Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kmart Grandma on repeat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kmart Grandma on repeat
    Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 4:03pm
I loathe this commercial and it's on all the damn time! Why is Grandma on repeat? It's annoying. Is it supposed to be funny, or are we not supposed to notice it? I'd rather see the Joe Boxer jingle dance than this crap!

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 4:14pm

Grandma repeats herself a lot these days?

"Where am I, again?"

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 5:32pm
YOU FOUND IT! It IS real!
I woke up to this crime-mercial about a week ago - gve me an instant headache!
Been looking for it ever since.
Thanks to this commercial, I don't believe I will enter a K Mart paking lot to even simply turn around.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

YOU FOUND IT! It IS real!
I woke up to this crime-mercial about a week ago - gve me an instant headache!
Been looking for it ever since.
Thanks to this commercial, I don't believe I will enter a K Mart paking lot to even simply turn around.

It is a crime-mercial! And I get a headache from it too. It's just not clever or funny!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 6:44pm
I've seen it, not damn funny at all!

I think the commercial executives at Kmart, have officially lost their minds!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 10:09pm
Haven't seen this on TV yet, and hope I never will! "Crime-mercial" is a great term - can't believe I haven't heard of it until now!

I'm truly stupefied as to why they thought rewinding Grandma 4-5 times with the same annoying whooping sound being repeated was a good idea.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 10:17pm
I watched a movie preview of Office Space. It was more entertaining than this stupid commercial!
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 4:47am
This commercial is completely and utterly TERRIBLE.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 3:12am
OMG there's a new one where a mother dances and throws a pocketbook outside of a house. This was on mute!

Please for love of God MAKE IT STOP!
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 1:59pm
And there's ANOTHER one after that as well. Parents are in the kitchen doing some dance I think on repeat and the kids are looking at them weird. Maybe I wouldn't mind the repeat thing IF the noise wasn't repeated! I can't stand it. I think I may actually tell Kmart to knock it off! 
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 5:35pm
If I saw my grandma dancing and whooping and hollering like that, I'd think it was about time she went off to the home for her own safety, cause there's evidently a couple marbles loose.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

And there's ANOTHER one after that as well. Parents are in the kitchen doing some dance I think on repeat and the kids are looking at them weird. Maybe I wouldn't mind the repeat thing IF the noise wasn't repeated! I can't stand it. I think I may actually tell Kmart to knock it off! 

Good grief, I as an unfortunate soul, just saw that one! One of the kids stupidly called it "gifting out". I don't get it, why does Sears get the funny ones, yet Kmart gets all the crappy ones, when it comes to commercials?

I think this commercial series will put them out of business.

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 12:49am
Oh, there's another one, now.
There's two douchebags in somebody's drive-way flailing and jumping through the air while giving off what I can only identify as an owl hoot sound repeatedly.
laurenp2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenp2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 6:26am
I have to agree those Kmart commercials have made me never want to shop there. I can't stand them. I consider them at the top of worst commercial list. I also hated their Christmas ones the last couple years.
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 1:50pm
Came here to comment on these stupid "Gif-ing" out commercials.  A lot of gifs annoy me anyway but these really top it, and they're on constantly.  
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 8:55pm
Well the Kmart in Waterbury closed, it's only a matter of time before the one in Torrington closes. Oh well the only silver lining is they'll stop airing these insipid ads!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Oh well the only silver lining is they'll stop airing these insipid ads!

K-Mart here has been closed for over a decade and they still air K-Mart ads.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Well the Kmart in Waterbury closed, it's only a matter of time before the one in Torrington closes. Oh well the only silver lining is they'll stop airing these insipid ads!

Ha! I used to live in CT! Shelton and then Plymouth. Unfortunately, the Kmarts are still here where I am in FL. These commercials have really begun to anger me, I might go postal! 
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 2:16am
I don't get what 'gifing out' even means. All I see are people acting stupid and it didn't stop with grandma either. This one is also just as bad if not worse.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/754E/kmart-gifing-out-on-the-sidewalk 

If anyone even knows what gifing out means...I'd sure love to know. They must've had to pay these people a ton of money to act this stupid because I wouldn't act this way even for a thousand dollars.
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 4:07am
A .gif refers to an image that is basically an animation repeated. Usually some sort of video ripped from somewhere online and then animated as an image. I'd show you an example if I had any on my computer but I don't at the moment.

I believe that's what they're deeming this, based on that.

Really I just consider it plain and simple idiocy. The last one I saw featured two yuppies leaping through somebody's driveway while making a sound suspiciously similar to the noise an owl would make if it were being simultaneously strangled and sucked into a vacuum cleaner. Repeatedly.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 4:40pm
So that's what they're talking about. I've heard of a gif image but I didn't get the connection with that and this commercial. But what does that really have to do with saving money at Christmas? I mean to make a bunch of idiotic noise over and over and dance like an idiot just doesn't even begin to make sense. Even though I'm only going on 25, I think I'm getting too old to understand some of this stuff. Go on YouTube and look at some of the older commercials from the 70s and 80s, they actually made sense and some were even kind of cute. Now you have to be stoned in order to enjoy this crap. Since most people speak butchered English these days, I thought maybe they were saying gifting but it instead sounded like gifing.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 5:30pm
The one with the couple walking past the lady is the worst.

It's the way she has her head thrown back with her mouth open, going WAAAAAH-HA-HA-HA, WAAAAH-HA-HA-HA, WAAAAAH-HA-HA-HA over and over again while doing her leg jiggle thing.

Kmart adtards should be tied down and forced to listen to one of these gif-outs on constant repeat (and max volume) for the whole night - should make them think twice about making any more.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 6:01pm
I saw another K-Mart abomination last night that made me want to devolve into a pygmy marmoset and start throwing my own feces at the TV. AngryCryDeadCryAngry

I forgot who was "repeating" but it was quite loud & obnoxious -- MUCH more so than granny with her walker. Cry

!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

The one with the couple walking past the lady is the worst.

It's the way she has her head thrown back with her mouth open, going WAAAAAH-HA-HA-HA, WAAAAH-HA-HA-HA, WAAAAAH-HA-HA-HA over and over again while doing her leg jiggle thing.

Kmart adtards should be tied down and forced to listen to one of these gif-outs on constant repeat (and max volume) for the whole night - should make them think twice about making any more.

Is this the one you're talking about: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/754E/kmart-gifing-out-on-the-sidewalk

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 9:27pm
OMG that's the one I was talking about, the lady throwing the pocket book in the air! It's even worse in full sound!

Damn creepy too!

I feel bad for the 4-9 year olds who have to listen and see this freaky crap!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic