Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 63>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 11:36pm
They came walking in, and for a second, I thought Derringer was a chick. He's pretty small. As I recall, he still looked kinda glitter rock.

Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Wow.

Forgot all about that song.

What was that.... mid 80's?

EDIT: Just checked Wikipedia. It was released in 1980. 

Kind of a one hit wonder.

I was reading about him.

He had several hits. He was part of that group who did "Play That Funky Music White Boy".

He also was the frontman of the Jaggerz, who did the 1970 hit "The Rapper".
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 6:00pm
I don't like to dominate the forum!  Somebody please post up!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 7:43am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:09pm
Great song, aka ron.

One of my old DooBro faves.

And kinda reflective of the way I've been feeling lately... Stern Smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 2:16pm

Great song, aka ron.

One of my old DooBro faves.

And kinda reflective of the way I've been feeling lately... Stern Smile

You too?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 3:06pm

You too?

Yeah.

Probably not as specifically related to one person as I'm guessing it is with you, though.

Or at least not as recently, anyway.

My ghosts are from a long time ago.

But my weekends are spent going to a couple of local parks, walking and and hanging out people watching. Mainly just to get outside and out of the house, which can begin to feel like a depressing dungeon after awhile.

Another park another Sunday.

A lot of it is just boredom. Sleepy Stern Smile 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 4:20pm

You too?

Yeah.

Probably not as specifically related to one person as I'm guessing it is with you, though.

But my weekends are spent going to a couple of local parks, walking and and hanging out people watching. Mainly just to get outside and out of the house, which can begin to feel like a depressing dungeon after awhile.

I've been to quite a few parks since last summer. Can't go right now due to how cold it is.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 10:31pm

You too?

Yeah.

The ex let me know about the stimulus money.  She was colder than usual.  I don't need that kind of emotional stress. We only email to communicate. Today, I told her I will not bother her again.  I said something about her having a new man then told her I don't want to know. She was quick to say "no man here".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 10:38pm

The ex let me know about the stimulus money.  She was colder than usual.  I don't need that kind of emotional stress. We only email to communicate. Today, I told her I will not bother her again.  I said something about her having a new man then told her I don't want to know. She was quick to say "no man here".

It's tough trying to talk to a woman you used to be in a loving relationship with and have her act cold towards you.

Reminds me of this John Prine sng....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:19pm
^ You know I love John Prine!

I'm getting some food at Arby's and this service van, it had an Arby's logo, almost backed into me!  Jesus Christ! I hit the horn and pushed on the gas. I scared me so much I was shaking.

Where is Thor?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:06pm

God, I hate parking lots. It's always a crapshoot backing out of a spot. Nothing makes me happier than pulling into a spot, and the car in the spot facing me is backing out such that I can drive forward and park in their spot.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:16pm
Sounds like someone got into a fender bender leaving work today..... Ouch

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:43pm
Not me. I was just responding to aka's post.

But about a year and a half ago, some guy in an SUV, backed into my car as he was leaving his spot at a supermarket. It popped my rear bumper cover out of joint. After that, I occasionally had to jam it back into place.

The guy was like 75, really nice, offered me money. I said "naaah". I planned on getting it fixed at some point. Didn't happen.   

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 5:05pm
Why did I come here?  Oh, I remember.  I was feeling lucky today!  I got pulled over today for speeding.

I don't usually go through Winneconne, I needed the Post Office.  I cussed out the local post office so I don't go there anymore. He was nice, I said I had a lot of problems. He saw my crutches and just gave me a warning.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 6:25pm
Sounds like you need to keep those crutches in your truck even if you get to the point that you don't need them anymore. 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 11:11am
If you are polite and honest it goes a long way. He asked me about my cruise control, it's doesn't work.

He asked, from the passenger side, did I have any recent tickets?  I said yeah but it was a few years ago.

"4 years ago." he said.

I was a little worried that my license still showed my old address.  He said that was not a problem as long as my registration had the new address.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 3:41am
I was giving the ex a little crap about a week ago, nothing like I used to do.  Since my hospital stay, I don't say the nasty things I used to say.  It bugs me when she does not reply to my emails.  I sent her an email yesterday saying I didn't want my last words to her to be unpleasant.  I have told her I would not bother her anymore, one way or the other.  She did get back to me, I told her it feels good when she cares.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:17pm

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:24pm

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:36pm

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:40pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Look at all the people here right now!

Those were the good old days.  I think Sarge died!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:20pm
^ I found that while looking for Donna threads...

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:28pm

Those were the good old days. I think Sarge died!

Think so?

Insanity213 left kinda suddenly, too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 63>
  Share Topic