Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 63>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Hey, I remember Mal! Mal is the cat who DROPPED your big screen TV by climbing up it and then running off like a bat out of hell after he dropped it! :D ;) I am glad Mal is okay! :D

Good memory!  I'd forgotten about that.  But it wasn't even a big screen TV.  It was one of those big fat 19" screen ones that weighed about 40lbs.  Somehow, he launched off of it and pushed it to the floor.

Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I'm glad Mal checked out OK.  The thing with cats is when they live so long their kidneys seem to be the failing organ.  Cry  There is a supplement to aid in the health of their kidneys called Azodyl.  You should also start Mal on eating a kidney health support canned cat food.  You can research online.  Here's a website:

http://www.felinecrf.org/which_foods.htm

Caring for cats with CRF (chronic renal failure) and/or CKD (chronic kidney disease) with the right food, plenty of fresh water, and supplements can increase their lives and make them more comfortable.

Don't just ignore that this is the stage of life they are in and make their bodies work too hard to survive.  I wish you the best of luck and good health!

The vet said that, considering his lab results were OK, there's no need to make any changes.  He did suggest senior cat food, and maybe add a little water to it.  Of course, it's hard to control for that when you have 3 cats playing musical bowls.

I was glad that everything checked out pretty good.  He "might" have a stage 1 heart murmur (stage 6 being the worst).  Nothing to worry about, the doc said.  I just wish I could make him gain some weight.  He's down to 7 and a half pounds (2 and a half less than when he came to NJ two years ago).

OK, but make sure you keep an eye on his condition with at least yearly vet visits.  Usually the dry food is higher in calories.  Adding water to the canned food is a great idea.  Can you mix in some dry crunchy food into Mal's canned food to give him more calories?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

OK, but make sure you keep an eye on his condition with at least yearly vet visits.  Usually the dry food is higher in calories.  Adding water to the canned food is a great idea.  Can you mix in some dry crunchy food into Mal's canned food to give him more calories?

I always put a little water in my cats' canned food and often times add some dry food to bulk it up.

They love it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I've been getting into watching Matlock every morning.

Never watched it before, so it's like a brand new TV show for me.

Don't think I could get into In the Heat of the Night.

Cats love to get in your way, don't they?

LOL so true!

Talking about Matlock my late grandfather used to watch that show in the afternoon on TBS Superstation! He'd watch that and WFSB Channel 3 Eyewitness News At Noon and 5:00 pm also! He'd also listen to WTIC NewsTalk 1080!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

LOL so true!

Talking about Matlock my late grandfather used to watch that show in the afternoon on TBS Superstation! He'd watch that and WFSB Channel 3 Eyewitness News At Noon and 5:00 pm also! He'd also listen to WTIC NewsTalk 1080!

I was joking with another friend of mine a week or two ago about how watching Matlock is the official sign of being an old fart.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 4:58am
Quote That's wonderful of you to do that!  Happy of the good outcome.  Why is the neighbor not taking care of the kitty?  Confused

He supplies me cat food to keep them fed because he takes off for days at a time (main reason he didn't know.)  Got to hit him up for another bag soon....  Wink
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 5:37am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote That's wonderful of you to do that!  Happy of the good outcome.  Why is the neighbor not taking care of the kitty?  Confused

He supplies me cat food to keep them fed because he takes off for days at a time (main reason he didn't know.)  Got to hit him up for another bag soon....  Wink
So you're the friendly neighborhood cat sitter!  Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 10:37am
I had this Siamese cat Sneakers for years.  It was really my neighb's 12 y/o cat.  He had 5 cats and a dog.  But when he added another dog into the mix, Sneakers had had enough, and decided my house was better.  He began visiting daily (I had a cat door with 24 hour in/out access).  One morning, I came downstairs to find Sneakers asleep on the couch.  I knew that was it---that he was there to stay and that I had no say in the matter.  I had no problem with that, although Mal wasn't thrilled.  My neighb gave me PetSmart gift cards once or twice. 

Six years later, Sneakers died peacefully on that couch, with my neighb and I petting him goodbye.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:34pm
DrWolf's Perspective On Thor's Life As Of Late:
  • Thor clearly works for imperfect idiots
  • Thor's vet sounds like good people
  • Mal will find 'senior food' may smell like sh*t (to deter other eaters) but since the senses of taste & smell have been gone for so long the creamy brown texture kind of reminds one of meat that has gone through a baby food blender and the swirly appearance can remind one of a chocolate ice cream cone!
  • Pile Of Poo Emoji Icon
  • The depression Mal(lorry) has suffered since his baptism is finally taken it's toll - a whole life lived where your theme song has been 'A Boy Named Sue' (yea! How many of YOU 'Shirleys' are running around peeing in urinals?!  For Chrissakes, Thoir! Give that feline a middle name and let him live out his sunset days in peace and obscurity as 'Bob'! 
  • Sorry about Sneakers, but Mal finally gets his couch back.
  • Thor appears to be running low on cats.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:35pm
My Gateway computer tower is huffing and puffing. The Xfinity race was rained out last night in Kentucky.

It's on my Sling TV right now. I might have to give it a break because I am on here too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 5:14pm
ConfusedWhat is this?
I posted a few things a couple of days ago and went on leave...come back and scared more people away?

Looks like a hand full of trolls found our playground, too...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 5:18pm
You are a scary old dude, Pa.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 5:34pm
Jimbo forgot to lockup when he left last night. Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLdammitnow!
Gotta get him up and ready for the BINGO hall a lot earlier before he has to rush and slip like this!Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm

I left my entire ring of forum keys over in the SF.

After they banned me, I couldn't go back and get them.

I need to keep bothering the admin over there to drop them in the mail to me...

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLdammitnow!
Gotta get him up and ready for the BINGO hall a lot earlier before he has to rush and slip like this!Wink

Bingo!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:01pm
Jimbo, you know it's quiet in here when it's just you and me and Donna!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:21pm
Yep.

We're the loyal troopers fighting to keep the dream alive!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 5:52pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 6:36pm
Here I go again!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 6:51pm
ConfusedOnce upon a time, Nathan had a thread dedicated to the lady in the Escalade. I WOULD have posted the following there, but I didn't look hard enough for the thread.

Yesterday...1 P.M....107 outside with 270-air conditioning (2 windows down at 70 MPH on interstate) when biatch in gold Lincoln Aggravator pulls into Northbound traffic and decides to test her brakes for no reason whatsoever.
Her plates read "I QUOTE JC" - *I* should know, I missed her by inches, but I KNOW precisely what she was planning to quote:
"C'mon everybody! Party at *MY* place NOW!"

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 3:54pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 4:22pm
FIIIIISH!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 4:56pm
Silence is brown.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 6:51pm
What can brown do for you?

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

carbon footprint or lard ass butt-stamp? which is worse?
Hah! You changed it!
LOL
I'm guessing you don't pay the bills at the swamp estate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 63>
  Share Topic