Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kmart Grandma on repeat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 9:28pm
So I decided to check out Kmart's facebook page to see if people are complaining about these aggravating ads. Turns out, a lot of people hate them too and are stating that they no longer will shop there. Kmart's only reply is that "We're sorry it's not your style" these commercials are NO ONE'S style!!! 
Sponsored Links

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 10:10pm
Wow, I was so totally engrossed in hating her screaming and stupid dance that I failed to notice the handbag being thrown or even the stupid "Gif out, girl!"

I just wish someone would come along and steal all their precious Kmart crap when these "people" start "gifing out"! That would actually make these commercials a little funny!

Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

So I decided to check out Kmart's facebook page to see if people are complaining about these aggravating ads. Turns out, a lot of people hate them too and are stating that they no longer will shop there. Kmart's only reply is that "We're sorry it's not your style" these commercials are NO ONE'S style!!! 

I took a look for myself - am truly baffled by how robotic the Kmart responses are. I mean, the general content of their messages are tailored for each comment (one asked which specific commercial someone was talking about when they mentioned their "latest commercial", for example), but all their replies are worthless and empty like what you mentioned when someone complains about their commercial or "We sincerely hope you reconsider" when someone comments they are no longer shopping there. WTF?

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 10:18pm
I must have missed all the others in the GIF-fing out series because I only recently saw the couple dancing outside their car one.

Ho-ly-sh*tballs. This is THE WORST! WTF do GIF files have to do with shopping? The demographic this ad is being targeted at won't even understand what a GIF is. Hell, even if you are intimately familiar with file types, it STILL makes no god damned sense. GIFs are short animations or just video clips without sound, with auto play, and much lower quality. They are NOT sped up and THEY HAVE NO SOUND. I know I tend to make the assumption that certain ads are made by middle aged, out of touch white dudes, but this one I'm willing to bet my life savings on.

It's like someone spent 10 minutes on Reddit, decided GIFs were a thing, and was like THOSE KIDS AND THEIR GIF FILES, THAT MUST BE THE "IT" THING. GIFs have been a thing since 1987 for f**ks sake. Just die already Kmart. Poor people can get their wares at Dollar General, don't you worry about them.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I must have missed all the others in the GIF-fing out series because I only recently saw the couple dancing outside their car one.

Ho-ly-sh*tballs. This is THE WORST! WTF do GIF files have to do with shopping? The demographic this ad is being targeted at won't even understand what a GIF is. Hell, even if you are intimately familiar with file types, it STILL makes no god damned sense. GIFs are short animations or just video clips without sound, with auto play, and much lower quality. They are NOT sped up and THEY HAVE NO SOUND. I know I tend to make the assumption that certain ads are made by middle aged, out of touch white dudes, but this one I'm willing to bet my life savings on.

It's like someone spent 10 minutes on Reddit, decided GIFs were a thing, and was like THOSE KIDS AND THEIR GIF FILES, THAT MUST BE THE "IT" THING. GIFs have been a thing since 1987 for f**ks sake. Just die already Kmart. Poor people can get their wares at Dollar General, don't you worry about them.

LOL that's EXACTLY what they probably thought! Shows how clueless they are!

BTW the animation reminds me of stop motion, or the choppy animation like on Road Rash 3. Except creepier
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

This one has been relentless tonight...it's on every five minutes. They sound like turkeys! I can't find it online yet but I'm sure it'll make its way on there pretty soon. But I still can't believe people actually made this crap. I really don't know who came up with these things but gifing out is the most RETARDED saying I've ever heard of it. We live in such a technology based world that nobody can take a break from it for five minutes so now we have to find a way to integrate it into the most stupidest commercials ever. The average person doesn't know what some of this stuff even means and then to use it in such a context that almost nobody would understand is even stupider.

Edit: Found it!! http://www.ispot.tv/ad/76VK/kmart-gifting-out

Apparently, whoever posted it...doesn't get it either XD
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Exactly.  I'm pretty sure it's an ingrained biological thing that annoying, repeated sounds are not enjoyed by anyone.  Otherwise, everyone would relish when a CD skips, would be soothed by little dogs yapping over and over, and would dance to the sound of ambulance sirens.  F*ck you, Kmart.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:22pm
[/QUOTE]
Exactly.  I'm pretty sure it's an ingrained biological thing that annoying, repeated sounds are not enjoyed by anyone.  Otherwise, everyone would relish when a CD skips, would be soothed by little dogs yapping over and over, and would dance to the sound of ambulance sirens.  F*ck you, Kmart. [/QUOTE]

This is perfect. I feel like stormy into all Kmarts with a repeated sound and see how they like it.
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:24pm
Another one of these commercials popped up. This time, with some "neighboors" on loop in front of their SUV.

We have separation of church and state, so why not separation of internet and old media?
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 7:34pm
Spinning Granny makes me have nerves. I guess any idiot can get into advertising these days.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 7:51pm
Damn their commercials keep erupting like an endless barrage of sewage. It keeps coming on and on and it stinks to high heaven!

Kmart CUT IT OUT! Or else I will stop shopping at your store until you stop this madness!

As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time I stepped foot in a Kmart store!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 7:57pm
Finally figured out how to post videos from iSpot D:

Anyway, here you go for those who missed my link earlier. This is the couple with the SUV acting stupid.

I really don't know whose clever idea this was, but I liked the post between separation between the internet and television. I'm tired of turning the TV on and feeling like I'm online all the time.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 8:11pm
I agree with the girl on the bike "What the...?"
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I agree with the girl on the bike "What the...?"

I would've said a lot more than that D:
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 8:28pm
Someone definitely needs to arrange a mass flashmob at Kmart's corporate headquarters doing nothing but making repetitive motions accompanied with Looney tune sounds. Preferably right in front of the entrance, so that when the adtards come out to stop them they can just tell them where to go and that they are only providing them with "free advertising".

JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 12:44am
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

Finally figured out how to post videos from iSpot D:

Anyway, here you go for those who missed my link earlier. This is the couple with the SUV acting stupid.

I really don't know whose clever idea this was, but I liked the post between separation between the internet and television. I'm tired of turning the TV on and feeling like I'm online all the time.

This one is absolutely terrible. I fumble for the remote whenever it comes on. 
Amy414 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amy414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 1:31am
Wow, these gif commercials are THE WORST, and how did I escape them so far? I'm glad people are complaining on Facebook to those Kmart idiots. I hate loud annoying commercials so much, but I don't make much sense because I come on this site and watch them... Well, at least I know who to boycott.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 2:07am
I still don't get what a computer image(s) has to do with black friday specials. Is it because you were stupid enough to spend money you didn't have to so you just get home and continue acting stupid? I will never get the connection.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 2:34am
It just isn't that complicated.
Those idiojuts are just all too excited to have finished holiday shopping at Kmart and they can't dance.
Kmart adclams were just trying to help you understand that even people without swag can save a ton, too.
What time you heading to Kmart?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 6:13am
What would happen if someone were to steal the gifers' Kmart stuff while they were stuck mid-animation? Would they still remain stuck for a length of time, or would they instantly snap out of it?

If a gifer moves away from a given spot during their animation, can you stick like a metal rod or something in the vacant space so that they get impaled by it as soon as they restart their animation? What if say a fly was moving through there at that precise moment? Would their DNA merge and cause mutations ala The Fly?

We need more info about "gifing" physics!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

What would happen if someone were to steal the gifers' Kmart stuff while they were stuck mid-animation? Would they still remain stuck for a length of time, or would they instantly snap out of it?

If a gifer moves away from a given spot during their animation, can you stick like a metal rod or something in the vacant space so that they get impaled by it as soon as they restart their animation? What if say a fly was moving through there at that precise moment? Would their DNA merge and cause mutations ala The Fly?

We need more info about "gifing" physics!

All good questions...I say let's run some tests, with the ad execs of these commercials as the gif-subjects.  I vote we try bear traps too.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 12:31am
Kmart is competing with Little Caesars to see who can crank out the most stupid commercials in a calendar year.
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 6:30pm
For that matter isn't it pronounced JIFFing out and not GIFFing out?  Madison avenue idiots can't even get that right.
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

Kmart is competing with Little Caesars to see who can crank out the most stupid commercials in a calendar year.

They've got a LOT of competition this year for that prize...
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 9:44pm
Going from their website and the FB site, they're truly sorry that people don't like it but they think they truly ACED IT.

It's like the awkward kid that thinks he finally did something to get into the "cool kids club" but he still managed to screw it up.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by catnapped catnapped wrote:

Going from their website and the FB site, they're truly sorry that people don't like it but they think they truly ACED IT.

It's like the awkward kid that thinks he finally did something to get into the "cool kids club" but he still managed to screw it up.

Or in this case, looked up a joke on the Internet he thought would make him the funniest kid at school, and then doesn't understand why he got beat up by the bullies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic