Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wendy's ciabatta burger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wendy's ciabatta burger
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:57pm

How many different types of "artisan bread" is Wendy's gonna try before they realize that no one's gonna pay $5.99 for a fast food burger?

First it was the pretzel bun, then brioche, now ciabatta. Just slap the damn thing on a bun like every other fast food place, and take $2 off the price.
Sponsored Links

BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:41pm
Regardless of what new product they are trying to push that girl is beyond annoying

Also am I the only one that liked Wendy's better 10 years ago than today?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:53pm
Yeah, Wendy was pretty tasty ten years ago...
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:05am
Haven't been in a Wendy's since I was about 7 or 8. Only remember their chocolate icy thingie...It was pretty good.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:31am
If "Wendy" ate half the burgers she brags about, she'd be as fat as the real Wendy. 
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 2:29am
How can you be that doggone smug about a fast food burger??? I have no problem with the food, it's just that doggone smugness!!! That is petty and sad if the only thing you have that you can lord over somebody is the burger you got from Wendy's. She needs to hook up with that Supersize Me dude...
veoozo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veoozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 3:46am
The reason she never eats the food is because it isn't actually food. Well, technically it is. They take the food but cover it with stuff like Vaseline, ect to make is look the way it does. What you really get is a tiny grease-filled piece of bread.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 7:42am
Another commercial where people try to bastardize/co-opt French/Italian words to try to sound "classy".

Why oh why couldn't she have burnt in that fire in the last commercial?
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 5:19pm
He's eating healthy egg salad that he probably made himself? GASP! He should be eating a grease laden fat bomb like the other cool kids!

Everything about these smug f**king Wendy's ads anger me to no end. Unless you are eating Wendy's your food is awful and you should feel awful. What a terrible message. You won't fit in with your peers unless you eat what they eat. No wonder America is so fat.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 6:48pm
^Isn't egg salad typically soaked in mayonnaise. I mean, not that that's bad, and definitely more nutritionally balanced, but I think that's one of those ingredients that doesn't get to be part of the 'healthy' buzzword category.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 3:03am
"Let's try to rhyme as many words and phrases and names as we can with our stupid azz burger!  That will sell them so fast!"  Jesus. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

isissxn View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isissxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 7:02am
Why can't these just stop resurrecting? They are AWFUL. I simply cannot believe that anyone could feel anything but hate for this advertising campaign. I wouldn't eat the food they're hawking purely for spite. And not everyone is as insane with rage as I am, true, but it's still ineffective marketing to piss off and offend your viewership. 

STOP THE SNARK, WENDY'S. It's appetite-murdering levels of obnoxious.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:49pm
I worked at a Wendy's in the late-90s/early-2000s. Their food, esp. the fries were much better. It's still okay now, but I still liked it better 10-15 years ago (I really miss the Big Bacon Classic...the Baconator doesn't hold a candle to it). 

I've said it before, but enough with fast food restaurants offering faux fancy meals, esp. Wendy's. Stop trying to be Panera; your food is overpriced enough as is without the foreign buns.

As for Wendy, her pretentiousness irritates the hell out of me. She needs to choke on a chicken nugget. :-P
The poster formerly known as producer757
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

He's eating healthy egg salad that he probably made himself? GASP! He should be eating a grease laden fat bomb like the other cool kids!

I used to regularly get egg salad sandwiches at the lunch place across from where I used to work.  I did this by choice because I actually wanted egg salad, not because Wendy's wasn't available to me.  

I assume Wendy and friends eat at Wendy's every day and then go back and sit at their office desks, yet no one's fat.  How is that?

The whole idea that a lunch is supposed to be some huge meat meal (w fries and a soda, no doubt)---well, no wonder we've gotten so fat.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 3:29pm
My level of ire for this smug twit and her douche laden clique has been building up long enough that it's finally reached the point where I've developed an immunity to it.  When the commercials come on I'm able to just let them fade the background and not even acknowledge their potential to piss me off. 

And thankfully the same thing happened about a year ago with Progressive and their insipid and relentless Flo campaign.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

My level of ire for this smug twit and her douche laden clique has been building up long enough that it's finally reached the point where I've developed an immunity to it.  When the commercials come on I'm able to just let them fade the background and not even acknowledge their potential to piss me off. 

And thankfully the same thing happened about a year ago with Progressive and their insipid and relentless Flo campaign.

For me, it's the Geico ads.  It's gotten to the point that I even ignore all the Geico threads at CIH.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 7:36pm
This woman sets my teeth on edge; there are no words strong enough to display just how much a detest her--in all of the commercials.

And though I think the Flo commercials have lost what little appeal they had for me in the beginning, I can still sit through Flo commercials without wanting to throw something thru the TV.

This red-headed woman, I would love to wipe that smug, smirk right off--leave her with no mouth!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 11:22pm
Wendy's uses this 105 lb. bean pole to demonstrate thin people can pig out on burgers & fries while not getting fat. Being she never takes a bite of food, she never will.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

I worked at a Wendy's in the late-90s/early-2000s. Their food, esp. the fries were much better. It's still okay now, but I still liked it better 10-15 years ago (I really miss the Big Bacon Classic...the Baconator doesn't hold a candle to it). 

I've said it before, but enough with fast food restaurants offering faux fancy meals, esp. Wendy's. Stop trying to be Panera; your food is overpriced enough as is without the foreign buns.

As for Wendy, her pretentiousness irritates the hell out of me. She needs to choke on a chicken nugget. :-P

I think what we're seeing here is the big three: McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's are undergoing an identity crisis. For years they ruled the roost when it came to quick convenient food but people got bored with them and now you got all these Johnny Come-latelys with their artisan breads, their tacos, their crabs, their wings, their subs, and their coffee. The big three want to be them too but the problem is their business model pretty much precludes it. The big three are trying to be all things to all people and they're just failing miserably at it. They need to go back to their roots.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
iampinkcherry View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iampinkcherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 3:19am
First things first...that Wendy's girl is soooo freakin annoying...that little giggle she does! And the guy that doesnt have a ciabatta sandwich was sooo corn...hated the asiago commercial too!
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 2:40pm
I finally remembered where I saw the guy who "forgot-ta" before. I have a tape from about 11 years ago of Mystery Science Theater 3000 with a Domino's commercial with that guy as a pizza delivery guy who tells the guy who ordered the pizza, "No drooling this time." 
bowlingballhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowlingballhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 10:15pm
Say what y'all want about "Wendy," but I personally, would love to pump her in the booty 'till her face turns blue.  These natural redheads are getting harder and harder to find man.

This goes for Progressive Flo as well.  Total fetish style . . . OH YEAH!  Heart
sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 3:52am
these commercials have grown exponentially worse over the past couple years, and they recycle them over and over. This b....needs to have a ciabatta enema.
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 3:58am
Originally posted by sdsyl659 sdsyl659 wrote:

This b....needs to have a ciabatta enema.

I'm wondering what that would entail (no pun intended). A liquidy substance with ciabatta blended in it? Or something drier, like an oversized ciabatta Q-tip?
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 4:06am
Originally posted by ADamant ADamant wrote:

Originally posted by sdsyl659 sdsyl659 wrote:

This b....needs to have a ciabatta enema.

I'm wondering what that would entail (no pun intended). A liquidy substance with ciabatta blended in it? Or something drier, like an oversized ciabatta Q-tip?
Probably somthing more like this (if YOU watched TLC, you would know this!)
Subtract the coffee, water-down the ciabatta a little, enjoy your very own CiabattaBootyBlowout! 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic