Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stupid Activa Yogurt Commercial with Reba Mcentire
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stupid Activa Yogurt Commercial with Reba Mcentire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stupid Activa Yogurt Commercial with Reba Mcentire
    Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

If I had my choise of the lesser of two evils, I'd rather have Reba hawking Activia Poo-Poo Yogurt than that wrinkled old douche Jamie Curtis. :-/

I ask out of curiosity, do you have something in particular against Jamie Lee Curtis? Her activia commercial are enough to garner anger, but you sound like theres something else.

(Activia commercials are so ridiculous I'd hate myself if I starred in one. Wouldn't hate the check, though)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 3:52pm
If I had my choise of the lesser of two evils, I'd rather have Reba hawking Activia Poo-Poo Yogurt than that wrinkled old douche Jamie Curtis. :-/

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 9:28am
I know this is considered blasphemy in the country world, but I've just never liked Reba's annoying accent and slightly inbred-looking face.

And now they're asking me to picture her grunting having trouble pinching off a deuce? Sorry Activia - just can't do it!
BranenJ View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BranenJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 8:50am
I love Reba, loved her show and think she's a great singer, but I cringe at her accent saying "mmm so thick and creamy" or something
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2014 at 6:55am
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

This commercial is played to DEATH on I'D channel! Enough already! Who cares what your insides feel like Reba?!
ClapAmen!That's what I've been thinking everytime I see this piece of crap!Reba,I love your music,but,please do us fans a favor and keep your day job!
Julie
sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 4:13pm
Why do middle aged women seem to have so much trouble pooping? The commercial world suggests strongly that they do.
Chipster View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 6:21am
An vapid, cross-eyed country moron pitching a yogurt product that makes women poop. How inspiring. Why not just show Reba hooked up to an enema bag instead? Bet she'd really warble then!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 2:50am

That commercial doesn't show here (which means I've probably doomed us all by mentioning it).

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 2:46am
Speaking of "true crime" shows, I was also subjected to this one multiple times over the weekend while watching Forensic Files reruns on HLN.

Reba hasn't had a major hit in several years and her second attempt at a TV sitcom last season did bomb, but I wouldn't say she's as washed-up as Michael Bolton, Nelly, Nicole Scherzinger and other former chart-toppers we've seen making fools of themselves in commercials lately.  As for why the "butch lesbian" crowd likes her, she has been pretty open in the past about the affection she has for her LGBT fans.  I'm not a rabid fan, but do like a number of her songs and respect her immensely as a person, largely because she's stayed true to country music, unlike her contemporaries like Shania, Faith and Martina McBride who raked in the cash going the Celine Dion route.

However, this commercial is pretty dumb, especially when the three ladies (I also have not seen the version with Travis Stork) start dancing with the smiley-face signs over their tummies.  That's just too corny.

forever mom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forever mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 2:33am
Thank you thor. I wasn't able to find anything either. Guess I shouldn't have the curiosity since that's what killedthe cat lol
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by forever mom forever mom wrote:

Anyone know who the brunette is?

Nobody, apparently.  The 'net only makes reference to the three "stars".

forever mom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forever mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 3:16am
I'm familiar with Reba, not a country music fan but like her. I'm familiar with Laila she is an incredible female boxer not to mention the daughter of "the greatest fighter of all time. Float like a butterfly sting like a bee." I'm also familiar with Travis Stork. I too watch the ID channel alot and have seen the commercial many times. However not once have I seen Dr. Hottie Stork. It's always been Reba, Laila and a very slim brunette that resembles singer Sarah Barellis. Anyone know who the brunette is?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:24am

I couldn't name even one of her songs.  If I'm going to listen to country, it's gonna be stuff from the 50s and 60s.

There might be some exceptions.  I get a kick outta Toby Keith's Red Solo Cup.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  I didn't think you were cutting her down.  I was just saying that there's not much reason to feel sorry for her.  She'll be going another 20 years.  In 10 years, she'll be getting called "a country music legend".

I like a lot of country music, though I'm not a huge Reba fanatic(Tremors is awesome though). That said, you're right, she DOES have the stature and longevity that the "country legend" title will indeed be bestowed on her at some point.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 7:50pm

^  I didn't think you were cutting her down.  I was just saying that there's not much reason to feel sorry for her.  She'll be going another 20 years.  In 10 years, she'll be getting called "a country music legend".

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Poor Reba! She had a career in music... fizzle fizzle.... then a tv show... fizzle fizzle.. she even did a few movies... fizzle fizzle... Now she joined the constipation club with Jamie Lee Curtis.  Kind of makes you wonder who's next.

She's done alright for herself.  Been around a long time.  One thing about country stars, unlike most rockers or TV/movie stars, age doesn't kill their careers.  Also, they can usually go on for a long time, and not become cliches.

I hope my post wasn't misinterpreted. It wasn't meant to cut down Reba. Frankly I thought she did a good job of acting in "Tremors", I only saw the tv show once, but it seemed okay. I never cared for country music, so I don't feel I should comment about that.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 12:39am
That works.
Travis Stork, haven't a clue. Betcha he got some ribbing in school.
Always liked Reba's accent.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 12:32am
Laila Ali is Muhammad Ali's daughter. She's pretty much the one recognizable name in the sport of women's boxing. No clue who Travis Stork is. Maybe they just put him in the ad to goof on his name.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 12:28am

^  Okay, try again.  I replaced it.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 12:08am
"This video is private" Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 1:16am

Here 'tis, I guess:

I think I'm supposed to recognize these people, but the only one I recognize is McEntire.

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 11:54pm
I saw that ad for the first time today.  Three things I hate about this ad are:

1.  Belly buttons.

2.  Singing about TUMMIES.

3.  It's ANOTHER yogurt ad!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:40am
Papa, please tell me you'd like to feel her insides through, like, an incision or something. I'm guessing at this stage of her game all other methods of entry would require some of that magic yogurt.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:51am
Haven't seen it.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:56pm
I have no problem with Reba herself (other than that name) but I find some of her fans to be a tad annoying.

I understand she's popular with the butch lesbian crowd for some reason.

I wonder if a lot of country music fans started naming their daughters Reba when she was still hitting it big.

Probably.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic