Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poo-Pourri (VIDEO) unfortunately

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poo-Pourri (VIDEO) unfortunately
    Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  It might just be how she's presented in the commercial---maybe the old lady clothes and hair and lipstick.  Other pics have her looking more her age.

This one's from 2012:

Wow. Amazing what clothes and a different hairstyle does.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 5:42pm

^  It might just be how she's presented in the commercial---maybe the old lady clothes and hair and lipstick.  Other pics have her looking more her age.

This one's from 2012:

TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

She's Scottish.  Moved to the US at 18.  She's now 21.  According to this article, she was imitating "high-society English".

She's 21?!?!?!?

She looks 35. She will not age well.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 4:50pm

She's Scottish.  Moved to the US at 18.  She's now 21.  According to this article, she was imitating "high-society English".

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 6:17am
It's not really striking me as "british"...It just seems the kind of accent those "high society" women put on, especially in the Northeast.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 5:44am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

The only problem I have is the cutesy damn British accent.  

Possibly related to the cottonell "bum-er."

Exactly what I was thinking.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 4:21am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Possibly related to the cottonell "bum-er."
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 4:04am
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Wonder if she's married.Heart
Confusederrrrrmmmm.....Tizzer, she on the frickin' TOILET! Do you often pick out possible mates as they are 'unloding'? Do you "judge 'em by they way they grunt"?

As opposed to hearing her tell me about her digestive system problems? Yeah. Wink
I can see it now....
"...take me home and make me grunt like a sweathog, darlin'!"
Now that you're hooked and ready to oblige, make sure she doesn't 'sh*t the bed'...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confusederrrrrmmmm.....Tizzer, she on the frickin' TOILET! Do you often pick out possible mates as they are 'unloding'? Do you "judge 'em by they way they grunt"?

As opposed to hearing her tell me about her digestive system problems? Yeah. Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:32am
LOL...not going there, PapaL. Know the feeling.
Worse than that, know my own 'better half', who is the very reason I bought an industrial-strength, extra-long/long-handled 'potty auger'.
Women can get constipated like no other critter on the stinkin' planet; MissyDWolf can unload cement logs that can cause Niagara Falls to seize up and choke (I bought a plunger of her choice, since she doesn't like using the potty auger).
I know it has been bad when  she comes out after about an hour, chipper & bouncy, and the soundproofed bathroom is sparkling clean...means it was a 'war zone' not 20 minutes before.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:23am
A woman should be a lamb in the kitchen, a tiger in the bedroom...and a walrus in the bathroom.

One time when I was using the womens (Before you even go there, PaW, this was not by choice. THe mens was broken down and locked up and I had three 32 ounce cokes in my bladder)

While in there, from the stall next to me I heard, and I quote (because it is so memorable)

"OH....AAARGH (something like the sound women make giving birth on TV), Mother--cker! OH YES -huge sigh-"

I was trying so hard to keep from laughing, and then.

"Damn that thing is f**king huge."

That poor woman had to wash her hands listening to me cracking up like a hyena during a three stooges marathon.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 12:16am

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 11:40pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 11:23pm

It's already in Commercial Talk.  It didn't get many replies.  Let's see how it does here.

I love this one, too.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 11:22pm
The whole point of this commercial is to take the piss out of those ridiculous commercials that "cute-ify" and delicately traipse around the bowl (pun intended) by feminine products.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Erm, this belongs in the commercials we LOVE section.

You know we love very different things. Please never change. I do love your perspective.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 11:04pm
Erm, this belongs in the commercials we LOVE section.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 10:43pm

It's here! Actress sitting on toilet supposedly taking a dump. No live shot of the log just explicit graphics. At the end we are shown that the lid is down but the visual damage has already been done!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic