Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NOOOO!!! Military Channel changes name, mission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NOOOO!!! Military Channel changes name, mission

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 1:23am
^^ I'd like to see some footage of the Soviet Union's fiasco in Afghanistan.Their version of our Vietnam.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 2:20am

Right now, I'd like to watch something on the history of the Ukraine and the history of Russia.  There's way more there than any 2-hour documentary is gonna tell me, but I'd at least like to get the history as it relates to what's going on there right now.  CNN sometimes comes through with this sort of thing.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 12:58am
You won't see any on this channel. It's called "American Heroes Channel". Why they still show "Nazi Occult", I have no idea.
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

You won't see any on this channel. It's called "American Heroes Channel". Why they still show "Nazi Occult", I have no idea.

Well you have to understand that Discovery sees the definition of "american heroes" as wide ranging, encompassing anyone from Donald Trump to Honey Booboo (a TRUE "american hero" LOLWink)
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 5:45pm
Why can't they just call it what it is TRS? "Totally Random S**t" channel!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 1:41am
Well, there's about 20 channels off the top of my head that are t.r.s. MTV, TWC, VH1, Lifetime, A&E, Spike, SyFy, CMT, E!, Bravo, Esquire, TLC, History, etc. etc. They show too much CRAP. Back in the 1990s these channels would show programming related to the name of the network. MTV had Music Videos, CMT had country music videos, TLC was a learning channel, Weather Channel was 24/7 weather, and A&E was arts/entertainment, not stupid reality. I have loads of Touch of Frost, Sherlock Holmes, etc. on VHS tapes taped off A&E in the late 90s. Back when Biography was on every Monday night! 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 9:15pm
Another channel totally abandoning their niche!

I still remember when TNT had more variety than a few shows and reruns of Bones, Castle, and Supernatural!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2014 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

Yesterday, I found that Animal Planet was showing the former Discovery Channel staple Dirty Jobs...although I did see an animal in it (a rat in a storm drain that Mike Rowe was cleaning).

Is that how loosely they're clinging to the animal concept these days?

Might as well just fill the channel with straight-out sitcoms and have a official annoucement saying "You know what? Human beings are technically animals too - if you don't like it - you can suck it and change the channel!"
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 12:45am
Frankly, I prefer the Animal Planet pre-new logo, it was about animals 24/7 and it was fun and entertaining. Now it has become downright dull and predictable.

It sucking f**ks!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Another channel totally abandoning their niche!

I still remember when TNT had more variety than a few shows and reruns of Bones, Castle, and Supernatural!

They have plenty more variety than that....they also have reruns of Law & Order(the original), Charmed, The Mentalist, and Smallville!;-)
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:13pm
^^ Lately, TNT is showing NBA basketball at night.Dead Doubt I could name 5 teams.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

^^ Lately, TNT is showing NBA basketball at night.Dead Doubt I could name 5 teams.

That's March Madness for ya.

Basketball will be seen on CBS, TBS, TNT, and TruTV that's what was displayed on the logo for the promos of March Madness!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic