Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apple - Misunderstood/Harris Family Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple - Misunderstood/Harris Family Holiday
    Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:26am

90 seconds of crap music and a emo/stoner looking kid staring at his Icraphone,  the parents and grandparents crying...really? My parents would have taken that thing away from me for being disrespectful.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 2:54am

That was torture.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 3:24am
At the most it's sappy.

I wish that kid would get his face outta the iPhone!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 6:32pm
What the hell is this sh*t??
1. You have no clue who the hell the commercials for until the last second with the flash of the apple logo or what the hell they're selling..I've seen this commercial several times over the past week or so and never caught who it was for until today.
2.the kid is creepy and looks like he could be a school shooter. It is a boy right???

Just show your products apple and put some cool music to them you've been good with that!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 7:07pm
Confused...if THAT was for an Apple product, well, I had no idea - completely missed it, didn't understand it.
They should've used this song (which *should* be Apple's theme song)  - then I could have at least GUESSED and told them. "wrong" .
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
maskddingo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maskddingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 7:24pm
They make it out as if we haven't had any way to record home movies before the iphone.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by maskddingo maskddingo wrote:

They make it out as if we haven't had any way to record home movies before the iphone.
LOLLOLLOLTHAT is 'pure genius'! Love it! Thanks MD! 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 8:54pm
If this were a real Apple sponsored Christmas, everybody would be staring into their screens rather than interacting with their fellow human beings. Then of course, rather than enjoying supper with your family, film it on your iPhone and take a thousand pictures to put on Facebook.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:14pm

Upon watching it a second and third time, I don't hate it as much.  The kid, as annoying as he is with his face constantly in his hand-held device, redeemed himself.  It turns out he's not really being anti-social---he's being social and family-oriented in a different way.  He's probably more awkward than anti-social.

In the real world, though, it'd more likely be as Zach said.

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:37pm
Has anyone confirmed if the kid is a dude or a dyke yet? I can see this creepy f**ker wearing a trench coat and stealing his fathers shot gun and shooting up a school if he doesn't get what he wants for christmas.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:39pm
I like it...still the crApple is crap, though. It's a nice bit of misdirection like "Hank". We think he's just buried in his phone, but he was actually saving and putting together memories of the holiday for his family to enjoy.

And yeah, we get it Dirt, you don't like how he looks. Personally, I think he looks fairly average.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Dirtdog Dirtdog wrote:

Has anyone confirmed if the kid is a dude or a dyke yet? I can see this creepy f**ker wearing a trench coat and stealing his fathers shot gun and shooting up a school if he doesn't get what he wants for christmas.

LOL

He might seem to be a Klebold/Harris type, but at least he's doing something somewhat productive with this oft-misused technology, even if it is a CrApple product.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Upon watching it a second and third time, I don't hate it as much.  The kid, as annoying as he is with his face constantly in his hand-held device, redeemed himself.  It turns out he's not really being anti-social---he's being social and family-oriented in a different way.  He's probably more awkward than anti-social.

In the real world, though, it'd more likely be as Zach said.

I agree, and why does Dirtdog have a hategasm for this kid? Chill out dude!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Brad View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 3:07am
Saw it for the first time tonight.  I don't hate it, but I think after the 100+ showing of it, I might.
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 3:17am
Ads that are overly emotional (especially sad commercials), usually don't come across to well in my mind.  They usually just piss me off, or make me want to ignore the commercial.
ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 2:15pm
It's a sweet sentiment, but when it comes down to it, he was still the kid with his face shoved in a phone during the whole family holiday. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 2:37pm

Originally posted by ShinyGreenApple ShinyGreenApple wrote:

It's a sweet sentiment, but when it comes down to it, he was still the kid with his face shoved in a phone during the whole family holiday. 

There'll be a few people like that where I'm going for Christmas dinner tomorrow.  The thing is, these people are adults.  One in her early 20s, one in her mid-30s, and one guy about 38.  Even while they're eating, their devices are right there in front of them.

The one in her early 20s has acknowledged that, as she says, "old people think it's rude".  That made me realize that maybe this behavior is considered perfectly normal among young people.

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 11:20pm
CBS and ESPN killing me all day with this f**king commercial! Can't a guy just watch some college hoops and some bowl games in peace without being bombarded with this sappy sh*t! Christmas is over Apple ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 3:44am
I think the 90 seconds is what pisses me off the most.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 3:54am
Originally posted by ShinyGreenApple ShinyGreenApple wrote:

And if it'd been a real camera/camcorder, would you feel the same?

I think it's more a case of people hating the device, rather than what anyone's doing with it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 4:37am
I have no problem with this commercial. When I first saw it, the kid annoyed me because he was buried in his phone...until we all saw at the end what he was really doing with it. It was nice and he redeemed himself.

The thing about the ad that irks me is the song. Oh, sweet Jaysus, that song! Who told this skank she could sing? She sounds stoned out of her hipster mind and is not following the music. Because of that, the ad gets muted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic