Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yet another idiotic Yoplait commercial...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet another idiotic Yoplait commercial...
    Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 2:22pm
WILL THEY NEVER END????????

Yoplait seems to be attempting to corner the market not on yougurt sales, but on idiotically conceived commercials. What is it with this company anyway????

Are they just a bunch of morons or do they think people who eat yogurt are???

Obviously they have some data that suggests the vast majority of yogurt eaters are women, hence the dominant "chick" theme in all their ads.

This particular one just riles me because it's so stupid in so many ways.

First of all, the "chick" (Andrea Rosen whoever that is) who is supposedly on a diet & has "already lost some weight", obviously doesn't even need to be on a weight loss diet to begin with. Nothing more annoying than some already slender woman yammering about needing to lose weight. Shut up & have a cheesburger, nitwit!!!

Then there's the part where the typical dumbass guy overhears her talking about all the different kinds of "desserts" she keeps in the fridge when we all know she's really talking about the "wide selection of delicious Yoplait flavors" available in your grocer's dairy case, & not the actual desserts themselves (wink wink), so he proceeds to open up the fridge & starts digging around like a confused animal looking for all the aforementioned treats, but to no avail.

Cry 

Nothing in there but several strategically placed, lined up across the front of the shelf, label facing out, containers of.....(can you guess?)..... YOPLAIT YOGURT, of all things.

"Golly, I Didin't see that coming!!!" Confused Nosiree.

And of course, they couldn't resist throwing in the part at the end where she turns to him digging thru the fridge & says "Babe, (I guess she has to say "babe" so she doesn't sound so much like a bitch) what're you doing?" To which his response of course, is to just stand there with a dumb, confused look on his face.

I wish I could make him turn to her & bellow.... "What the hell is to YOU what I'm doing???? Can't I even look thru my own damned refrigerator without you interrogating me???? Now shut up, get off the damn phone, go to the store & buy me some real food to eat or I'm gonna cram all this stinkin yogurt down your throat, then divorce you, ya friggin ding-a-ling!!!!."

Yet one more example of a good product with stupid, crappy commercials.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

fourstringdrums View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourstringdrums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 10:13pm
Yeah I think there is a thread dedicated to this woman called "Yoplait Witch" or something like that. 
Dad! The cable is out again CAN YOU FIXTH THIT!?
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 6:35am
She is SOOOOO nasal: "Yehhhhnnnnsterday. . . "

And the way she accuses her husband of doing something wrong.  She's not really asking him what he's doing; she's basically telling him to stop. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:01pm
Exactly. Like she's in charge of the refrigerator & he needs her approval before he can look thru it for something to eat, & from the looks of it, there isn't anything in there a normal guy would want to chow down on anyway.

I wonder what else he needs her permission for. She probably tells him what clothes to wear, what he can watch on TV, what music he can listen to & when he can use the bathroom.

Probably even when he can speak.

He looks like an emasculated, pussy-whipped pansy-ass who deserves it anyway.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:16pm
I don't know... he is just gaping into the open refrigerator, without a clue.

And I could be wrong, but I imagine that he is capable of going to the store, himself, and picking up a couple of cans of manwich and some bulky rolls. 

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I don't know... he is just gaping into the open refrigerator, without a clue.

Well of course he is. He's a typical stupid guy, which in the world of TV commercials is the only kind of guy there is.

And I could be wrong, but I imagine that he is capable of going to the store, himself, and picking up a couple of cans of manwich and some bulky rolls. 

Sure he can. But why should he? He's probably busy outside cleaning out the rain gutters, mowing the lawn & completing the rest of his assigned chores.

Meanwhile she's inside gabbing with her gossipy-ass girlfriends on the phone all morning.

Besides, if she wasn't considerate enough to get him something other than cantalope, rice cakes, cottage cheese & asparagus to eat when she was at the store the first time, she ought to have to get up off her ass & go back. That way she won't forget next time.

She obviously needs to be trained.

LOL

C'mon, man!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:37pm
Nah.  She already quit while she was ahead.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:43pm
mmm'kay....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 2:56pm
I'm still disturbed by the size of the guy's mouth.  It's like a quarter slot.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:01pm
It used to be normal sized, but after years with her it's started to receed from lack of use.

If they have male children, they'll likely be born without mouths altogether.

Some kind of genetic natural selection thing happening there.

C'mon, man!
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 7:35am
i hate this witch im' so glad i'm not alone...her tone when she asks him what he's doing is so accusatory!!! Like, is he not allowed to go thru the fridge?  Ugh, i hate commercials that perpetuate the sterotypes of dumb man/ harpie wife!
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic