Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Public apologies---now one from Madonna

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Public apologies---now one from Madonna
    Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 3:16pm

Paula Deen, Alec Baldwin, Duck Dynasty, Rob Ford, Anthony Wiener, Megyn Kelly, Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods, Michael Richards, Ed Schultz, Martin Bashir---the list of public apologies (or demands for such) goes on and on.  The latest one is Madonna, who's being called a racist for having used the word "nigga" in some Tweet in reference to her white son's boxing abilities.  If Madonna's a racist, what does that make the KKK?

The whole thing is getting kinda ridiculous.  Maybe some of the things these people say are worthy of discussion, but to demand meaningless apologies is just as bad.  And to give them is even worse.  For once, I wanna hear one of these people Tweet out a big "F*ck you" to all those calling for their heads.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 4:02pm
I don't see what the BFD is either.

Wasn't she either married to or dating a black guy for awhile?

Besides, a large number of her friends & associates are blacks in the music industry who likely use the word "nigga" themselves. 

She probably uses the term in their presence all the time with no offense taken.

It's only when a non-black person uses the term publicly that all the phony poutrage begins.

And since Madonna is a "wigga" herself, she should get a pass.

If one is a "wigga" one is allowed to say "nigga" because one truly believes one is one.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 4:14pm

I think Madonna even has an adopted black kid.  I guess she plans on putting him to work in the fields pretty soon.  Maybe in retaliation to all those calling her a racist and demanding she atone, she oughta start saying stuff like that.  I might actually have more respect for her if she did.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think Madonna even has an adopted black kid.  I guess she plans on putting him to work in the fields pretty soon.  Maybe in retaliation to all those calling her a racist and demanding she atone, she oughta start saying stuff like that.  I might actually have more respect for her if she did.

I don't think she should broach that level of sarcasm, but she should at least come out & remind people that she has probably had more & closer relationships, both personal & professional, with black people than most of the people whining about it, many of whom freely use the word & with whom she freely uses it in the presence of,  that it's apparently become an acceptable term to be used in public & that of it's so offensive, rappers should stop using it in their lyrics.

I doubt people would get it if she started making comments about making her kid work in the fields.

That would just turn the panty-pissing flurry into a full-fledged sh*t storm.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 4:39pm

That might just fall on deaf ears.  They'll just ignore her and move on to the next perceived slight by the next public figure.  I think she needs to take the offensive...really give them something to talk about until maybe just maybe, they'll come to the realization that these demands for apologies for every little thing, are mostly just ridiculous.

I mean, what's really gonna happen if she takes her "racism" to such absurd levels?

I guess I'm just tired of people trying to shut everyone else up.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That might just fall on deaf ears.  They'll just ignore her and move on to the next perceived slight by the next public figure.  I think she needs to take the offensive...really give them something to talk about until maybe just maybe, they'll come to the realization that these demands for apologies for every little thing, are mostly just ridiculous.

I mean, what's really gonna happen if she takes her "racism" to such absurd levels?

I guess I'm just tired of people trying to shut everyone else up.

It's not public protest against ignorant, bigoted speech that I mind, it's the not knowing where to draw the line & when to just ignore it & let it be. 

Some things just don't rise to that level of poutrage, but nobody seems to be able to make such common sense judgement anymore.

Had Madonna come out & blatantly said something like ".... them stupid n*****s..." or the equivalent, sure, some public outcry would be warranted. Or better yet, a public shunning of her, her music, concerts & any other products she's associated with by those who are offended.

If enough people were offended enough to do that, she'd be punished financially.

But all this shrill screeching by people, many of whom don't even associate with people outside their own ethnicity is pretty nauseating.

On the other hand... they have as much right to protest speech as others have to engage in the protested speech to begin with, so.... on & on it goes.

Just tune it out.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 5:47pm
The apology craze ( "You don't need to mean it, you just need to say it") is so overdone that it means nothing. Almost seems an outgrowth from those who grew up playing 'My Little Pony' - espeially by those that 'demand' an apology (ConfusedPaWSez,"....'scuse me? f**k you...").
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Besides, a large number of her friends & associates are blacks in the music industry who likely use the word "nigga" themselves. 
That is one my chief complaints and gets me in trouble all the time with employers of that piece of slang - and when it is black-on-black, you reap what you've sewn.
Anytime I hear it, I challenge it (absolutely despise it), however, I find 'wigga' funny (don't use it).
"WHAT was that? I'm sorry, I didn't hear you..."   
MissyDWolf lets it pass; she's acceoted by youth more than I am.
She says you have to understand them.
I say they are about as bright as a box of rocks and I don't need to understand a thing - and I will remember them if they come to me looking for a job (but I've been known to be merciful).
I say young blacks using that term are dropping themselves a rung lower on the ladder of equal rights and acceptance by other civilized races.
And, oh yea -  pull up your pants and straighten that hat up (but you don't need to apologize for your appearance - I can laugh it off).
PaWism #6: Don't even think of asking me to apologize for my response to you - think about what you are doing and what you are creating when you open your mouth.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:53pm
Just to add a little humor to the subject....Maybe I should APOLOGIZE in advance.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:12pm
^ I've seen that.

Or one of the "episodes".

Funny stuff.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic