Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:58pm
Hey Jimbo! I saw PaW online a little while ago.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:29am
DisapproveToo damned quiet and nothing to kill, so I'm leaving...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:33am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I thought I heard something rustling around in the bushes...
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Hey Jimbo! I saw PaW online a little while ago.

Yep.

Looks like he's prowling around the grounds again.

Just saw your post a minute ago.

Don't know what I was doing at 2:58 pm.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

WinkHey ol'Mule & aka...where's Thor? Did he get a promotion, a few more hours, a raise, and now is too good for us, or did he get busted for playing on CIH at work and is now on 'senior restriction for those with Alzheimer's'? If that's the case, someone's got to watch out for him so he knows when restriction is over. 

And Thor? If you're reading this, remember what yer Mammy always told ya - or, well, if it wasn't her, it HAD to be somebody's Mammy, doncha know...:

"You can go back outside and play now, Thory - but DON'T cross the street and remember! There will be no fudge until after church!"
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:16am

WinkHey ol'Mule & aka...where's Thor? Did he get a promotion, a few more hours, a raise, and now is too good for us, or did he get busted for playing on CIH at work and is now on 'senior restriction for those with Alzheimer's'? If that's the case, someone's got to watch out for him so he knows when restriction is over.

And Thor? If you're reading this, remember what yer Mammy always told ya - or, well, if it wasn't her, it HAD to be somebody's Mammy, doncha know...:

"You can go back outside and play now, Thory - but DON'T cross the street and remember! There will be no fudge until after church!"

I think the deal with Thor is that he can't afford to buy his own computer and his brother hardly ever let's him use his.

I think Thor has to sneak a few minutes of computer time here and there, whenever his brother leaves the house or goes to the bathroom etc, etc.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:29am

I think the deal with Thor is that he can't afford to buy his own computer and his brother hardly ever let's him use his.

I think Thor has to sneak a few minutes of computer time here and there, whenever his brother leaves the house or goes to the bathroom etc, etc.
DisapproveThat's so unfortunate. Sounds like he must be chained to the floor and become his brother's sex slave. We should take up a collection and buy him a broken computer - it will prolly brighten his day for five minutes...maybe longer if he finds the note we slip in and he realizes he CAN go to the pubLic library and spend time with his friends (it's o.k. if he thinks we are...).
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:36am

DisapproveThat's so unfortunate. Sounds like he must be chained to the floor and become his brother's sex slave. We should take up a collection and buy him a broken computer - it will prolly brighten his day for five minutes...maybe longer if he finds the note we slip in and he realizes he CAN go to the pubLic library and spend time with his friends (it's o.k. if he thinks we are...).

I don't think Thor is allowed out when he's not at work.

I think he's required to stay home and tend to his domestic duties...

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 9:10am
LOL at all of the above.

1.  I'm allowed out.  I'm usually just exhausted after work.  Yesterday was hell.  Warped speed due to the holiday.  Plus, inventory had the home office bombard us with merchandise so there was no room to work.  Worked 9 hours.  I generally come home, tend to the critters, tend to my plants, check my email, eat and zombie out to the tube.  Yesterday, I got home at 4:30, and went to bed 3 and 1/2 hours later.

2.  I have plenty of money for a computer.  Once I get my future office area cleared out, and get a desk, I'll get one.  No hurry.  I'm not on the computer as much as I used to be, anyway.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:17pm
I'm trying to get motivated. I mowed the lawn yesterday, I should probably do the trimming.

I went to the store this morning, I have to clean the gutters before the next storm comes through later today.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:21pm
I need to cut my front yard, but it's going to be God awful hot today.

Maybe if it doesn't rain this evening I'll do it, but it will most likely rain this evening.

I'll probably have to let it go until the weekend.

I hate summer.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm
In the early summer, it's the seed pods from the Cottonwood that clog the gutters.

Nasty, wet, sloppy, smelly stank! There are 2 areas that usually need attention. Outside our bedroom and over the front door. There is either concrete sidewalks, patios or driveway surrounding the other sides of the house so the water runs away from the foundation.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:31pm
Cottonwoods are pretty in park settings, especially where the city maintains them.Wink
~~~

Well, I know I got on a birthday kick about Neil R yesterday and felt the need to play that one old Clapton cut...and then the floor fell out from under me later in the day when I found out a cute, feisty old gal I've known for years had very suddenly passed away while cutting her grass, in the morning. Brain aneurysm. 
She was about 5'6" and 110 pounds - I always told her to drink more water, but you couldn't tell this woman anything.
She was funny as blazes, had a million and one of her own sayings. A recent one was recent from a card game one evening during the Trump sex scandals - one guy pinched her butt and she whipped around and very seriously said, "Don't Trump Me!".
Kind of gal that would chase a decent guy down the street and into a corner just too have her way with him, but I'll always know it was the aneurysm and not the 'gag order' that was her final straw. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:43pm

Well, I know I got on a birthday kick about Neil R yesterday and felt the need to play that one old Clapton cut...and then the floor fell out from under me later in the day when I found out a cute, feisty old gal I've known for years had very suddenly passed away while cutting her grass, yesterday. Brain aneurysm. 
She was about 5'6" and 110 pounds - I always told her to drink more water, but you couldn't tell this woman anything.
She was funny as blazes, had a million and one of her own sayings. A recent one was recent from a card game one evening during the Trump sex scandals - one guy pinched her butt and she whipped around and very seriously said, "Don't Trump Me!".
Kind of gal that would chase a decent guy down the street and into a corner just too have her way with him, but I'll always know it was the aneurysm and not the 'gag order' that was her final straw.

So, how old was she?

I had a German aunt on my mom's side who died of a brain aneurysm.

She was on vacation with a tour group somewhere in Europe. She and her assigned roommate had just arrived in their hotel room and were getting ready for a swim in the pool when my aunt just keeled over.

She was in her 80's and in great shape. She could walk farther than most 40 year olds. Small and wiry without an ounce of fat on her.

Shame.

I liked her a lot.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:44pm
A very young 59, and yes - quite fit. She was one of a kind, made no excuses, lived her own life.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:45pm
Sorry to hear, PaW. Mortality is something everyone over 50 should think about.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Sorry to hear, PaW. Mortality is something everyone over 50 should think about.

I think most of us can't help BUT think about it!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:49pm

A very young 59, and yes - quite fit. She was one of a kind, made no excuses, lived her own life.

Had that not happened to my aunt, she probably would've lived past 100.

Probably still be alive today, well into her 90's.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:52pm
WinkYuppers...we're in those 'funny days' where there seem to be more goings than comings...and sometimes one comes and one goes...anyone choked up about it? It's nature's way.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
Sorry about your friend, Pa.

Yeah, I think about my own demise.  I have no health issues (other than my fungal toenails) and I'm in good shape (thank you, Walmart, I guess), but I'm just waiting for something to happen.  Seems most of the people over 45-50, let alone over 60 who I know or work with have something or other that requires or has required medical attention---diabetes, heart problems, etc.

One of the assistant store managers is in med school studying to be a neurosurgeon.  So if I stroke out on the job (a distinct possibility some days), maybe he'll be able to do something for me.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Sorry about your friend, Pa.

Yeah, I think about my own demise.  I have no health issues (other than my fungal toenails) and I'm in good shape (thank you, Walmart, I guess), but I'm just waiting for something to happen.  Seems most of the people over 45-50, let alone over 60 who I know or work with have something or other that requires or has required medical attention---diabetes, heart problems, etc.

One of the assistant store managers is in med school studying to be a neurosurgeon.  So if I stroke out on the job (a distinct possibility some days), maybe he'll be able to do something for me.  LOL

Do you even know what your blood pressure and blood sugar are?

I finally went to a doctor a couple of weeks ago because my blood pressure was so high it scared me!!!

They put me on medication which seems to have it much more under control, even though it's still not "ideal".

My blood sugar had gotten pretty high too, so I adjusted my diet, cut way back on the carbs and, pretty much have that under control too.

I have an appointment in another couple of weeks for lab work where they'll draw some blood and check everything.

But you really ought to check some of that stuff out. You can get some nice home BP monitors pretty cheap, right where you work.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:26pm
Personally, I always check out o.k., although a touch heavier, these days.
Still have huge problem with pollen and allergies to go with what doctors call 'voluntary breathing'. Every now and then I actually keel over (I did today) - but I KNOW when it is likely to happen, so I prepare soft landings in advance.LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:34am
You speak of blood pressure...how correct.
Whenever I donate plasma, I get free blood pressure and a few other checks, an hour of free idiot box and $50.
I tell you what, though - I REALLY do it for the blood pressure check.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:20pm
I am eligible for the bonehead move of the week. It's a result of something I did 4 days ago.

I cooked up some mini tater tots, grabbed an oven mitt and....Yeouch!!  I found the hole in the mitt.

I didn't realize that I just spilled 3 tater tots on to the bottom of the oven.

So, I'm warming up the oven yesterday afternoon and guess what happens.  The wife walks into the kitchen and starts yelling at me!  Embarrassed

No fire but it filled the house with smoke. I still have the windows open and it was a warm night.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:35pm
Good thing your WiFi signal reaches out in the yard...

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 63>
  Share Topic