Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eight more days to Halloween (2013)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eight more days to Halloween (2013)
    Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 12:56pm
(The above text is clickable; it only leads to a harmless .WAV file)

So, there are just eight more days 'till Halloween...are you going out dressed in any sort of costume?
Going to a rave or a discotheque?
Going Trick-Or-Treating?
Or just staying at home to hand out candy to Trick-Or-Treaters?

I'll just be a "house mouse" and hand out candy to the little ghouls & goblins (and Spiderman wannabees and Princess Leias and Incredible Hulks and Justin Beibers and Captain Kirks and robots and whatnot).

Our decorations will be somewhat sparse, consisting of my mother's scarecrow, and as many of my own Halloween-themed lights & decorations as I can scare up before Halloween
And weather permitting, I'll be firing up my Reke 500RGB Stage Laser Show Projector and directing it at the front of the house (there was light rain last Halloween, so I was not able to deploy it) -- that alone is sure to turn a few heads and cause a few double-takes. Big smile

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:11pm

The wife has plenty of decorations out for the season. We would hand out candy. The fact remains, the dog just goes ape sh*t when ever anybody comes to the door. So, sorry to the little chilluns, but stay away.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 1:44pm
It seems like Halloween has been forgotten this year around here.

I've seen virtually no decorations up anywhere & for the first time in years, I have not seen one single, solitary Party City "Thriller" commercial.

I feel cheated & ripped off. I look forward to October all year long, not only for the beginning of the cool weather, but for the Halloween decorations to begin appearing & those PC ads on TV.

For my part, I put my usual lighted plastic Jack-O-Lantern in the front window a couple of nights ago.

Otherwise, ho-hum.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:09pm

I wonder how many girls will be Miley Cyrus this year.  If they come to my door flicking their tongue in and out, I may have to offer them the treat they seem to be asking for.

Seriously, though---usually I have all my candy by now.  This year, though, I haven't thought about it at all.  I'll probably go pick some up last minute.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:34pm
I'm geared to go.

The little ones helped out with the pumpkin carving:

And my outdoor Halloween decorations are set:

As for the candy for trick or treaters, well ... I did have it, but:

So I'll have to improvise:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder how many girls will be Miley Cyrus this year.  If they come to my door flicking their tongue in and out, I may have to offer them the treat they seem to be asking for.

Seriously, though---usually I have all my candy by now.  This year, though, I haven't thought about it at all.  I'll probably go pick some up last minute.

Yeah... we know how you get your "last minute candy"....

Ahhhh, tradition.... LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:19pm

I was down low to slow on that one.  Nice Ins213....Clap

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:24pm
LOL  Jimbo,  Not nice. But probably accurate.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:33pm
I have my pumpkin, mums and a wooden pumpkin/ghost my sister in law gave us 16 years ago. We do this every year but we live in the middle of nowhere and haven't had any trick or treaters since living here. Sigh...

I did get a bag of Brachs candy corns.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:46pm

Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Not accurate.  I hold my cigarettes in my right hand.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:48pm

Like I said...tradition.

I've posted that pic every year at Halloween for the past 5 years or so.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I did get a bag of Brachs candy corns.

I'm gonna try to get a bag of their Indian corn.  That's the kind with the chocolate bottom segment.  For some reason, they're not as easy to find as the regular stuff.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Like I said...tradition.

I've posted that pic every year at Halloween for the past 5 years or so.

LOL  Its funny as hell the way you two go after each other.
This place is like an [old bag] of laughs.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:31pm
I love Halloween, probably my favorite holiday. This year it seems like Halloween was over about a month ago--really. So many stores, craft in particular, had the Halloween out by August and clearance in September. Just another holiday falling victim to the Christmas encroachment
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:08pm
Jimbo, it just wouldn't be October without that cartoon.  Big smile
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Jimbo, it just wouldn't be October without that cartoon.  Big smile

Agreed!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:26pm
^ Happy to be able to contribute to the festivities.

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:52pm
I really wanted to dress as Papa Lazarou this year, but...it's an English show (he's from) so not well known in the States, and Plus with the excessive sensitivities here, I think his look could be misconstrued...

Leaving that as an example, and a present for Ken. :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

...and Plus with the excessive sensitivities here, I think his look could be misconstrued...

I wonder if I'll have any Yolandi Vissers (of Die Antwoord) knocking on my door this year.

Forward to 20 seconds.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:18pm
I wish I could get a good view of those contacts...it looks like they actually sparkle.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:31pm
Cod, you live in NM, but your heart seems to be in England.  Do you have aspirations to live there someday?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 9:39pm
I could be wrong, but I think Cod speaks with an accent and the USA is not his original home.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder if I'll have any Yolandi Vissers (of Die Antwoord) knocking on my door this year.

Forward to 20 seconds.

Die Antwoord should be designated the official band of Halloween.

If I had the choice of going to any concert I wanted on Halloween, it would be them.

There would need to be drugs involved, though.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Cod, you live in NM, but your heart seems to be in England. Do you have aspirations to live there someday?
So long as the Labour party (Tory-lite) are in power that's about as likely as me becoming actor of the year.

I could be wrong, but I think Cod speaks with an accent and the USA is not his original home.
Well, I do speak with an accent, obviously; however, I was born in the Untied States of Amexico (As Pa would say it. :P)
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:53pm
Not doing anything.  The usual.  Holidays just ain't my bag no more.
I have 168 characters remaining.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic