Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HepcHope (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HepcHope (video)
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by A Millennial A Millennial wrote:

All these commercials for diseases are annoying, they always show sick beautiful people in beautiful places, acting athletic. 

WinkHey, welcome aboard, AM! Stay awhile, make friends - we always welcome new and fresh ideas and opinions.
Yea - ya got a point there. Probably would be more realistic and have greater impact if they just showed some overcrowded, unstaffed hospital with dirty, dingy hallways full of really sick people on gurneys. Nice, grey-white flickering florescent lighting, lots of groaning and mixed stenches with the 'over-60/mixed-diseases-near-death club' crowd. Yea - HepC gonna kill 'em all, I tell ya, so toss them in with those rotting with incurable STDs, the others in the final stages of Alzheimers, and what the hell - toss in a few Ebola Babes, too! Now THAT would be one hell of a commercial, doncha think? Or maybe my ol'buddy would let allow the foundation to use one of his rather famous tunes...maybe change a few stanzas to fit a tear-jerking HepC commercial, ya think? Don't ask JP to rework 'Sam Stone', which could also be done - to this day, I know of no song that drag some of us to tears and ready to empty or wallets in an effort to save the world quicker, eh? Yea - HepC athletes? Yea, that's right - about as realistic as 'Magic Johnson', our long-term poster boy for Aids (anyone think we've been duped there, too?).
Call it 'HepCNoHope - yer gonna f**kin' die and that's all there is'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 8:49pm
All these commercials for diseases are annoying, they always show sick beautiful people in beautiful places, acting athletic. 

I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 2:45am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Hep C is supposed to have a cure now. I'll have to do a little digging and find a link. I do remember seeing something about it recently. 

Yes there is a "cure" with up to 90% success. One pill per day for 80 days. The pills are only $1,000 each (not covered by any insurance). I'm not that sick.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 2:40am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^Well...same ol' thing. Choose that time of month wrong, share a needle...sorry to hear ya got HepC Sarge - are you on the road to recovery?

The medical studies did find successful transmission by mutual bleeding venereal warts. They probably considered menstruation meets bleeding warts but were unable to clinically test. Good call. I used to have 2 or 3 shivering/nausea attacks per year but nothing with the exception of chronic fatigue for about 6 years. It's been known to go into remission but never completely go away. I can still walk a couple miles or do 30 minutes on my NordicTrack if the weather is bad so at our age I'm not complaining.   
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 3:14pm
^Well...same ol' thing. Choose that time of month wrong, share a needle...sorry to hear ya got HepC Sarge - are you on the road to recovery?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 2:58pm

ShockedConfusedDammitnow! At first I caught glimpses of this commercial without sound. Thought it was a promotion for a resort named 'FORGET'. Yea - that place nobody wants to go to. Then I caught the 'Hep C'-thing and figured it was a dating site for ex-junkies, ex-hookers, and their customer base that became sick with Hepatitus C and are at least 50 years old and, after a lifetime of 'lookin' for love in al the wrong places', now had a 'home' as long as they had a computer. 

Then I saw it was for HOPE...maybe a good thing for those unlucky enough to have acquired a bad thing that can hide for a lifetime - a disease nobody thinks about. Having said that, I didn't feel like thinking about it. either. 

Hepatitis C is not a STD. It is only transmitted by blood to blood contact. I was "issued" mine in Army basic training (1978) due to complete misuse of needleless injected vaccines. Line up 200 soldiers. March them through 3 injection stations for left arm followed by 3 stations for right arm. Blood everywhere and nozzles not cleaned or changed per manufacturer's directions. What could possibly go wrong? Of course VA is going the agent orange route. No claims paid until a sufficient number of victims die off.
LuckyStrike1932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyStrike1932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 12:23am
There's another hep c related ad where they say something like, "I'm tired of wondering if I should get treatment for my hep c...." Nah, man. Just let that sh*t go. It's totes not a big deal. It'll work itself out Disapprove
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:43pm
Hep C is supposed to have a cure now. I'll have to do a little digging and find a link. I do remember seeing something about it recently. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 11:36pm
Unhappy...this commercial is making a huge comeback - wonder if HepC has spread more than what was thought? These days, I know whenever I hear the background music, I shivver a bit like one might while unwilingly listening to funeral music. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 2:47pm

Like I said - they all seem to be at te place nobody wants to go to.

They should've put them in conga lines.  Conga lines represent happiness, hepatitis C or not.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 2:46pm
Confused...actually, one thing that does bother me is that, for whatever reason it seems as if the swimmer is fighting through an oil slick... 
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 2:43pm
They look like they could all use good blowjobs! LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 1:49am
Like I said - they all seem to be at te place nobody wants to go to.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 1:25am

Are these people supposed to represent hope?  If so, they did a bad job.  They all look like they're on the verge of suicide.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 1:04am

ShockedConfusedDammitnow! At first I caught glimpses of this commercial without sound. Thought it was a promotion for a resort named 'FORGET'. Yea - that place nobody wants to go to. Then I caught the 'Hep C'-thing and figured it was a dating site for ex-junkies, ex-hookers, and their customer base that became sick with Hepatitus C and are at least 50 years old and, after a lifetime of 'lookin' for love in al the wrong places', now had a 'home' as long as they had a computer. 

Then I saw it was for HOPE...maybe a good thing for those unlucky enough to have acquired a bad thing that can hide for a lifetime - a disease nobody thinks about. Having said that, I didn't feel like thinking about it. either. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic