Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Perfect Polly **WARNING** your head might explode
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect Polly **WARNING** your head might explode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Polly **WARNING** your head might explode
    Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 8:10am

***WARNING***..

I watched this commercial and my head was literally about to explode. It was the most painful commercial I had to ever watch on television. I was squirming in agony I was watching the Abyss and this commercial came on. THANKFULLY only once.

I was literally in agony it was so ridiculously stupid.

What do you guys think? Confused   Dead

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
Sponsored Links

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:04am
I'll post it again, just because this is one of the worst product ideas I've ever seen...

"Grandma! You have a pet?!?"

"No honey, grandma is just becoming senile"

*plastic bird falls off of post*
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 9:21am
This has to win some kind of C I H award or something.

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 10:30am
Yeah, this one was discussed quite a bit when it first started airing. It's definitely a godawful commercial.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 11:11am
are those threads around , I would love to read them :D

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Yiffy Yiffy wrote:

are those threads around , I would love to read them :D

They are somewhere on the board, not sure how many pages back though. You can try the search function, search for Perfect Polly and see if it turns up anything(the search function is a little iffy sometimes though so it may not...)
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:57am
I did search for Perfect Polly when I came here to post this topic.  Nothing came up so I thought it wasn't talked about before.  Confused

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 1:30pm
Just some dimbulb that bought one of these asinine things (actually it was free since the lead time was so much longer than expected) and posted a review of the phoney-bologna fake plastic sodding stupid dead bird right here on CIH...LOL

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

Just some dimbulb that bought one of these asinine things (actually it was free since the lead time was so much longer than expected) and posted a review of the phoney-bologna fake plastic sodding stupid dead bird right here on CIH...LOL

In the youtube vid posted in that review the cat doesn't even think it's a real bird  It just rubs it's face on it to pet itself, lol.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Yiffy Yiffy wrote:

I did search for Perfect Polly when I came here to post this topic.  Nothing came up so I thought it wasn't talked about before.  Confused

Yeah, the search function doesn't always work well...and sometimes people don't put the name in the header either, so if the post about the stupid bird was titled "Can you believe this even exists?" it wouldn't turn up in a search either.

However, I did some looking, and I found what you were after! Here's one of the threads:

and here's another:

That should give you a bit of entertainment, hehe. I also love the reactions..."your head might explode" and "we all deserve to die"!
Redbeard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

In the youtube vid posted in that review the cat doesn't even think it's a real bird  It just rubs it's face on it to pet itself,

Cats rub on things to put their scent on them and mark their territory.

The cat knows it isn't real because it doesn't smell like a bird or have life-like features that real birds have.

The commercials do seem silly, but they're targeted at older people, and those people probably would like something this trite.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 9:49pm

This has gotta be one of the saddest products out there.  Depressing to think that someone would buy this, actually thinking that they might get some enjoyment or friendship out of it.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 11:46pm
I've seen this ad a couple times in the past few months - especially late at night. Worst. Direct-Response. Ad. Ever. NO ONE is going to buy this piece of crap!
AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:02am
I found this blogpost to be hi-larious.

http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/41/polly.htm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:15am

Originally posted by AlexanderCS AlexanderCS wrote:

I found this blogpost to be hi-larious.

http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/41/polly.htm

Did you find that site independently?  Just wondering if you're aware that that site is the work of our very own Tampon Submarine, who's posted right here on this page.

AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 4:53am
Months ago a friend of mine talked about seeing the ad, and I had found the blog post independently some time before that, and thought it was a scream.  I didn't read the thread here (obviously) but love that someone from this forum originated it.

I just remembered how much I loved the post and pasted in the link.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 5:23am

Small world, huh?

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 3:05am
It's the new year and well into January, and Perfect Polly is still fakely chirping on my TV screen. Every time I see that girl wake up to the fake piece of crap, I mute it!! 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 3:30am
I got one of these (FOR CIH SAKES, NOT BECAUSE I WAS INTERESTED IN IT!!!) and I hate the phoney-bologna chirping it makes......even my cat hates the sodding thing -- probably because it sounds fake and artificial!!! Ouch

I review the sodding phoney-bologna fake plastic stupid dead bird right here on CIH  if anybody is interestedSleepyShockedSleepy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic