Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arby's Brisket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arby's Brisket
    Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 8:22am
If its done right, there is nothing much better than a good French Dip sandwich with au jus.
This big scruffy dirt bag is enough to make me want to avoid Arby's at all cost...Angry
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 8:34am
I to this day wonder what made Arbys choose Bo Dietl as a spokesman. Don't get me wrong, I respect his work as a detective and what he's done charity wise, but he seems such a random choice for Arbys...I mean did someone just wake up one day and think "Hey, let's get Bo Dietl to promote our food!"?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 7:00am
I can never understand what he says at the end. I think he's saying "It's a much tastier situation" but it comes off as sound "It gonna be a muchatasta situation" followed by the cut in laughter which was filmed separately because what he said wasn't funny when he said it. 
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 8:51am
It's still just a big hunk of processed beef sitting in a warming oven for 12-13 hours.

Real brisket is a beef shoulder cut, rubbed with spices, cooked on wood smoke for 8-10 hours. They cook the beef until it's falling off the bone. You certainly couldn't slice it thin with a machine, you have to pull it apart or slice it by hand.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 4:12pm
I hate how Arby's (or in Dietl speak, AUHbeez) is trying to act like they have quality ingredients. The whole sliced in store and smoked 16 hours or whatever bugs the sh*t out of me. Like, it's STILL hunks of processed meat coming into the store from a distribution center! It's not like they smoke it in store, which is what they want idiots watching it to believe, it's smoked in some huge warehouse smoke locker somewhere before being dropped on the floor, wrapped in plastic, and shipped out to AUHBEEZ everywhere.

Also Dietl needs a shave, ugh that stubble is awful.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 4:53pm
Dietl really bugs me - reminds me of the 'over-excited-dog-humping-your-leg' kind of person who unintentionally spits while talking, being in your face the whole while.
Thinlk he wants some tongue.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 10:38pm
With much of the brisket being practically plastic meat????????.
blyons200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blyons200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 6:55am
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

It's still just a big hunk of processed beef sitting in a warming oven for 12-13 hours.

Real brisket is a beef shoulder cut, rubbed with spices, cooked on wood smoke for 8-10 hours. They cook the beef until it's falling off the bone. You certainly couldn't slice it thin with a machine, you have to pull it apart or slice it by hand.

Being a BBQ pit master I couldn't let this go.

1. I am sure that "brisket" at Arbys is a big hunk of processed meat. That I'm sure tastes like crap and gives real BBQ a bad name.

2. Brisket is not a cut of the shoulder, pulled pork (boston butt/picnic shoulder) is a shoulder cut of the hog. Brisket is the chest muscle of the steer, two briskets per steer. The reason it is so tough is that it is used constantly as the cow walks, thus requiring long cooking time to break down the meat fibers and tenderize it.

3. Brisket is not cooked until it is fall of the bone tender because a) it has no bone and b) you don't want a brisket to fall apart. You need it to cook just right so you can slice the flat so it stays together when you slice it. It's very difficult to get that part right. I usually smoke  a whole brisket for 14-16 hours and then cut off the point and throw that on for another 2-4 hours to make burnt ends.

4. With Pulled Pork it is desirable to cook it to the point where it falls apart.

5. The shoulder cut from beef called  Beef Shoulder Clod is sublime and I like it even more that brisket when BBQ'd properly.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic