Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just wow KFC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just wow KFC
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:02pm
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:20pm

He's like the guy in that Just Shoot Me episode.  The guy in Just Shoot Me plays a retard.  Well, actually, he plays a guy pretending to be a retard.  I don't know what the character in the KFC commercial's excuse is supposed to be.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:40am
^ Classic.  Now I'm gonna have to watch that episode. 

As far as the commercial, Douchebag McGee needs to shut his damn potpie hole. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 2:49am
Hey, do you guys think they have pot pies at KFC????
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

Hey, do you guys think they have pot pies at KFC????

Say it with me "P-OT P-IE"
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 4:12am
I don't even think anyone I know would be that enthusiastic if the potpie had actual POT in it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 7:52am
Well, after seeing this commercial I'm not exactly sure how I'd #howdoyouKFC, but if it makes me anything like this guy, I think I'd better bring along a gun to off myself with before I actually do it.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 5:23pm
I want to rage quit life after seeing this ad. STOP TRYING SO f**kING HARD KFC. We get it, you're hurting for revenue because people tend to equate KFC with family chicken buckets and dinner but you're not satisfied with that, you need a piece of that lucrative lunch pie too. It's lazy advertising when your entire ad consists of shouting your product over and over because you think your audience is too stupid to get it otherwise.

HEY DO YOU THINK THEY GET IT THAT WE CARRY POT PIES YET?! PEOPLE LOVE POT PIES FOR LUNCH RIGHT? NO? OH WELL!

It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:02pm
Our KFC's have had Pot Pies for at least 5 years. I've had them a couple times they are actually pretty good but their new commercials are terrible. 

They had another commercial where they kept repeating "I didn't know KFC was open for lunch" like seriously, who the f*** didn't know that?!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 5:10am
Say it with me.

"This guy is a DOUCHE - BAG!"
THX1386 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THX1386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 6:22am
Just one more of this HASHTAG HOW DO YOU KFC? HASHTAG YOLO craze that KFC has started to try and run with.

The office twit (see another thread here) and the two chicks video blogging their lunch are equally as bad.
maskddingo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskddingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:29pm
I remember when I first saw one of this series of commercials. It was some chick gushing over how she just found out KFC has lunch....

Seriously? Who the F*$& on Earth was choosing not to go to KFC for lunch because they thought it wasn't open?

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by maskddingo maskddingo wrote:

I remember when I first saw one of this series of commercials. It was some chick gushing over how she just found out KFC has lunch....

Seriously? Who the F*$& on Earth was choosing not to go to KFC for lunch because they thought it wasn't open?

Are there even any fast food places that AREN'T open for lunch?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 5:19pm
If people aren't going to KFC for lunch its not because they don't know if its open or not, its because they think the food is sh*t lol
JS303 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JS303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 5:37am
This #howdoyoukfc campaign is particularly bad... The fake enthusiasm is cringeworthy in each one.

The family dinner one pissed me off the most with the passive husband essentially saying "yeah we eat rice cakes covered in sh*t some nights because my lazy fat wife is too stupid to understand the concept of dinner and I'm ok with that." Get a f**king life and learn to cook yourself a steak goddammit.

The one with the 2 teen girls video blogging just came off as highly unrealistic... all of them are guilty of trying too hard to come off as real but this one was the worst. I just felt like these girls were lying to me the whole time.

The pot pie commercial makes a great mini drinking game actually.

Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 7:32pm
I watched this with my speakers on mute and I could still see each time he said "POT PIIIIE". I don't think I've ever been as excited as he is about anything that a fast food place sells. I'll admit though, if places started selling good Monte Cristos, I'd probably be that excited, lol.
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 8:26pm
Seriously, this guy acts like a mental case. I don't know what it would take for me to be that enthusiastic about a pot-pie. Maybe if it was laced with cocaine or something. Maybe that's included in their secret herbs and spices, huh?

#thiswasonceknownasapoundsign
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 8:29pm
No, ₤ is a pound sign.

That's a hash or number-sign...or a tic-tac-toe.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 8:45pm

In the US, # is the symbol for either "number" or "pound".

We're in America, PapaL.  Wink

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 8:54pm
It's weird, though, my mother and I learned from the same English books, and in both cases were taught "Hash/Number"

Maybe the nuns that taught her were brits in disguise...

Though, in the 70's/80's, when she was working at an editing company, they also required it be called a hash.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 8:30pm
The latest  ###Bullkfc....from KFC. You know what my wife likes to make for dinner?  Reservations.
metalmaiden666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalmaiden666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 6:47pm
Yeah...these commercials are a huge dumpster fire. They make me want to run from the room screaming but I can't seem to stop looking at the horror show in front of me. This pot-pie guy is so phony I can't stand it. I picture myself in the next cubicle trying earnestly to complete my work with this yo-yo demanding my attention to his Tuesday lunch choice. There's another in this campaign where the girl seems super surprised that KFC serves lunch...??? It's fast food, genius...they probably serve lunch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic