Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What was the first song you listened to TODAY?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 101>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 3:02pm

^  If I wake up with the TV on, I'm hearing music first thing.  If not, I'll hear music soon enough when I log onto one of my online radio stations.

Right now, I'm listening to a vocal version of Cast Your Fate to the Wind by Shelby Flint.  I prefer the James Gang version.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

This is from the Walking Dead promo I heard this AM.  It's a version of CCR's Bad Moon Rising, done by Mourning Ritual.  I like it for a few seconds at a time, but it gets tiresome pretty quickly.  I think they tried too hard to make it sound evil.

Wow, that was awful!!!

Sounds like a guy who just woke up with a sore throat reading the weather forecast out of the newspaper.

What passes for musical talent nowadays.....

I just looked at one of the Walking Dead websites about this song.  Seems no one likes it.  Ominous lyrics + ominous music = overkill, sometimes.

I really wanted to like it upon hearing it for a few seconds the first time, but it goes nowhere---just the same slow pace and pseudo-Tom Waits voice throughout.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:02pm
Wink...and it fits so well today...
Big smile...which inspired me to make THIS my second song of the day, to really kick-start my bad ol'self...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 1:24pm
"What Your Parents Think All Your Music Sounds Like" -- Worm Quartet

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 1:30pm
"The Internet is a Big Warm Hug for the World" -- Worm Quartet

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 7:46pm
some Led Zepplin song.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 1:20pm
Zax from the loader, crack, and trainer from the Commodore 64 computer video game, "Dominator++" from the late-1980s.

When I wasn't listening to the zax from the C=64 computer video game Wasteland (which I used to listen to in the mornings when I had the day shift tending bar at the now-defunct <a href="http://seattlehistory.org/blog/2011/08/a-beacon/#comment-1250" target="new">Six Eleven Tavern</a> -- before my coffeepot finished perking) I used to listen to this as it helped to get my ass awake.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:38pm
The Beatles "All You Need Is Love"

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:21pm
^^^ Every time I hear that song all I can think about is that stupid diaper commercial. :-/

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:31pm
Henley's "Heart of the Matter" was on the radio when I started up my car this morning.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

^^^ Every time I hear that song all I can think about is that stupid diaper commercial. :-/

They used "All you need is love" in a diaper commercial???

Maybe old age is good because I have no recollection about that.

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 8:56pm
^^^ It was a commercial for Luvs brand disposable plastic baby toilets (disposable diapers) from...o I dunno...five or so years ago.

The song went like:

♫All you need is Luvs.♫
♫All you need is Luvs.♫
♫All you need is Luvs Luvs,♫
♫All you need is Luvs!♫

And it was sung to the tune of the Beatles song, "All You Need is Love". :-/

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:08pm
"Yellow Submarine" would have been more appropriate!

I sincerely cannot remember but I'll take your word for it, Angry!

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

"Yellow Submarine" would have been more appropriate!

LOL

That one or "Old Brown Shoe"

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 3:28pm
"I'm the Message" -- Karl Bartos

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 3:43pm
This morning it was that godamned Honey Nut Cheerios song. Pure torture till I could get to the car and flush my mind of this melodic vomit.
Wasn't there a thread about the grudge match?
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 3:53pm
That damn "Welcome to the new age" song, actually titled "Radioactive." You're bound to have heard it in commercials, TV shows, newscasts, trailers, something recently:

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This morning it was that godamned Honey Nut Cheerios song. Pure torture till I could get to the car and flush my mind of this melodic vomit.
Wasn't there a thread about the grudge match?

Here are two that I was able to dredge up here on CIH about that PWPOSMF bee:

I have a website with many more featuring that stupid sodding malformed CGI insect. LOL

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 1:30pm
"Showroom Dummies" -- Kraftwerk

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 3:22pm

Here's my old friend and roommate Ron (from 1981-85) announcing the Jefferson Starship at the 2001 Haight Street Fair.  Ron ran the main stage for the fair since the late 70s.

She Has Funny Cars, an old Airplane song:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 12:25pm
I've heard 2 hours of music already today, this is the first tune I picked out myself.
It's only 6:15 in the AM, This song makes me want to turn it up.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 12:52pm
One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer, by George Thorogood!
One man gathers what another man spills
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 1:30pm
Zax from the pee-cee demo, "Unreal" by the demo group Future Crew

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 6:09pm
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 6:15pm

^  I'd forgotten that they originally had "Chicago" in their name.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 101>
  Share Topic