Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Vacation & Cat Attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Vacation & Cat Attack
    Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 9:36pm
This is a long one.Sleepy

The family vacation to Pennsylvania went well -- I even ran a 5K track-race with a bunch of college & high-school kidsThumbs%20Up -- in spite of the fact that we had this big, black storm-cloud looming over our heads -- our engine blew in Sparta, Kentucky, which is right near Cincinnati, only 5½ hours from our destination.  We were having car problems before we started.  Three weeks ago, I had to go an hour out of town.  On the way back, which I only had about 20 to 30 minutes left to go, I noticed the needle fluctuating between the "C" & "H."  When I left my house it was not doing this.  I don't know much about cars, so I pulled over at the next gas station, figuring I just needed to pour in some coolant.  I bought a bottle of coolant, but couldn't pour it in right away.  So I figured I'd just hang out until the engine cooled.  This couple pulled into the gas stall next to ours & the man happened to be a mechanic.  He carefully opened the cap & poured in the coolant & water.  What he found was this little tube or hose that connects to a box behind the firewall.  Somehow, this box must have fallen out, causing the tube to detach, which is how I lost all my coolant.  Incidentally, my husband was in China, so I couldn't call him to drive over & take a look at the car.  Anyway, the mechanic had a small plastic item that he used to plug up the hose & then secured it with electrical tape.  This was only a temporary fix -- he said we'd be okay to get home, but said the first chance I get, take the car to have this fixed or else I run the risk of my engine overheating, resulting in having to get the engine replaced.  I made it home okay.  When I finally got to talk to my husband later that day, he said as long as I'm still showing "cool" I'm okay.  He said he'd look at it when he got home, which would be in five days.  For some reason, he didn't think what this guy said sounded right.  When he got home & looked at the engine, he acknowledged that there was a serious problem, & this guy was right, but said he'd be able to fix it, rather than paying someone else to do something he's capable of doing.  He never got around to it, & the day we were leaving for PA, I was out running some last-minute errands, when the engine overheated.  Luckily, I was only five miles from home.  A nice man stopped to help us -- not a mechanic this time, but still helpful.  He poured in some water & said we'd be okay to get home, but strongly advised we take the vehicle to have it looked at, especially since we were driving it all the way to PA.  Of course, I'm pretty upset & my husband is acting as if I'm overreacting!  He was just like "Keep calm -- it's no big deal.  We'll just take water with us & we'll be fine."  Now, my husband is one of the most intelligent people you'd ever want to meet -- has a master's degree in engineering from M.I.T.  But when it comes to stuff like this -- & he knows a lot about cars -- I sometimes wonder.  So now our car is sitting at a garage in Sparta, KY, awaiting a new engine, which is on its way from PA, & should arrive sometime today.  We conveniently died at the bottom of this hill, off I-71.  This guy stopped to help & it turned out he's a mechanic.  He towed our car to his garage, which is up the hill from were we broke down.  After he towed us, he drove us to the Cincinnati Airport, where rented a car to get to PA.  We weren't sure if the car would be up & running for us to have picked it up on the way home -- this depened on finding an engine.  Since it wasn't ready, we had to drive the rental back to Houston.  So now my husband's going to have to fly out to Ohio next weekend (we're pretty sure it'll be ready by then) & then drive it home.  My husband didn't want to fly in the first place or have my gett he car serviced by a professional since he didn't want to spend the money, & look what all this has cost.  He feels like an idiot & has learned his lesson from all this -- when you're busy & there's a car problem, take it to a mechanic before it escalates into something like this.Angry

Now, for the cat attack story.  Yesterday, we went to the kennel to pick up our cat.  These people were taking forever to get her -- another woman was picking up her cats & she was waiting, too.  It seemed as if they were releasing all the dogs first, then cats last.  My husband was getting very impatient.  So we decided to take it upon ourselves to get our cat.  We had already paid, so all it was was a matter of opening her cage & putting her in her carrier.  I found were our cat was being kept & she was really happy to see me.  She was purring & rubbing her head on my hand.  My husband held the carrier while I tried to get her into to it.  She resisted, as she typically does when I try to put her in it.  Whenever this happens, I manage to force her in.  Now she was starting to get even more stubborn than usual, & I figured I'd end up with some holes in my shirt & scratches on my arms & chest since I was wearing a short-sleeved, open-neck t-shirt.  Nothing prepared me for what was about to happen -- I guess the cat wasn't smart enough to realize she was being put in the carrier because she was going home; it was just the idea that she was being put in another box, again.  So she did this complete turnaround & grabbed for my face.  I literally had my cat hanging onto my face with her nails, which had been clipped not too long ago.  It was one of the most awful, scariest experiences in my life.  It felt as if my face was being ripped off because I was trying to pull the cat off of me with her claws imbedded into my face.  I had visions of losing an eye; I still get a sick feeling thinking about it.  In fact, there is a mark near one of my eyes where the skin must have been just lightly swiped by a nail.  Anyway, I was screaming, terrified "GET IT OFF MY FACE!"  Then I finally managed to pull her off & slammed her down on the counter.  It happed so fast, my husband didn't realize what had actually happened.  I was so shaken up & upset (when I went to the ER later, the nurse asked me if I have blood-pressure problems, which I don't).  Luckily, my cat is up-to-date with all her shots.  I had a nice, deep bloody gash on the left side of my face, right on the side of my mouth.  There's a small mark a little above it on my cheek, underneath the inner corner of my left eye is a red mark (the one I first mentioned), & underneath it the skin is red.  She also got a hold of my right ear, which, during the attack, I thought she was going to grab my earring & split my ear.  So we got home & I figured I'd just clean the wounds & bandage them, but we went to ER -- it's one that's not in a hospital & they're never busy so they attend to you quickly.  Since I hadn't had a tetanus shot in 13 years -- another animal attack story -- they said I'd need one.  I also had to get my face & ear stitched up.  They said that with cat scratches, there's a high rate of infection involved.  They also gave me an antibiotic shot & prescribed an antibiotic, & recommended eating yogurt.   In spite of all this, we still have the cat -- I don't fault her.  Going into that carrier was traumatic for her.  She's a very sweet cat & the only times she's ever displayed any aggression is when my kids' friends are too stupid to leave her alone when she's hiding somewhere.  She has hissed at them & tried to scratch a hand, or lept out, but no animal likes to be cornered & they've been warned.Unhappy 

Told you guys this was a long one!Smile            
Sponsored Links

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 9:52pm

O.M.G.!!!!!!!

Sue, that must have been excruciatingly painful!CryCry How awfull for you!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 10:15pm
Sue, I think your hubby and my hubby are related.....LOL

I'm so sorry about what happened to you with your cat....feel better soon, and put Neosporin™ on those gashes...Hug

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2008 at 11:41pm
Go on a trip with coolant system problems??  Yikes.  Just the idea of being stuck on the side of a freeway bites.  Well, at least your husband learned his lesson.  And hopefully, he also learned that experience is not always the best teacher.

As far as the cat...I learned a while ago that, it's not usually a good idea to pick up a cat when there are other cats around.  They panic, as they feel defenseless.  Somehow, cats don't always get it that you're their protector.  Mallory's grabbed my face, claws out, once or twice when I've tried to pick him up in the vicinity of the evil and malevolent Sneakers (who, in reality, couldn't really care less about Mallory).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Go on a trip with coolant system problems??  Yikes.  Just the idea of being stuck on the side of a freeway bites. 

Gotta agree there.

No offense but you both need a good scolding for that one. You got an expensive lesson that, fortunately for you wasn't even more expensive in terms of what could've befallen you out on the road like that. NEVER go on a long trip in a car with a potentially serious mechanical problem like that. I'm wondering if the missing piece wasn't part of your car's heater which uses hot water from the radiator to heat the air from the fan.

As for your cat, a little suggestion if I may....

In a situation like that where a cat may be scared, pick the cat up by the scruff of the neck (yeah I know they say not to, but in rare situations it isn't going to hurt them) & hold them out away from you. You have more control over them because they can't grab you with their claws. Also, I've noticed that there seems to be some instinctive thing in a cat that sort of calms them down when they're being held that way, as if they harken back to being carried around that way by their mother.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 12:59am

Sue, I hate to pile on what Thor & Jimbo already mentioned, but that wasn't the best thought out trip. I hope this mechanic is honest and doesn't put some junkyard engine in, and charge you guys mega bucks.

Glad you're back, though. Next time, think rental car.Wink 
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 3:40am
Thank God you did not have any issues with your safety on that trip.

My sweet little Tigger, who in 16 years never so much as scratched my son (who tried to pick him up by the tail and other things little boys do), turned on me once while waiting at the vet's office.

I noticed they shed like a sumbitch when they're afraid, too!

Glad you're okay.

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 4:46am

Good heavens, Sue!  You have my sympathies on both scores (or scars, in the case of the kitty claws).  You are now due to win the lottery.

Glad you guys made it home.

Love endures all.
SunnyBunny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunnyBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 5:46am
SWEET JEEBUS, SUE!  I'm glad you're gonna be ok!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 7:06am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I noticed they shed like a sumbitch when they're afraid, too!

I thought I was imagining that, Faith!  Also seems to happen when I hold them against their will (which I do on a regular basis---as I feed them, give them treats, give them lots of attention, give them a warm house in the winter, a cool one in the summer, full in-out access, and goddamnit, if I wanna pick them up a few times per day, I'm going to, whether they approve or not!)

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 7:09am
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

Good heavens, Sue!  You have my sympathies on both scores (or scars, in the case of the kitty claws).  You are now due to win the lottery.

Well, not to sound too negative, but don't these things happen in threes?  LOL

suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Go on a trip with coolant system problems??  Yikes.  Just the idea of being stuck on the side of a freeway bites. 

Gotta agree there.

No offense but you both need a good scolding for that one. You got an expensive lesson that, fortunately for you wasn't even more expensive in terms of what could've befallen you out on the road like that. NEVER go on a long trip in a car with a potentially serious mechanical problem like that. I'm wondering if the missing piece wasn't part of your car's heater which uses hot water from the radiator to heat the air from the fan.

In a situation like that where a cat may be scared, pick the cat up by the scruff of the neck (yeah I know they say not to, but in rare situations it isn't going to hurt them) & hold them out away from you. You have more control over them because they can't grab you with their claws. Also, I've noticed that there seems to be some instinctive thing in a cat that sort of calms them down when they're being held that way, as if they harken back to being carried around that way by their mother.

Jimbo, thanks for the suggestion on how to pick up a cat.  I'll have to try that the next time, although I'm scared to even attempt to put her in a carrier again!Cry

Actually, my husband is the one who deserves the scolding for the car mess.  He knew there were problems before we even started on the road, even though I kept telling him that I didn't think we should've taken the car on trip until we had the problem repaired.  Once he gets something in his head -- he was convinced we'd have no problems on the road -- that's it; no matter what I say, it doesn't matter.  And because I'm just the stupid woman who knows nothing about cars except how to drive one & put gas in it, I have no business giving him car advice.  It sounds like a terrible thing to say, but as we were leaving home, part of me felt like I almost wished something would've happened (well, not really -- no one wants something like this to actually happen) just to teach him a lesson.  He has accepted full blame for what happened.Angry
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Sue, I hate to pile on what Thor & Jimbo already mentioned, but that wasn't the best thought out trip. I hope this mechanic is honest and doesn't put some junkyard engine in, and charge you guys mega bucks.

Glad you're back, though. Next time, think rental car.Wink 

This mechanic had been trying to find us the right engine at a decent price.  He found one, but wanted to see if he could find one at a better price.  We found one through a reliable source -- a mechanic in Pennsylvania who my husband's brother knows & trusts.

I agree -- this wasn't the best thought-out trip.  Get this -- if we had used a rental on our trip from Texas to PA last year, our car would've been under warranty.  We were 800 miles over the limit!Cry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

Jimbo, thanks for the suggestion on how to pick up a cat.  I'll have to try that the next time, although I'm scared to even attempt to put her in a carrier again!Cry 

When I posted that yesterday, I think I should've said "tends to make them submissive", rather than "calms them down". Or maybe both. It just seems to me that when you pick a cat up by the scruff of the neck, they seem to go into a kind of submissive state where they just kind of hang there like "OK, I give up. Ya got me. Nothing I can do now."

As for your husband's acceptance of responsibility for the car, now is the time to remember one very important thing....

NEVER LET HIM FORGET IT!!!!!! LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 2:22pm

As for your husband's acceptance of responsibility for the car, now is the time to remember one very important thing....

NEVER LET HIM FORGET IT!!!!!! LOL

Sue, you can definitely use this situation as leverage in all future vacation plans....Evil%20SmileLOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 2:40pm
And he'll have no one to blame but himself.

She should make him curse the day he decided to drive with a leaky radiator hose henceforth & forevermore for the rest of eternity. LOL

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 3:23pm
OW OW OW OW OW - Sue, you poor thing! What a traumatic story - on all levels.

My cat is limping with her right foot (paw?) being held up. My husband went to see if she had anything stuck and she hissed BIG time at him (I don't think I've ever heard her hiss). I have to call the vet - she probably has an abcess. I don't relish this visit - but I thankfully found a vet that does housecalls. Good suggestion to anyone with cats - find a vet that comes to the house!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 6:32pm
Hilly & Jimbo, I am definitely going to use his screw-up to my advantage.  Now, not in the sense of "Well, you f**ked up the car, so now you owe me" kind of thing, but where if he dares to get on my back about something, I have this to throw in his face.  Since this was such a big thing, I didn't overreact & kept my cool, except for the one day, last Wednesday, where I snapped at him.  He had asked me to call Kia Motors regarding our warranty status & I was getting this huge runaround from the automated phone prompting.  I have no patience when that happens & he said "Oh, I guess this means I'll have to call since you're obviously not capable."  Man, was I pissed!  I slammed down the phone & barked "Well at least I'm not the one who screwed up the car!"  Then, after slamming the front door behind me, I walked off down the road & sulked.  I'm so glad this was his mistake, not mine because I'd never hear the end of it.Angry 

What I should've done in the first place was taken the car to a garage anyway, but if I did I'd have heard his stupid mouth.  A few years ago, another one of our vehicles had a problem while I was a couple of hours out of town visiting my parents.  I can't remember what it was, but it concerned me & I took it to get it checked.  He was pissed that I didn't consult with him first & that I wasted his money, blah, blah, blah.  I was so mad at him.  I was travelling alone with two young kids & no cell phone.  With this recent incident, I should've protested & insisted on not getting in the car until he got it fixed or got us a reliable vehicle.  Thankfully, when we broke down, it was still broad daylight.  This could've happend later that night.  His thinking was that the car would be able to make it to PA & he'd get it fixed there -- this was because he was in too much of damned hurry to get there instead of being sensible.Wacko

Madawee, if I can't find a vet who'll make house calls, I am at least strongly considering a cat sitter the next time we go away if we can't take her with us. 

My cat incident, as well as some of the ones you guys have posted about, should be a lesson to these nuts who insist on keeping wild animals as pets, especially the large ones.  Animals are so unpredictable -- this was just a 14-pound cat.  Imagine if this was a tiger -- if not dead, I'd be severely maimed.OuchDead    
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 6:51pm

Hilly & Jimbo, I am definitely going to use his screw-up to my advantage.  Now, not in the sense of "Well, you f**ked up the car, so now you owe me" kind of thing, but where if he dares to get on my back about something, I have this to throw in his face.  Since this was such a big thing, I didn't overreact & kept my cool, except for the one day, last Wednesday, where I snapped at him.  He had asked me to call Kia Motors regarding our warranty status & I was getting this huge runaround from the automated phone prompting.  I have no patience when that happens & he said "Oh, I guess this means I'll have to call since you're obviously not capable."

Sue, I'm sorry to say this, but he sounds really abusive. Confused
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 7:17pm
Ewwwwwwwww..........we need to have a talk in the ladies' room.  Don't take that down-talking from anybody, my friend.

My hubby and I got into a spat over something (I don't even remember what it was)....what I do remember is my leaving the room and him saying "bitch" under his breath.  I told him "yes, and I'm a damned good one too."

That night, I started packing my clothes and got a credit card out of my nightstand.  He said, all alarmed "Wha-What are you doing???"  I told him I was going to a hotel that night.  He said "But why??"  I said "BECAUSE I'M A BITCH!!!"  He apologized his butt off.

It never happened again.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Hilly & Jimbo, I am definitely going to use his screw-up to my advantage.  Now, not in the sense of "Well, you f**ked up the car, so now you owe me" kind of thing, but where if he dares to get on my back about something, I have this to throw in his face.  Since this was such a big thing, I didn't overreact & kept my cool, except for the one day, last Wednesday, where I snapped at him.  He had asked me to call Kia Motors regarding our warranty status & I was getting this huge runaround from the automated phone prompting.  I have no patience when that happens & he said "Oh, I guess this means I'll have to call since you're obviously not capable."

Sue, I'm sorry to say this, but he sounds really abusive. Confused

Oh, yeah -- he definitely sounds abusive.  He has too sharp of a tongue at times & can be downright mean, but I dish it right back at him.  Then he accuses me of being mean & spiteful.  Whatever -- he had it coming.  I'm vindictive -- I have my way of getting back at him & enjoy every minute of it when he deserves it.Evil%20Smile  Actually, he's a pretty good guy & has a lot of redeeming qualities, but when it comes to money he can be a royal pain in the ass.  And he knows he shoots off his mouth too quickly & then feels bad afterward.  Still, if someone has made me feel bad, I hold a grudge & don't just get over it just because this person apologized.  I remember this time when I didn't talk to him for two days.  But back to the money issue, I'm currently looking for a job & it'll be nice to bring home a paycheck.  I'm at that stage in my life where my kids, although they still need me & I want to be home for them in the evenings & on weekends, are getting older & I'd really like a little financial independence.Smile 
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 8:25pm

When you get a job, open up an account in your name.  Agree in advance on what bills you are to pay, so he doesn't become a PITA with your cash. 

Max and I have joint accounts, and what's mine is his and what's his is mine.  It's nice to have that understanding.  We consult each other on purchases.

If Max was like your hubby with cash, we'd have boundaries drawn and separate accounts.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 8:57pm

Since this was such a big thing, I didn't overreact & kept my cool, except for the one day, last Wednesday, where I snapped at him.  He had asked me to call Kia Motors regarding our warranty status & I was getting this huge runaround from the automated phone prompting.  I have no patience when that happens & he said "Oh, I guess this means I'll have to call since you're obviously not capable."  Man, was I pissed!  I slammed down the phone & barked "Well at least I'm not the one who screwed up the car!"  Then, after slamming the front door behind me, I walked off down the road & sulked.  I'm so glad this was his mistake, not mine because I'd never hear the end of it.Angry 

Hubby 'sounds' more patient than me also. I get pissed when I get those automated phone prompts. Verizon is one of the worst, there isn't a number to press for an actual "real" person.Angry

I can only imagine the tales being told around the water cooler when Hubby got back to work.Wink
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 9:34pm
It's wise to have your own money! It makes things so much easier. We split the bills, and he has his dough, I have mine. If he wants to buy a guitar or whatever - it's HIS money. If I want to blow $200 on makeup, it's MY money. We established that right off the bat and it's a very smart move.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 1:17am

What I should've done in the first place was taken the car to a garage anyway, but if I did I'd have heard his stupid mouth. 
Madawee, if I can't find a vet who'll make house calls, I am at least strongly considering a cat sitter the next time we go away if we can't take her with us. 

You know, the worst thing about the whole situation is that you probably could've safely made that trip without going to a mechanic if he had just taken the time to make sure that the temporary fix was secure & would hold.

It sounds to me like the thing was on the verge of coming undone & he just didn't feel like doing anything.

Had he put some more duct tape around the end of the hose where the plug was then put a hose clamp on it tight enough to make sure it didn't fall out & drain your radiator water, you probably would've been fine.

He most likely could've made the car drivable for virtually no money whatsoever & just a few minutes of his time & effort.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic