Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

David's Bridal: It's all about her

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: David's Bridal: It's all about her
    Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 11:45pm
...because honestly who needs a groom, a preacher or even a venue for that matter. Because apparently when you have a Vera Wang dress you don't need anyone else. 

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 12:07am

Yeah.  I saw some promo on TLC (I think) about some show show (possibly called Bride Day), in which the boyfriend tells his fiance that they can't afford that "perfect" dress that she wanted for the wedding.  The fiance, of course, cries.

Is he marrying an 8 y/o?  Is this perfect dress thing really that important?  She'd rather have some expensive dress than put that money towards their future?  I'll bet she still has Princess fantasies (in which case, she probably isn't ready to be married).

Sorry for the lack of details on this promo; I was barely paying attention.

Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah.  I saw some promo on TLC (I think) about some show show (possibly called Bride Day), in which the boyfriend tells his fiance that they can't afford that "perfect" dress that she wanted for the wedding.  The fiance, of course, cries.

Is he marrying an 8 y/o?  Is this perfect dress thing really that important?  She'd rather have some expensive dress than put that money towards their future?  I'll bet she still has Princess fantasies (in which case, she probably isn't ready to be married).

Sorry for the lack of details on this promo; I was barely paying attention.

Not to mention that she will be wearing the dress once during her lifetime...that is of course unless she chooses to be buried in it.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 12:34am
Cause everyone knows marriage only comes once in a lifetime.(cough, cough)
Did she have the photographer crop the groom out of the wedding pictures, too.
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Cause everyone knows marriage only comes once in a lifetime.(cough, cough)
Did she have the photographer crop the groom out of the wedding pictures, too.

Of course she did, have to make room for all of the glamour shots of that $5,000 dress! And I know that divorce is commonplace anymore which is why she would be wearing that dress only once, because if/when she re-marries she will make her new husband-to-be buy her an even bigger, more extravagant dress. 
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 1:36am
This one bugs me too partly because she may "cheat" on that dress when she wears differents dresses every time she gets remarried.

Must say though, I love that dress--gorgeous, tasteful.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 1:41am
But of course she can't wear that dress again. The groom might as well wear Converse sneakers with his "rent a tux" because all eyes are on her.Ermm Until he wips out the ring anyway.
Hope he went to Jareds.  
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 1:42am
^
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 1:50am
I have noticed that in general, the more extravagant and outrageously expensive the wedding is, the less likely the marriage is to last long. A wedding is now seen as an event in itself, rather than the first step in a marriage. My mom sewed her own wedding dress, the reception was in the church basement, and they drove to their honeymoon, and they've been married for 36 years and counting.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 7:03am
David's Bridal sucks! Last year, I was maid of honor at my friend's wedding and we had our dresses chosen from there. The gown was beautiful but the service was totally sub-par. I went to pick up my dress at the appointed date and they said it wasn't ready. I went back the next week and it STILL wasn't ready. A few days later, I went back and they told me that if I wait, they will do the alterations right then and there. At that point, it was a few days before the wedding and I was pissed (so was the bride). I finally got the dress that Tuesday before the Saturday wedding and everything was fine after that, but they won't be getting any more business from me.

In regards to the commercial, I saw nothing but the groom. Damn, was he hot!
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 5:58am
I will never understand blowing a load of money on a one day party. I'm not saying that getting married isn't a big deal. Sure, go ahead and make it nice and classy, but within reason. And within a reasonable budget.

My brother's wife's family paid $32,000 for their wedding. And they were in debt even before. $32,000 for one day! Just give me the money and I'll buy a house instead.
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 3:27pm

My cousin had violinists at her wedding reception.  Also, people that came around to cut your steak.  And bathroom attendants!  It was at some really nice venue, too---with several hundred guests.  It was all really nice, but give me a buffet at a Knights of Columbus hall, and I'm happy.  I don't need any violins or bathroom attendants.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 11:27am
Ugh...this commercial!!!  I just cringe at this lame narration.  What groom is using the words "carefully choreographed extravaganza"?!?!?!?!  Blech!  Mr. Aleen was probably thinking:  "I hope I remembered to shave!" as I was walking down the aisle.  That's probably more accurate, wouldn't you say?
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
isissxn View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isissxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Ugh...this commercial!!!  I just cringe at this lame narration.  What groom is using the words "carefully choreographed extravaganza"?!?!?!?!  Blech!  Mr. Aleen was probably thinking:  "I hope I remembered to shave!" as I was walking down the aisle.  That's probably more accurate, wouldn't you say?

Haha, right on Aleen! I despise this simpering, pandering, ridiculous commercial. It's insulting to both sexes and it sets my teeth on edge with its phoniness. Dead
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 4:16am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

What groom is using the words "carefully choreographed extravaganza"?!?!?!?!

A flamboyantly gay one?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 8:50am
I now pronounce you fag and hag. Let us know how fabulous the honeymoon was.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 1:28pm
BRIDAL dresses? Tuxedos? Daaaaaaaaamn! The things today's kids will do to get their rocks off! Whatever happened to the 50-yard line of the football field, or the back seat of the car and dumping Dorthy in Daddy's front yard? A 'Wedding'? Really?! Whatever happened to the days when we MEN kept our 'nads rather than getting them pierced with a gold ring?!Angry
<'scuse me...being interrupted by MissyDWolf....yes dear? I did indeed clean the kitchen! Yes, yes, yes - we'll go grocery shopping in a bit...yea, I got the granpup's birthday present you demanded...and of course not! What makes you think I'm wasting my Saturday morning on CIH?....yes'm - I'll be right there...> 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 2:05pm

I once saw an episode of Judge Judy or The People's Court (or one of those shows) in which a woman was suing her ex-boyfriend for all the money she'd put towards their wedding (including the dress) before they broke up.

Apparently, the "fiance" wasn't even aware they were getting married.  Seems they'd spoken about marriage once, and she immediately went with it.  Before he knew it, she had half the wedding arranged.  LOL

As I recall, the ruling was in his favor.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic