Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote I think he just doesn't love us anymore. Cry

I'm probably wrong, but, I suspect he got all homophobey with a troll here, and was asked to leave...
They were both banned around Halloween a couple of years ago for getting into it with a member named Cornflake.  I thought N went too far.  PaW apologized online to the FA, Jimbo was a little more pissed off and almost didn't come back at all.  I'm glad he is still with us.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote I think he just doesn't love us anymore. Cry

I'm probably wrong, but, I suspect he got all homophobey with a troll here, and was asked to leave...

His account is still active, so I can't really imagine that happening.

He probably would've just been banned outright if there was an issue.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:12pm
I've been on a cleaning frenzy!  Imagine several (heavy) pieces of furniture not being moved for 14 years.  With a big, hairy (shedding) dog here for 12 of those years.  Yeah!  The wife was never very good about cleaning things.  Ahem, except her mommy places.  GOOD CRACKER!

I got to meet Carter's (Carter is the only person I have dealt with through the process so far) dad, the brains between me and the sale of this house.  The old appraiser who spent way too much time looking around.  I'm taking a hit of about $100K!  Just give me the money and let me move on!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:25pm
My day didn't start off too good today. I drove over to the landfill to get rid of the mattress.  On their website they said there would be a number posted to call when you are on the scale. I looked everywhere but the right place. I didn't see the phone number. So I just left. Angry
They have rules about latex paint too. You can't dump it in a liquid form. You have to take lids off and/or pour it into shallow pans. Dry paint is okay.

AND THIS!!

They normally accept this kind of stuff two days a week. I understand they will not allow it till the end of the month.  I need to be out of here by the end of themonth.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

My day didn't start off too good today. I drove over to the landfill to get rid of the mattress.  On their website they said there would be a number posted to call when you are on the scale. I looked everywhere but the right place. I didn't see the phone number. So I just left. Angry
They have rules about latex paint too. You can't dump it in a liquid form. You have to take lids off and/or pour it into shallow pans. Dry paint is okay.

AND THIS!!

They normally accept this kind of stuff two days a week. I understand they will not allow it till the end of the month.  I need to be out of here by the end of themonth.

Can't you give it to one of your neighbors?

Seems like the kind of stuff someone could use.

Especially the lawn stuff.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:37pm
Not many lawn/garden chemicals. More lubricants, solvents.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 3:41pm

Not many lawn/garden chemicals. More lubricants, solvents.

Possibly to try to figure out who could use it and give it to them?

Local machine shop or auto mechanic, maybe?

Better than just throwing it away.

IMHO, that is.... Wink

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 4:26pm
I need the easiest, most environment friendly way to get rid of this stuff. I can't go around peddling open containers of oils and fluids. I can't do the leg work even if I thought someone might want it.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 6:28am
Bonfire?  Set it up in an abandoned home (or car trunk) and call it in as a meth lab?  Splash it on a giant canvas and sell it as 'artwork'?  Drop it off at the ex-wife's and say "This is your half!" ?

See? Plenty of options if you think outside the box... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:31pm
^ Don't put ideas in my head!

She was just here for what was probably the last time.  Picking up the stuff the movers wouldn't/couldn't take.

I was just looking on facebook for some material to post here.  Hah!  The guys that are buying this house!

CB Home Solutions LLC.
The title company called me yesterday, they need Mama to sign off on something.

The father and son team at CB were wanting me to look at one of their properties just up the river from here.  A Condo in what I thought was an old school house. Turns out the building was part of a milling operation.

251 E Main St Apt 101, Omro, WI 54963
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:35pm

It's only $80,000

I can buy a small, old house in decent shape for $50K

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:45pm
Nice building!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:45pm
Kinda cool-looking. But it looks to be one great big, open living space. That means, you have to keep everything clean at the same time. No throwing your crap into the bedroom for when people visit.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 4:56pm
Ultimate bachelor pad!  Thumbs Up
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 5:17pm
^ LOL

How about a 'handicapped' Almost assisted living second floor old man pad?  It's not easy to be me!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 8:16pm
That tower in front looks like a good place to shoot people from. I mean, if that's your thing.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 4:54pm
LOL
I'll bet there is bats in that belfry!  I don't like bats!  The mom-in-law had one in the house a few years ago.

Who does she call?

Bats in the belfry? No, bats in walnut orchards - Green Blog - ANR ...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 5:50pm
It would look cool as hell all fixed up for Halloween.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:14pm

Maybe hang a mannequin in there. It might look cool silhouetted against a rising moon.

But I'm not talking Halloween; I'm thinking all year long.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 7:31pm
I was thinking skeletons.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 5:09pm
Damn!  I'm having to scan for channels again.  May be the indoor antenna confused the TV set. Confused Angry

I had to go back to 'voices' that I posted in this thread before to entertain me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:01pm
Things are looking a little better here at the aka half ranch and saloon.  I have Dish Network!

The installer was great!  And my phone experience with AT&T, THEY SUCK!

I felt kind of warm in here earlier.  People in and out, the stress of the 7 things I have going on right now?

The temp at the thermostat was 70 degrees just outside the bedroom door.  It's probably about 75 here where I am sitting. I'd say the AC is doing a hell of a job.  90 degrees, feels like 96.  Now! Let's see if I can find Judge Judy!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 10:09pm
I am the master of my domain!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:58pm
Anyone want to guess how much blinds will be for 6 windows?  I wanted vertical blinds in the living room. He talked me into these cellular blinds. About the same price as vertical blinds.

I told him I just want something cheap for the other 4 windows in two rooms.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:12pm

Anyone want to guess how much blinds will be for 6 windows?  I wanted vertical blinds in the living room. He talked me into these cellular blinds. About the same price as vertical blinds.

I told him I just want something cheap for the other 4 windows in two rooms.

Expensive, I'm sure.

Lowe's and Home Depot both sell pre-made mini blinds that are pretty cheap and match common window sizes.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 63>
  Share Topic