoes & hold them for ransom. Clip off a tiny piece of a strap, or take a buckle off & mail it to her in a letter. Tell her that unless a brand new game system, equal to or better than the one she ran over, appears in the living room, paid for out of her own money, he will start cutting off larger & larger pieces of them & she will begin receiving them in the mail every week until she agrees to his demands.

If she refuses, she will get a video of them being burned in a pile..... ALIVE!!!!!

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 6:56pm
You could Super Glue all her shoes to the floor. While he's at it, Super Glue the toilet lid in the up position, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic