Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Esurance- Beatrice (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Esurance- Beatrice (video)
    Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:17pm
I'm not a fan of Esurance and their stupid little geetar theme song. But why does it take 15 minutes Geico?
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:29pm

"I unfriend you".
"That's not how it works."

I kinda get a chuckle out of the old broad "unfriending" people.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"I unfriend you".
"That's not how it works."
+"That's not how any of this works."

I kinda get a chuckle out of the old broad "unfriending" people.
I love this commercial for that whole reason. So 'geriatric'-like LOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 4:21pm
So does 7.5 minutes save you 7.5 percent?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 6:11pm
I have to tell you, this is one of the few commercials out there I kind of like. "I unfriend you." "That's not how it works. That's now how any of this works." 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

UnhappyThat's not how it works. That's not how ANY of this works...and you just failed 'Accounting 101' as your logic is flawed and you clearly did not listen to the woman who said, "I saved MORE than that in HALF the time"
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 7:17pm

LOL
I so hate paying for insurance!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:21pm
I like it.LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

UnhappyThat's not how it works. That's not how ANY of this works...and you just failed 'Accounting 101' as your logic is flawed and you clearly did not listen to the woman who said, "I saved MORE than that in HALF the time"

You actually listen to commercials? By the way I always failed accounting 101.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 10:30pm
I like this spot too.
I can imagine this conversation taking place in Sarasota FL on a daily basis.

The only problem with it is that I tend to think it's a GEICO ad rather than Esurance.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 1:25am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

You actually listen to commercials? By the way I always failed accounting 101.
Never comment with having done such.
Once upon I time, a very wise wolf once told me, "If You don't LISTEN, don't COMMENT"
Now that I think about it, probably was me talking to myself - yea, that was it.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 1:27am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL
I so hate paying for insurance!

Gotta admit, I do chuckle at this commercial.

But I agree. I hate paying for insurance too. I'm not saying I have a better idea for a system, but I hate paying for it. (even though I admit that my insurance did come through for me when the house was demolished by the tornado 3 years ago.).

Insurance is something you hate to pay for and hope you won't need to use. You also need to have it just to have stuff. Car insurance? I've only been two places where it wasn't mandatory....Rhode Island and Tennessee...and this was in the late 80s and early 90's. They've probably changed it by now. Otherwise you have to be insured to legally have your car on the road? Home owners insurance? The bank demands that I have it.

It boggles my mind that some of my neighbors had to struggle with their insurance companies after the tornado. A natural disaster that isn't common to this area destroys your house and the insurance company is trying to find a reason to not cover you. (Not me, but I have USAA, an live right outside of Fort Bragg. It'd be bad for business for them to haggle over it, I guess....and honestly, they did hook me up with more than I expected.)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 2:57am
^^^Auto insurance? Our FAVORITE companies are Nationwide, Allstate, or Esurance, with Nationwide at the top. Allstate is indeed great when it comes to homeowner's, as we found out when when we needed them after our house was burgled. In a very odd twist, the burglars were very careful and stole everything we NEVER wanted while leaving everything else very carefully set aside, or disconnected with care. The police were so astounded they even questioned if the robber was staged. 
Back to auto insurance...
We have halfway decent public transportation and rental car services that deliver on request that include acceptable daily full coverage rates.
We only use auto insurance when we want plates on the cars, which is almost never during the winter - saves us TONS of money. Have to be careful when doing this as insurance companies are quick to penalize individuals for insurance lapses. - always be ready to explain with supporting documentation. And, if you are over 55, be wise and spend the $60 for an online 'safe driving test'; your rates will go down radically and immediatley. 
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 6:06am
Okay, I'm odd man out. I hate this stupid offing commercial. It's insulting to senior citizens, and that dumb "I UNFRIEND you" woman is like the worst possible stereotype of a yenta, with the weird arm gestures and 1980s glasses. Most of the ones I know are pretty savvy about computer use. A lot of them even have iPads. The ones who don't really understand computers and/or don't use them much, are not so aggressive about what they do or don't know.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 6:14am
Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

Okay, I'm odd man out. I hate this stupid offing commercial. It's insulting to senior citizens, and that dumb "I UNFRIEND you" woman is like the worst possible stereotype of a yenta, with the weird arm gestures and 1980s glasses. Most of the ones I know are pretty savvy about computer use. A lot of them even have iPads. The ones who don't really understand computers and/or don't use them much, are not so aggressive about what they do or don't know.
WinkBeatrice thanks you and likes you - maybe even enough for a mushface to mushface, should you join her dating site.

shEEEsh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shEEEsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Autumn Autumn wrote:

I have to tell you, this is one of the few commercials out there I kind of like. "I unfriend you." "That's not how it works. That's now how any of this works." 

I like that she posts her vacation pictures on her ''wall'' and they are actually on her wall.  
eBay schmeBay
www.omigosh.com
Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:15pm
Quote  I like that she posts her vacation pictures on her ''wall'' and they are actually on her wall. 

Yeah! And love the way the smart one looks from one friend to the other in disbelief!!
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:19pm
Can't stand the annoying "That's not how it works"yenta and Beatrice is so old she hurts my eyes..
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

It may be that she just doesn't understand Facebook/social media.  I know very few people in their 50s or older who have a Facebook account.  Most of us just can't be bothered...though we do have some idea what "unfriend" means.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:02pm
Maybe it's just the "Sick Puppy" in me coming out, but Beatrice must have been hot about sixty years ago. I mean check out those cha-chas! It's a wonder she can still stand.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:22pm

^  You realize you're checking out an 80 y/o's tits, right?

Gotta admit, though---I noticed 'em too.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 12:51am
Like I said, maybe sixty years ago.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 5:54pm

It may be that she just doesn't understand Facebook/social media.  I know very few people in their 50s or older who have a Facebook account.  Most of us just can't be bothered...though we do have some idea what "unfriend" means.

Did you notice she's on dial-up?  Last time I was on dial-up was 2007 and it sucked then.  I can't imagine trying to use it now.  By the way, I'm sixty, but I have an excuse because I've been working with computers since there were punch cards.  Smile
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:01pm
I don't mind this commercial, and the one with the black guy's advice about not rewinding rented DVD's before returning them. LOL   The downside though is the frequency in which they're aired.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:05pm

^  You realize you're checking out an 80 y/o's tits, right?

Gotta admit, though---I noticed 'em too.

Maybe this was one of the vacation pictures she posted onto her wall (her on the left perhaps?):

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic