Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 7:51pm
I look at the members online, 1 Member
It's a good thing I have my bitches here because you people aren't much of a support system!

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 9:36pm
Bitch, bitch, bitch.

How can it be quiet in here when you keep on yelling about how quiet it is???

And turn that damned rock music off!!!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:12pm
Been clearing out my POD all day.  Some stuff to a storage facility, some directly here.  Some was left in the POD for movers to move.  Too heavy and cumbersome for a coupla 60+ year-olds to deal with.

It's about time.  Been paying $250/mo on the POD for the past nearly 2 years.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:21pm
So are you setting your computer back up in your pad?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:29pm
I'll get a new one.  Haven't decided what.  Laptop probably.  Might hook up my old monitor and get a wireless keyboard for it.  My bro has his like that.

I also have to transfer a few things from the old computer---namely some pictures and my iTunes library.  I dunno how to do that stuff, so I guess I'll pay someone to do it.

We have Wi-Fi here.  I dunno how this is all gonna work. 

I'll get around to it at some point.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'll get a new one.  Haven't decided what.  Laptop probably.  Might hook up my old monitor and get a wireless keyboard for it.  My bro has his like that.

I also have to transfer a few things from the old computer---namely some pictures and my iTunes library.  I dunno how to do that stuff, so I guess I'll pay someone to do it.

We have Wi-Fi here.  I dunno how this is all gonna work. 

I'll get around to it at some point.

You can do all this yourself easily.  Do you have Dropbox?  Create an account, it's free.  Upload your pics to Dropbox and then access Dropbox account from new computer.  Google "transfer iTunes to new computer" and it shows you how to do it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:57pm
Or get a flash drive, assuming he has a USB 2.0 port on his old machine.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 4:42am
Quote I look at the members online, 1 Member
It's a good thing I have my bitches here because you people aren't much of a support system!

Visit when other people are here, don't expect them to come when it's only convenient for you.  Wink

But if you are really lonely, there's always Donna (if you'd stop chasing him off...  LOL )
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:40am
DRS and Jimbo...thanks for the advice.  I'll heed when it comes time.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote I look at the members online, 1 Member

Visit when other people are here, don't expect them to come when it's only convenient for you.  Wink

But if you are really lonely, there's always Donna (if you'd stop chasing him off...  LOL )
LOL
That's me being sarcastic, Timbo.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 7:22pm
I remember some members complaining about noisy neighbors, I ran my gas blower today! Tongue

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:01pm
I see PaW is online...how ya doin ol' chestnut?

I had a little scare today myself....I guess I better stop smoking and eat better.

I had some pretty serious chest pains when I was trying to take my shower.

Fox Sports is imitating Groundhog day!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:47pm
I had a bit of a close call today myself.

I was driving on a road that I don't use much anymore and as I was approaching an intersection the light turned yellow. I was right at that point where I could've stopped or could've made it thru the yellow, so I opted for the latter.

As I went thru the intersection I was looking up at the light and I saw two things. 1) As the windshield and my sight line were passing beneath the light, it was still yellow and 2) a sign hanging next to the light that said "PHOTO ENFORCED".

IOW... there was a red light camera in operation.

I immediately said "Oh sh*t... I bet the light turned red while I was still underneath it and I'll be getting a $150 ticket in the mail soon."

Just what I need!!!

Awhile ago, after I got home I went to the county's red light camera web page and saw some beautiful words....

Quote A violation only occurs when a vehicle travels past the solid white stop bar and proceeds through the intersection after the light has turned red. Any vehicle already in the intersection (past the stop bar when the light changes from yellow to red) is not considered a violation.

WHEW!!!!

I was well into, and almost all the way through the intersection before it changed from yellow to red.

I'm going to be more careful from now on, though.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I had a bit of a close call today myself.

I was driving on a road that I don't use much anymore and as I was approaching an intersection the light turned yellow. I was right at that point where I could've stopped or could've made it thru the yellow, so I opted for the latter.

As I went thru the intersection I was looking up at the light and I saw two things. 1) As the windshield and my sight line were passing beneath the light, it was still yellow and 2) a sign hanging next to the light that said "PHOTO ENFORCED".

IOW... there was a red light camera in operation.

I immediately said "Oh sh*t... I bet the light turned red while I was still underneath it and I'll be getting a $150 ticket in the mail soon."

Just what I need!!!

Awhile ago, after I got home I went to the county's red light camera web page and saw some beautiful words....

Quote A violation only occurs when a vehicle travels past the solid white stop bar and proceeds through the intersection after the light has turned red. Any vehicle already in the intersection (past the stop bar when the light changes from yellow to red) is not considered a violation.

WHEW!!!!

I was well into, and almost all the way through the intersection before it changed from yellow to red.

I'm going to be more careful from now on, though.
Why?
Just quit being cheap!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:09pm
It's a crime to intentionally attempt to conceal your license plate number.

You get into more trouble for having that stuff on your plate than if you just paid the fine.

I'll just try to be in less of a hurry from now on.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:22pm
They have to catch you, first.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:16pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:21pm
PPPPFFFFFFTTTTTTHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Noisy enough for ya?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm
^LOL

Such an old frumpy!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 4:36pm
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Damn.

So empty in here there's an echo!!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 4:52pm
CryNobody loves CIH anymore.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 5:35pm
I thought I'd at least get a chuckle out of aka ron.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:16pm
^LOL

There IS an Echo in here...Clap

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

CryNobody loves CIH anymore.
THAT'S NOT TRUE!

THAT'S NOT TRUE!

THAT'S NOT TRUE!

Hello? Hello? Hello?

Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?
Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

An easy 'Name That Tune!'

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I thought I'd at least get a chuckle out of aka ron.
Yeah!  Go ahead and tease me with your friendly posts.  Then you go and do something important and I'm left here all alone again.  Oh! Woe is me! LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 63>
  Share Topic