Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

eharmony.com and Dr Neil Clark Warren

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clark4958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eharmony.com and Dr Neil Clark Warren
    Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 2:46am
I can't stand this creepy old guy hawking his dating website.  He reminds me of Orville Redenbacher.  Plus I read some interview where he said he didn't think it was possible for gay people to have lasting relationships.  

On top of this, I tried to register for the site about two years ago after getting separated.  I spent thirty minutes taking a compatibility quiz, and when I listed my status as separated, it said it didn't accept memberships from separated people (only single or divorced).  Thanks for telling me before I wasted half an hour.

I also hate that "This will be" song in the spots, although they don't seem to use it quite as often anymore.
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 2:57am
He used to show up regularly on "Focus on the Family" and other Christian-based radio programmes.

His website is basically Christian Mingle without saying it until it's too late.

Irony of Ironies, his company now has a same-sex parter-finding website. Apparently his morals mean less than money.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
clark4958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clark4958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 3:30am
Heck with him.

match.com foreverWink
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 7:47am
I met the woman I will marry in May on eHarmony.com.  She was mental as f*ck for 3 years, and finally fixed her sh*t.  Not as magical as Dr. Neil Clark Douchebag likes to claim, that's for g*ddamn sure. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 1:02pm
Neil does come off as a total creep. There was a long time when this douchebag was off the air, but he started appearing again last year. I prefer this creep remain off the air.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

He used to show up regularly on "Focus on the Family" and other Christian-based radio programmes.

His website is basically Christian Mingle without saying it until it's too late.

Irony of Ironies, his company now has a same-sex parter-finding website. Apparently his morals mean less than money.

It seems there were lawsuits, and Warren settled out of court by setting up a gay dating service as he didn't want to deal with all the litigation.

I never understood why this business was supposed to also provide gay dating services.  I wouldn't be surprised if atheists were as behind the lawsuits as gays were.

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 5:23am
The worst commercials, which didn't seem to run for long thank God, were the ones where they would show the happy couples on a date and he would be on the date with them. I think they were supposed to be "funny". Can't stand the guy's you know-what eating grin.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 7:08pm
He's just another Jim Lange ripoff wannabe.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

Has he hooked up any gal with a serial killer yet?

Bachelor #1 was serial killer Rodney Alcala.  He was convicted for seven killings, but is believed to have killed more---maybe 130.  He was already on a killing spree when he appeared on the Dating Game.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 11:18pm

My neighbor just showed me this eHarmony dating profile:

She loves cats.

hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 3:06am
I chuckled at Neil Clarky Warren saying "love letters" on his latest commercial. I imagine Frank Booth sending him a love letter... straight from his FU%KING heart!!
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 3:10am
I prefer to use Lowered Expectations to hook up with cat lovers.

iampinkcherry View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iampinkcherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 3:58pm
He's very creepy, how was HIS marraige??? And, his granddaughter is annoying as hell too with her bland, uncomprehensive and whiny voice!
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 4:05pm
They're showing him on the "Speed Dating" ad lately. I tell you what though, if I saw him hanging around the local park on a Sunday morning, I might be inclined to call the cops. Sinister looking guy that he is. 
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 4:53pm
Two different characters on the show Justified say never trust a man with three first names.

Neil Clark Warren.

Yep, I'm with the Justified folks.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
moe_greene72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moe_greene72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 10:22pm
He's beyond creepy. He's pedophile creepy! He's getting on in years, so hopefully we won't be seeing him much longer. 
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 3:00am
Originally posted by clark4958 clark4958 wrote:

I can't stand this creepy old guy hawking his dating website.

I can't stand him, AND all dating website commercials.
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 9:08pm
The one that gets up my nose is the commercial featuring an aging biker and his blond squeeze (might be Our Time or something like it). That guy looks as though he might have tetanus. He smiles (if you can call it that) through clenched teeth and he exudes a very creepy and sinister aura. In the ad, he takes Blondie on a camping trip and he has that awful snarl on his face as they head for the tent. You just know that the next shot should be of lots of yellow and black tape around the trees and men in white coveralls taking photos and dusting for prints. 
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 3:10am
f**k this creepy Elmer Fudd asshole and his sh*t website!
dskyyksd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskyyksd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 9:02am
What does it even mean when Neil Clark Warren says E-Harmony couples have more chemistry?  I guarantee you there's as much chemistry involved in domestic violence as there is in hearts and flowers.  He can't lose!  
Cat Fud View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Fud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Bachelor #1 was serial killer Rodney Alcala.  He was convicted for seven killings, but is believed to have killed more---maybe 130.  He was already on a killing spree when he appeared on the Dating Game.

I joined eHarmony a couple of years ago, and began corresponding with one of my "matches". He seemed nice from his e-mails and lived in my local area, so I agreed to meet him for a drink after work.

"John" looked like his photos and everything seemed okay until we sat down at the table. He then announced to me that his wife (not ex -- he was still legally married but separated, which he didn't disclose in the e-mails) had a restraining order against him. Then he went off on a tirade about what a b**ch "Judy" was, as I sat there with my mouth hanging open. I hardly touched the appetizers or wine.

After about 25 minutes, when he wouldn't change the subject, I pretended that I got an emergency text from home and had to leave.

"John" sent me an e-mail later that night, telling me how "thrilled" he was to meet me and wanting to make plans for our next "rendezvous". I sent a short but polite reply, thanking him for his time and wishing him luck, but "I don't think we are a match."

A few days later I received an e-mail from eHarmony, telling me (in legalese) that "John's" membership had been terminated, and if I chose to continue communication with him, I was doing so at my own risk, and eHarmony was not responsible for anything that might happen.

Needless to say, I canceled my membership and never looked back. If I were looking to date again, I think I'd have better luck going to bars!! Ouch
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 6:24pm

That's crazy!!
I remember watching that show, I was so easily entertained back then.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Cat Fud Cat Fud wrote:

I joined eHarmony a couple of years ago, and began corresponding with one of my "matches". He seemed nice from his e-mails and lived in my local area, so I agreed to meet him for a drink after work.

"John" looked like his photos and everything seemed okay until we sat down at the table. He then announced to me that his "wife" (he was still legally married but separated, which he didn't tell me in the e-mails) had a restraining order against him. Then he went off on a tirade about what a b**ch "Judy" was, as I sat there with my mouth hanging open. I hardly touched the appetizers or wine.

After about 25 minutes, when he wouldn't change the subject, I pretended that I got an emergency text from home and "had to leave".

"John" sent me an e-mail later that night, telling me how "thrilled" he was to meet me and wanting to make plans for our next "rendezvous". I sent a short but polite reply, thanking him for his time and wishing him luck, but "I don't think we are a match."

A few days later I received an e-mail from eHarmony, telling me (in legalese) that "John's" membership had been terminated, and if I chose to continue communication with him, I was doing so at my own risk, and eHarmony was not responsible for anything that might happen.

Needless to say, I canceled my membership and never looked back. If I were looking to date again, I think I'd have better luck going to bars!! Ouch
I have some good dating stories, it's tough for guys too.
For me, while dating, only 1 out 10 was worth pursuing a relationship with.
I remember one date in particular, I had a heavy heart from a break up with a girl I really liked.
I met her for a movie, "As good as it Gets".
She was very nice but short and heavy.
After the movie, we were in my truck. I'm thinking, God dating sucks.
She says to me, I'm soooo horny......I'm cheap and easy but I have a little self respect so I sent her on her way. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic