Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What brought you to CIH?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What brought you to CIH?
    Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 9:50am
An ad for Celebrex had me so steamed, I did a search and behold. Other people who think commercials suck? I'm going to like this place. And, of course, the interesting personalities keep me coming back.Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 10:32am
It was this State Farm ad that used to be played constantly. I did a google search for "I hate State Farm commercial" just to see if anyone else was as annoyed by it as I was.

I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 11:35am
Boredom & lack of an actual social life.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 12:13pm
I didn't want to put you fine people through this.  Its to damn long and I hate the little letter figures.
WARNING: WATCHING THIS COMMERCIAL MAY CAUSE DEATH.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 12:45pm
I think that it was an advert. for something that came on while I was watching some douchenoozles throw chairs on the Jerry Springer show near the turn of the century. It might have been the Sobakawa Pillow where they used a fluoroscope that graphically showed the actress' mouthful of rotting teeth, or a Geico spot with the "siamese triplets" trying to fight over a woman. Their expressions and their angry/emotional/jealous dialogue were simply asinine; I changed the channel the instant this little gem came on.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 12:49pm
An over-run series of Old Navy fleece commercials brought me here way back when.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 1:18pm
Happenstance.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 2:01pm

I was looking for a song used in a Hewlett-Packard commercial.  I checked Youtube, but this was in the days when Youtube was a shadow of what it is today.  Then I checked Adtunes.com.  Eventually, I came upon CIH. 

So, unlike many here, I didn't actually come here out of hatred for commercials---in fact, I still don't get particularly outraged by them.  But I liked the banter here, so I stayed.

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 4:18pm
Repeat offender Erica Shaffer.  I saw her in one of MANY commercials she's in and thought she looked exactly like Patricia Heaton from Everybody Loves Raymond.  
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 4:37pm
I was looking for a fragrance-squirting vagina.

You know, that one air freshener they advertised the hell out of...every time I saw the ad, I kept thinking it looks like a woman's body with emphasis on her nether regions.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 4:46pm
^ Geez.

They should include a little pair of panties to put on that thing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 4:49pm
The use of doorbell sound effects especially when it had nothing to do with the "plot" of the commercial. I searched "commercials with doorbell sound" and discovered CIH. I love it here!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 5:05pm
I don't remember the actual commercial, but I remember coming to CIH before they had a forum, and after lurking for a couple of months I decided I liked the place enough to join!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

^ Geez.

They should include a little pair of panties to put on that thing.

LOL   I can see (sort of) the female form there.  But there is no crotch.
Crotchless panties!!   Wait a minute...with the skimpy under things the women wear these days, take the crotch fabric away and there is nothing left.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Boredom & lack of an actual social life.

Not to worry Jimbo, We ahve to go out into the real world to earn money.
Both of us would much rather be here. We are home bodies and enjoy our time at home.
CIH is a nice benny for hanging out at home.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 11:42pm

Pure accident, not fate - a 'finger-check' while researching an unrelated matter blessed CIH with me.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 11:59pm
A peyote hallucination.
I have 168 characters remaining.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 3:14pm
If memory serves me correctly, I think I got here through another website. This was 1999 I believe. Angry (aka Tampon Sub) and I are a couple of the original posters. 
The artist formerly known as Madawee

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 4:27pm
If I recall it was the T-Mobile annoying girly-girl who has thankfully been phased out.  The thread that came up in a google search was titled  "T-Mobile Annoying Leggy Girl" or something to that extent. I browsed through that and some of the other threads, and after reading some of the witty and hilarious rants I realized this was my kind of place.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

If I recall it was the T-Mobile annoying girly-girl who has thankfully been phased out.  The thread that came up in a google search was titled  "T-Mobile Annoying Leggy Girl" or something to that extent. I browsed through that and some of the other threads, and after reading some of the witty and hilarious rants I realized this was my kind of place.

Yep.

I remember that thread well.

Mainly because it was my thread.

Nice to know I had something to do with it.

Now...... you owe me.

C'mon, man!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 6:10pm
^^ I'll get you a date with Wendy Wink

I knew it was one of you regular long time members who made it, just couldn't remember exactly who.  And lo and behold, here 'tis:

http://forums.commercialsihate.com/leggy-t-mobile-4g-commercial-girl_topic9631_page1.html?KW=leggy

timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 10:54pm
I think I was searching for a particular commercial when there was discussion of it on the old board.  And there was also plenty to rant about then.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:30pm
Food Lion--Easter--Dressed up couple presents swaddled baby to relatives, it's a HAM. Hated it
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 1:26am
Believe it or not, it was a logo that got me here. Then I stumbled upon the comments which got me cracking up. So then I decided to sign up!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 9:25am
I wanted to see if others hated commercials as much as I do. The answer is a resounding yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic