Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Have you been a dad today?"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Have you been a dad today?"
    Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 5:32am
So this lady is inside and she hears some chanting. She looks out the window and we see this dad doing a cheerleading routine with his young daughter.

It's freakin' hilarious.

I don't really remember how the chant went, something about "All those boys are just too much!"

LOLLOLLOL
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Sponsored Links

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 5:41pm

I think that one is SOO cute! Thumbs%20Up

And I love how Dad is totally into the cheer--you can tell he's not just "going through the motions" because he'd rather be watching the game on TV.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 5:57am
 My all time favorite!
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 10:34pm

It is cute....! 

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:08am
I kind of miss Kat.
She was a good contributor to CIH.
was feeling nostalgic
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:39am
uh...

IDK maybe it's me, maybe it's the singing but I can't stand this one yeah I think it's the singing, the singing just irks me for some reason, it's the way it's sung GAGH!!!!!

specifically the dad singing....it gets repetitive and old VERY FAST. Like a lot of Ad council commercials.Dead

*ducks flying projectiles* LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 12:51am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

I kind of miss Kat.
She was a good contributor to CIH.

It's not like she's dead, she's just got school and stuff.  (I assume.)

She'll come back.

Let's be like the old folks that get all excited when the granddaughter comes for a visit.  I'll be knitting, by the window.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
snooze View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 6:59am
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 1:14pm
HA!!

I hadn't seen the commercial until Snooze posted it.

That's good.

(BTW I look nothing like that crochet lady.  She seems nice.  Someday...)
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 10:56pm
I love that one. It's definitely better than the ones they had on the radio when I was a kid where the dad abandoned the kid, and she was screaming, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"
This is your brain on commercials.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2009 at 11:25pm
I like the one where the dads playing with a kid with a Super Soaker, that one doesn't bother me. 
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 5:50am
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

My absolute favorite!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:23am
There is another one with what I believe to be the same 'Dad & Daughter', except it also has one of Dad's friends, or possibly another family member, also.
I've seen it but once.
They pop themselves into her room while she is sitting at a table with popcorn and a little girl's tea set.
"Popcorn! Gimme some of that popcorn!' (or something very similar, from one of the men - in a manner which somewhat put me off)
She turns to them and makes a 'halt' sign with her hands, "Tea Party!"
The next scene tore me up.
Everyone is sitting at the table, decked like a bunch of old bitties, yapping, using 'pinkie' manners with their teacups and popcorn making her day.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
SuperGoatMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoatMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

There is another one with what I believe to be the same 'Dad & Daughter', except it also has one of Dad's friends, or possibly another family member, also.
I've seen it but once.
They pop themselves into her room while she is sitting at a table with popcorn and a little girl's tea set.
"Popcorn! Gimme some of that popcorn!' (or something very similar, from one of the men - in a manner which somewhat put me off)
Everyone is sitting at the table, decked like a bunch of old bitties, yapping, using 'pinkie' manners with their teacups and popcorn making her day.

LOL I liked that one.
As for the cheerleading one, the dad seems to be having more fun than the girl. Tongue
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by keyboardplayer keyboardplayer wrote:

I love that one. It's definitely better than the ones they had on the radio when I was a kid where the dad abandoned the kid, and she was screaming, "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Ugh, I hated that one, too! Brought back such bad memories... Not that my dad left us, but for about a year or two (when I was 5 or 6) he had to go on a lot of business trips that involved him leaving for 10 days, and then coming home for 1 day, and then leaving again (but such is the life of an econ geologist). He used to get so angry when I would cry about him leaving, but later I realized that he wasn't really angry with me... he didn't really want to go and leave us either.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 2:34am
The Ad council has a LOT of stinkers.
and even some comically stupid. Adam Corolla used to go off on Ad Council PSAs that aired on the breaks of his show.
He couldn't abide the obscure and pointless ones.
Like one about Turbulence.

Like we need to be warned and educated on airplane turbulence.

Some of their other ones always were a bit over the top or just badly done.

But these dad ones are great.

I remember the cheerleader one a while back but I watched again and got choked up because my baby is now almost 5 months old and she is becoming "human" now and not just a little lump like  newborns are (an adorable lump that I loved dearly but a lump no less). So now she reaches and smiles and laughs at me so it means more to be a daddy to a little girl.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 5:06am
 The cheerleading one is perfection....it is riotous and sweet. I've been chanting "Oh those boys are much too much " for a year now.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2009 at 9:49pm
This ones growing on me a bit more, I saw it yesterday at Best Buy they were playing WFSB Eyewitness News Now (this commercial plays a lot on that digital channel) on a small widescreen TV in a little corner away from the rest of the store. Near the front left corner facing toward the parking lot.

The little kid is cute with the pom poms,and dad is hilarious, let see If I can remember the tune:

All Those Boys are much too much
Those Boys are much too much
We've got the spirit
We're hot
We can't be stopped
We've got the spirit
We're hot
We can't be stopped
We're gonna beat em
and bust em
beat and bust em.
(something something something)

How'd I do? LOL

I just realized something, the dad isn't is sync with the little girl! He made up a few movesLOL

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 12:15am
A++++++++    Again!Clap
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 5:55am
Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

I recall an earlier one with a white dad and his daughter made a few years ago too don't think I've seen this one though.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
EdReed View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdReed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 11:58pm
I think this commercial is really funny/cute.
"My Wife, I Think I'll Keep Her." The only commercial so bad Someone wrote a song about it.
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 10:30pm
Agreed... It's a nice change from every other commercial, where dad wants nothing more than to watch "The big game™".
pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 11:42pm
Why is it that in all these generic "father and child" situations you see on TV (and pretty much everywhere else in popular culture, to tell you the truth), the child is more often than not a girl? Why don't they ever show commercials like this with dads and their little boys?

I have only 1 child, a 2-yr old son who I love dearly, and I kind of feel slighted by the constant barrage of "daddy/daughter" stereotypes.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing...
That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.
Craftychiq View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craftychiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 6:30pm

I've seen it but once.

I think that's an Orville Redenbocker (sp?) commercial. This PSA is adorable though and the little girl is really cute. I expect to see her in the movies or modeling in the future:)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Craftychiq Craftychiq wrote:

I've seen it but once.

I think that's an Orville Redenbocker (sp?) commercial. This PSA is adorable though and the little girl is really cute. I expect to see her in the movies or modeling in the future:)
Nope. It's a PSA.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic