Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:00pm
It's downright DEAD in here today....

Maybe it'll pick up later.

Hint hint.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:03pm
I probably could have saved some money if I just ordered this stuff online.
Well, sometimes you have to spend some money to save some money...Right? Confused

This is what we bought along with 200 tubes and some tobacco.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
Nice one!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm
This is that one I bought at a yard sale long ago....

Never used it.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:52pm
They didn't have a very good selection and were way overpriced at the place we went.
I have already learned that they make a tube cut tobacco, NOT what he sold me.

The stuff we got seems to smoke OK.  The machine should pay for itself in 5 days.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:59pm
Cool!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:19pm
I found another way to save a little money or it found me. The dishwasher just stopped getting things clean.

The spray arms are wore out and have lost pressure. The dishwasher heats water and has a heated drying cycle. I imagine it cost quite a bit just to use it.

I'm hand washing again and I expect to see a difference in the utility bill too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I found another way to save a little money or it found me. The dishwasher just stopped getting things clean.

The spray arms are wore out and have lost pressure. The dishwasher heats water and has a heated drying cycle. I imagine it cost quite a bit just to use it.

I'm hand washing again and I expect to see a difference in the utility bill too.

Depending on how often you used it, the savings could be enough to make the extra effort worthwhile.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:16pm
Confused
I had a hankering to post a video of someone's final breaths and realized after all of this time, I finally do have lines I will no longer cross...but sometimes it seems we're attempting to 'go there' 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused
I had a hankering to post a video of someone's final breaths and realized after all of this time, I finally do have lines I will no longer cross...but sometimes it seems we're attempting to 'go there' 

I saw a video of some young girl hanging herself not too long ago.  She says her final words, and then she just dangles there from a tree for a long time.  I recall someone calling her name from a distance---maybe her mother?  Apparently, she broadcast it on Facebook, and then it got uploaded to Youtube.  Very eerie video.  I don't think it's there anymore.

Also, a 12 year-old girl near here hung herself in June.  Cute kid.  Cheerleader sort.  Apparently, she'd been bullied at school or on social media or something.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:52pm
There are videos on Spewtube and they make one wonder about the true intentions of the individuals who posted them, but that is MY perspective. I sort of consider it a rather private event that can challenge one's belief structure, even if there is a 'silver lining'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:00pm

Mama done gone and left me all alone...the most devious thing I can do is hang around here and chat with you crazy people.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:24pm
You need to practice up on being devious, then!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:08pm
The sky's are pretty clear right now.

Maximum: Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 1:15 pm 0.84 Magnitude

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 6:21pm
Nothing going on. 

Nobody to talk to.

Nothing on the idiot box.

Don't feel like drinking any beer.

Can't stare at the sun.

Might as well take a crap and a nap.

And maybe die.

Just like this board seems to have done....

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Nothing going on. 

Nobody to talk to.

Nothing on the idiot box.

Don't feel like drinking any beer.

Can't stare at the sun.

Might as well take a crap and a nap.

And maybe die.

Just like this board seems to have done....

Confused

Gee thanks, PaW.  You're not my favorite person either but I would save you from this guy!! Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:22pm
I am here now if that makes anyone feel better.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:12pm
No...and some folk just take things a little too personal, sometimes - when I say TALK, I mean verbal communication...apologies now <rub.top.of.head/pat.on.back>Wink

I mean it is hot/humid/dead in The Swamp and things are biting...so I'm leaving for the GreatWhiteNorth immediately - now. Cooler temps, hang around a few of the pups, go kick some dirt somewhere special, and lead some inspirational sessions (sort of an 'idiots guide to how to have fun at work again and what to do if you're not')...and test out my brand new credit card (Yes I DID!) 18 years without was long enough and since my purpose is primarily business, I just had the urge do something productive and to record the financial cost of the same like I used to. Seems like a productive piece of my bran that has been unused for so long just lit back up a few weeks back.
Everybody has a 'White Album Achievement' somewhere in their life, and often, they almost have a second accomplishment equal to their greatest (these 'accomplishments' can be ANYTHING in life).
I think I'm feeling hints of greatness coming on once again. 

Confused"...could PaW be suffering from delusions of grandeur?", many are asking themselves...I guess *I* have to go see...Approve

~~~
WinkLOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:44pm
You know it's quiet in here when...PaW has a credit card!

Look out for a lot purchases like great food, rental cars and Molson Ice.

Latest Forum Posts

15 hours 29 minutes ago at 2:09am By tikibagger View Post
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:09pm
I had to call my buddy to see what kind of tobacco he buys.  Today's lesson on how to kill yourself on a budget. The guy sold me this stuff.

My friend buys this.

I just bought my third box of king size tubes, 200 tubes equal one carton of cigarettes.
Still working on the same 16 oz bag of tobacco.

Before...About two packs a day.
$16.75 X 30 days = $502.50 a month.

After initial investment...
Cigarette machine   $80.00
1 pound of tobacco $10.00
200 cigarette tubes  $2.00

I bought this stuff on the 15th.

Estimated cost per month...

Tobacco    $30.00
Tubes        $6.00
---------------------------
$502.50 - $36.00 = a savings of $466.50
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:28pm
The math tells me you've cut the number of cigarettes you smoke in half.

Izzat right?  If so, congrats!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:34pm
We are still smoking as much as before, it just cost a whole bunch less.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:43pm
Redo the math.  600 tubes/month is equal to 3 cartons or 30 packs.  That's one pack/day.  You said you smoke two.

Double that and it's still a huge savings.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:00pm
400 tubes in the 10 days since I bought the machine.

1 carton (200 tubes) in five days, 2 packs in one day.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:10pm
OK.  You said you're buying $6 worth of tubes/month.  That's 600 tubes or 30 packs worth, meaning 1 pack/day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 63>
  Share Topic