Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 63>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:30am
It's all geezers here right now:

Member(s) online: PaWolf, CapeCat, Jimbo, sgtrock21, Thor

Time to talk prescription plans!

Sponsored Links

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:41am
^^LOLLOL But Thor...at least we are all rich in years, experience and wisdom, I am sure!Wink
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:46am
^^^ConfusedDid someone say it's time to talk 'Preparation H Plans'? Can I pass? I DO, really!
.......................................................................OH! 'PRESCRIPTION PLANS'! 'scuze me...yea - we can do that...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

^^LOLLOL But Thor...at least we are all rich in years, experience and wisdom, I am sure!Wink

Yeah, that's the ticket.  LOL

Recently, I referenced Fred Mertz to a mid-20s guy I work with.  He asked who Fred Mertz was.  I said "You know---from I Love Lucy".  His reply---"What's I Love Lucy?".

I kinda thought everyone has at least heard of I Love Lucy.  I guess I don't have that much wisdom.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 10:25am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^ConfusedDid someone say it's time to talk 'Preparation H Plans'? Can I pass? I DO, really!
.......................................................................OH! 'PRESCRIPTION PLANS'! 'scuze me...yea - we can do that...

I was at a backyard 60th birthday party this summer when everyone at the table I was sitting at started talking about their prescription coverage.  I had to leave and join the young person's table, explaining to these young people (who I didn't even really know) "I'm here because they're all talking prescription coverage over there".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I was at a backyard 60th birthday party this summer when everyone at the table I was sitting at started talking about their prescription coverage.  I had to leave and join the young person's table, explaining to these young people (who I didn't even really know) "I'm here because they're all talking prescription coverage over there".

That's what they were talking about up until you got up and left.

Once you were gone, they started dishing dirt on "you know who".

Meaning you, of course.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I was at a Sunday community dinner a few weeks back and ran into a similar situation, but worse. The 'over 60' crowd were all discussing the dead - no thanks - so I wandered over to the younger-side and was standing behind a girl who was telling some other youfs "never walk behind anyone over 50 because if they fart, it could be a lot more than a fart - and whatever you do, NEVER EVER walk behind someone over 60!...".
She didn't know I was behind her.
I squeezed out a tiny fart.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 7:35pm

Recently, I referenced Fred Mertz to a mid-20s guy I work with.  He asked who Fred Mertz was.  I said "You know---from I Love Lucy".  His reply---"What's I Love Lucy?".

I kinda thought everyone has at least heard of I Love Lucy.  I guess I don't have that much wisdom.  LOL

Fred Mertz? LOL

I always wondered why he wore his pants so high...It's the opposite today.Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:01pm
Where are all of the freaks and fiends of the mighty CIH?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 7:58pm
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 8:06pm
^^Clap  They are so...intense!  That hair! Those eyes! 

Why am I thinking...Spinal Tap?
CapeCat
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 8:23pm
^LOL

Spinal Tap? I'm surprised you like their music.

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 8:47pm
Aw, aka!   You didn't like them!??  Surely you recall their  "meteoric rise to the middle of the pack"?  Remember the grandeur that was "Smell the Glove", from that classic The Black Album? The innovation that was Intravenus de Milo,  recorded in Tri-Phonic sound??  The immortal "Stonehenge" live in concert with the dancing little folk?   The famous critical comment:  "They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."LOL

CapeCat
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 9:34pm
In the 80s, perms were a sign that I probably wouldn't like a band's music.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 9:50pm
It's almost 5:00 and this place is dead!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 10:22pm
It's now after 6:00 and the place is SILL dead.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:28pm
Yea.
Dead.
Sucks.
Pretty much like being frustrated and silent because the argument you just had with yourself went unresolved since you cannot communicate with yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:32pm
I'm here but I'm dead inside.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:09am

Six years back when my oldest Granddaughter was 10 y/o she had no idea what I Love Lucy was. When I tried to explain she knew exactly who Ricky Ricardo was. Go figure. When she was 5 y/o her favorite cartoon character was Betty Boop! Someone gave me a VHS Betty Boop tape. I previewed it to make sure it worked before giving it to her. Good thing. Sex, Drugs, and 1920s jazz. Nothing wrong with 1920s jazz just making the sex, drugs, and rock and roll comparison.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:09pm
I'm feeling good, but alas...the forum is dead. I dominate the latest posts list.
I don't like it when that happens.
Where are all of my friends and fiends?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:36pm
I posted some this morning.

We've just got a lot of slackers sround here who don't want to pull their weight anymore!!!!

Plus, since you guys finally ran Donathan off, there's not much to talk about anymore.

Double edged sword.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I posted some this morning.

We've just got a lot of slackers sround here who don't want to pull their weight anymore!!!!

Plus, since you guys finally ran Donathan off, there's not much to talk about anymore.

Double edged sword.
Indeed.
It's my own fault, my CIH time is basically 12 noon central till about 4pm.
Most people have better things to do at that time of the day. I try to get my stuff done in the morning then my free time kicks in.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:41am
I'm a victim of my own success! I became a member shortly after my decision to stop paying a provider for the "privilege" of watching sleazy "reality" shows infested with 20+ minutes of commercials each hour, not to mentions hundreds of channels that basically show THE SAME SHOWS, just arranged differently on each channel.Dead I am more likely to post something on the "Off Topic" thread than on any other thread. I find it amusing to check out the "Commercials You Hate", knowing Most of the commercials comment on are ones I'll never see. I've found the freedom I was looking for a decade ago, and boy does it taste good! Big smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:20pm
Success?  If you say so...Confused

I was pissed at this band when I heard they might have stolen music from another artist.

Joe Satriani Sues Coldplay For "Viva La Vida" Plagiarism

Frankly, I kinda like their music. "Life's a drink and love's a drug"

From what I saw in the YouTube comments, that's Beyonce with her boobs hanging out....or maybe she helped with the audio.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:56pm
Quiet? WORKING IN THE BACK YARD?  Ooops cap lock.

Who is the slaCKER?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 63>
  Share Topic