Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KFC Go Cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KFC Go Cup
    Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 6:42pm

Hey, KFC...just to avoid overly sensitive types, you might want to stay away from implying that fried chicken is irresistible to this goofy black guy. Not to mention that the Go Cup looks like something you'd buy in a Casey's General Store.
Sponsored Links

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 8:50pm

Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 10:38pm
What kind of stupid stereotype is loving fried chicken, anyway? Very few people don't like that stuff! That's as stupid as "Hey, you all know white people like roast beef, don't ya?"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 1:16am

Whenever I hear "Go Cup", I think of the Charmin' ad "Enjoy the Go".  And then, of course, I think of 2 Girls 1 Cup.

Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Whenever I hear "Go Cup", I think of the Charmin' ad "Enjoy the Go".  And then, of course, I think of 2 Girls 1 Cup.

It makes me think of a nurse shoving a plastic cup in your face saying: "Go and fill it up!" 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 3:50pm

^  Which is what might happen if you eat this KFC stuff.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2014 at 3:56pm
Say out loud "I wanna Go...." then spell out the word "cup"... Shocked

Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 6:15am
I used to date a girl that lived RIGHT there!
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW but I wish I did!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh you're SO FUNNY, KFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 2:02pm
^ Do I detect a note of sarcasm in there?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Dr. John Dorian Dr. John Dorian wrote:

Wow... what an asshole.
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 3:54am

^  Which is what might happen if you eat this KFC stuff.

Surely you don't mean a number 2!
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 1:36am
I hate this stupid trend of commercials making it look like people are making a blog video or whatever. I think Crest or some other brand of toothpaste does that too and it's stupid. You're telling me this guy loved the crappy little KFC basket of crap SO MUCH he had to whip out his camera phone and make a video right then and there? 
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 7:29pm
That "jerky/choppy edit" look of this commercial annoys the crap out of me (and why I don't watch people's vlogs on YouTube; 99.9% of them do a similar type of editing job).
maskddingo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskddingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 11:40pm

Oh man, both this and 'Enjoy the go' rank right up there with Craftsman's  'Made to Make' (and other various ways of using the verb 'make' in commercials without being specific as to 'what' is being 'made'). Around here, 'making' means taking a dump.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 11:55pm

^  Some cousins (whose father was from PA, too) used to use that term in the same way.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Autumn Autumn wrote:

I hate this stupid trend of commercials making it look like people are making a blog video or whatever. I think Crest or some other brand of toothpaste does that too and it's stupid. You're telling me this guy loved the crappy little KFC basket of crap SO MUCH he had to whip out his camera phone and make a video right then and there? 

They think they're being cool trying to reach the kids with their "youtubes" and "reddits" and "GIFFING". Ugh it's such pandering BS it irritates the sh*t out of me. They DO realize that the majority of people consuming youtube videos of this nature aren't even old enough to drive themselves to KFC, right?

"Oh those kids don't trust advertising these days, what do we do?!"
"They trust amazon reviews, and blogs, and VIDEO BLOGS OMG"
"Let's make an ad that looks like a video blog. They'll have to trust us then. FLAWLESS LOGIX"

Except they always do it in the way of someone obviously older trying to be "hip" with the kids. It never works!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
maskddingo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskddingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 2:52am

^  Some cousins (whose father was from PA, too) used to use that term in the same way.

Add another to the list. Just saw a commercial for Dish network and something that they are offering called 'the hopper'.

Around here, 'the hopper' is slang for 'the toilet'.
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 6:00am
There's another one now with two girls in a booth passing their phone back and forth to record each other raving about their food. The shakiness makes me sick, not to mention the annoyance factor and that I'd want to slap them if they were doing this in the booth next to me.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 3:45pm
I am a simple guy. Just show me what's on sale, or what is in the cup and the price. With them saying how good it is, and if I tried it and it wasn't any good. Then I would not be returning. I don't deal with liers
rosary View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 5:29pm
Don't eat that chicken in my car. No breading bits and flaked off tidbits of brown coating in my car. When he bites into it, and says ummm, I cringe because I can't stop thinking about that mess all over my car seats. Those wedges have coating that  makes a mess too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic