Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greenies Dental Chews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greenies Dental Chews
    Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 10:42pm
I LOATHE this commercial. No one in their right mind wants to hear kids screaming! That stupid music annoys the living hell out of me too.
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 10:48pm
Christ, my eardrums Angry

Was it really necessary to have those wailing banshees in a commercial for a pet hygiene product??
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 10:55pm
That girl at the first scene, god...damn that HURTS MY EARS!

A little tip to Adtards making future commercials, in order to not annoy potential customers. Do NOT I repeat DO NOT use that sound! It is PAINFUL.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Amy414 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 11:00pm
These advertising tactics piss me off to no end. Yeah, you got my attention, A$$HOLE. And you know what? I will never ever buy Greenies Dental Chews for my dog because of that commercial.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 11:28pm
My Sadie dog will eat almost anything and she hates these, Tess, too, maybe because it's suppose to be good for them.

The only time I bought them some I threw them on the floor, they ran over to get it, they sniffed and turned up their nose and walked away.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 11:28pm
Screaming aside, pets don't know what day it is. If you really cared about their teeth shouldn't you already be giving Fido dental chews. 
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 12:58am
Our Beagle, who passed in April, LOVED Greenies. He would sit there and eat the whole thing in one sitting. Strange, he would pass up some treats, biscuits, and those hard "long-chew" bones...but GREENIES, never! God, how I miss that pooch...)-;
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:25am
What kind of child in their rabid ass mind would get that phucking excited over a toothbrush?
A SODDING TOOTHBRUSH FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!
OuchCryAngryAngryAngryCryOuch

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:35am

^  That's kinda the point.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:08am
I seem to recall reading something a while ago about a law being passed banning commercials from using sound levels above a certain point?

Or did I just dream that?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I seem to recall reading something a while ago about a law being passed banning commercials from using sound levels above a certain point?

Nope, you didn't dream it. It was called the CALM act. It said commercials couldn't be louder than the highest sound on a TV show.

It seems they're disregarding that.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Nope, you didn't dream it. It was called the CALM act. It said commercials couldn't be louder than the highest sound on a TV show.

It seems they're disregarding that.

Wikipedia says:

After issusing regulations, The FCC began enforcing those regulations on December 13, 2012[5][6][7] after a one-year grace period.[8]

Bulls***!!!

And if they really are enforcing this and commercial makers really are being penalized for harassing viewers, what that says is that torturing us so that we "remember their product" is more important than any fines they incur in the process.
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

Our Beagle, who passed in April, LOVED Greenies. He would sit there and eat the whole thing in one sitting. Strange, he would pass up some treats, biscuits, and those hard "long-chew" bones...but GREENIES, never! God, how I miss that pooch...)-;

I feel you--I lost my German shepherd in February, and he would about lose his mind when I would get out the Greenies box. I would do anything to see that excitement again.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 3:14am
Ads with loud screaming children need to not exist.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic