Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash
    Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:05am
I know the title reads like a hoax, but it's real. Paul Walker was riding in his friend's new car when his friend lost control and crashed, killing both men. It's a shame. While I haven't seen any of his other works, I like the Fast and Furious series, and past 2 have been 2 of the best action movies of recent memory(also a rare example of a movie series that has gotten better and better, with 5 and 6 being better than the prior installments). Part 7 was still in production, wonder if his parts had finished filming...

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/paul-walker-fast-furious-star-reportedly-dead-40-025930737.html
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Sponsored Links

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:24am
So sad.

RIP. Cry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:42am

A bit 2 fast and a bit 2 furious, I guess.

RIP to him.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:48am
Yeah, somebody posted that on my other forum.

The driver was probably driving like an idiot.

Brand new Porsche.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:45am
Forget general decency, and propriety, but when someone who's main career is starring in movies that promote reckless driving, car-worship, and gratuitous explosions dies as a result of reckless driving, car-worship, and an over-the-top explosive end....I'm sorry, but you have to at least chuckle.

Still, rest in peace to both of them.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:54am
Sad

R.I.P.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:35am

Actor Paul Walker — a self-styled adrenaline junkie.

Yea, right. "Professionally trained"?

Irresponsible driving in public and risking the safety of others? I'm not impressed or surprised. Even though he was a passenger I will bet he didn't beg his buddy to slow down - now they both get to wake up dead and everyone is screwed - car down the tubes, no useable parts for resale. 

Firefighters spray water on the wreckage of the Porsche that crashed in Valencia, Calif., on Saturday. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:41am
I never saw any of the Fast and Furious movies. I only know him from "Joy Ride" and "She's All That."
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:26am
I didn't follow the series...even if there was no fire, I doubt it was surviveable. What a mess!
RIP
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:36am
^There's another picture going around with heavy flames on the car.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 2:20pm

If they're just putting out the flames in the above pic, does that mean the bodies are still somewhere in that mess we're looking at?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 2:58pm
It looks like there is a greenish tarp covering possibly remains. With damage like that even a person that is strapped in could be ejected.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:13pm

^  I don't see that, but in some homemade video I watched, the amateur videographer does mention a blanket on the ground.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:30pm
You don't see what looks like a tarp covering part of the wreckage?

Do a Google image search of the crash photos & you'll see one where it's more obvious.

They usually use yellow ones, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:39pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You don't see what looks like a tarp covering part of the wreckage?

I can't tell a lot of what I'm looking at in that mess.  At a quick glance, I thought that red thing (the hood) sticking up, was a surfboard.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Okay, there we go.  In the other pic, I thought that might've been the convertible top torn off the car.

One report said there were donut marks near the scene.  I can't imagine they would've been doing donuts there, though.  It happened feet from the site of the car show.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 10:54pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izo05i61YiU

Some of the youtube comments bust on these guys for not trying to help, but they were already beyond help.   
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 2:38pm
Horrific. That picture gives me the creeps.

RIP. Way too young.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 3:50pm
Well, as they've been saying all these years.... speed kills.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:11pm

Right now, people are putting him in the same category as James Dean and Marilyn Monroe and legendary actors who died young.  I'm not going for it.  When I heard of his death, I didn't even recognize his name.  He's probably mainly recognized by fans of Fast & Furious.  Besides, he didn't have much of a persona.  Was he even a celebrity?  Granted, I don't know all the celebrities-of-the-moment, but he's been around long enough that I shouldn't have had to look him up on the 'net just to see what he looked like.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:19pm
^ Exactly.

People nowadays are so afflicted with celebrity worship, they'll jump at the opportunity to hoist anyone up on a pedestal, no matter how little they've done to merit it.

James Dean, thru the roles he played, was on the cutting edge of an entirely new era in film making, not to mention the coming social revolution that was about to explode.

This whatsizname guy just made a bunch of cheesey fast car stunt films.

People are so easily impressed nowadays.

I wonder how long it will be before they start doing the same with the Kardashians....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

This whatsizname guy just made a bunch of cheesey fast car stunt films.

"Whatsizname" is right.  My neighbor, who'd actually seen a few of the F&F movies, referred to him yesterday as "Chris Walker".  His girlfriend had to correct him.  Granted, "Paul Walker" is a pretty forgettable name.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:25pm
Apparently, it shoulda been Paul Walking.

Cause if he'd been walking, he'd still be alive today.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:52pm
The speed limit was 45 in an area with buildings all around. I'd guess they were going at least 70.
Two grown men in a performance vehicle, the driver should have known better. They are supposed to be skilled beyond any of us. Be careful who you get into a car with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic