Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Haired Sparkle Fairy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Haired Sparkle Fairy
    Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 1:32pm
All you have to do is see the commercial for Sparkle paper towels with the blue haired fairy chick.... no further explanation is needed after just seeing it.

Just an absolute insult to the eyes and ears, as well as an insult to everyone's intelligence.
Sponsored Links

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 1:35pm
You mean this one?

This is the first time I've seen it; I left my earphones at home yesterday so I am not able to hear the audio track.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 1:41pm
Dammitnow!
'Kerri the Fairy' is possibly the worst (apparently, intentionally) spokesthang around, these days - been meaning to start a thread about this for awhile, but luckily for me, I kept forgetting.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Niteshayde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niteshayde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 1:28am
What the hell? The sparkle fairy is the best thing to happen to advertising since "where's the beef?" I have a four year old son who wants to marry the sparkle fairy. Every time I'm in the store, he recommends I buy some sparkle towels because he wants the sparkle fairy to visit him. It's annoying, sure, but to me that's what good advertising is all about.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 1:38am
Well, you have got to hand it to them for advertising honestly.

"Our towels are cheap and inexpensive. Buy them."
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 1:59am

Originally posted by Niteshayde Niteshayde wrote:

What the hell? The sparkle fairy is the best thing to happen to advertising since "where's the beef?" I have a four year old son who wants to marry the sparkle fairy. Every time I'm in the store, he recommends I buy some sparkle towels because he wants the sparkle fairy to visit him. It's annoying, sure, but to me that's what good advertising is all about.

Maybe for 4-year olds she works, but they're not the ones making the buying decisions.

In fact, you'd better not buy any of those paper towels, or your son's gonna be really upset and disillusioned when she doesn't show up.  

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:34am
The Sparkle Fairy... another prime candidate for the "Simpsons shuttle to the sun" (remember that episode?)
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Well, you have got to hand it to them for advertising honestly.

"Our towels are cheap and inexpensive. Buy them."

Yeah, you gotta give em that.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:11pm
When my Grandson was about 2 y/o every time Flo was on TV he would stop whatever he was doing and stare at the screen like he was hypnotized. It was very disturbing.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:22pm
Okay that may be one of the more disturbingly bizarre things I've seen in quite a while Confused

Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

This is the first time I've seen it; I left my earphones at home yesterday so I am not able to hear the audio track.

Trust me, Angry.  Forgetting your earphones couldn't have happened at a more opportune time LOL  The music would put you into your bloody Q-tips in the toilet phase.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic