Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K-mart Sofia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K-mart Sofia
    Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 8:32pm
Some love her, some don't.....Sure, she's curvy, has nice hair, and has more money than all of us combined. Does she have to speak??  "No slate lions"
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 10:58pm
I kinda like it.

Mind you, I haven't seen this on the television yet, so if it gets overplayed I'll probably change my mind.

The rug thing had me in stitches.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 11:05pm
I wish I could see the visuals on here, because right now I listened to the.sound, I have no idea what's happening here!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 1:36am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Some love her, some don't.....Sure, she's curvy, has nice hair, and has more money than all of us combined. Does she have to speak??  "No slate lions"

I used to like her. She has now worn out her welcome like a cousin who needed a place to stay for a week and has exceeded 6 Months!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 8:00am
I f**king hate her. When I saw the Three Stooges movie I was enjoying it until she came on screen. Her accent always sounds like she's over doing it on purpose. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 2:21pm

^  She's a character actress.  That's what they do. 

Of course, I give her a pass on that mainly because I like her.  If I didn't like her, that character would be annoying.

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 5:11pm
To tell the truth, I assumed her 15 minutes of fame would be over by now...Confused
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 6:10pm
Still shopping in the kids department for clothes, aren't we, Sophie? God, somebody get this woman some clothes that actually fit her! Everything she wears looks like it's WAY too tight and about to pop off of her.

And while we're at it, gag her! Her voice and that overdone accent are grating.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Still shopping in the kids department for clothes, aren't we, Sophie? God, somebody get this woman some clothes that actually fit her! Everything she wears looks like it's WAY too tight and about to pop off of her.

I know!  Can you believe it?  Angry

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 8:10pm
Just shameful!  Evil Smile
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 8:23pm
I don't care how she looks, the constant overdone THICK MEXICAN accent makes me want to smash her face in with a nail bat!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 8:26pm
I just caught myself practiceing restraint.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I don't care how she looks, the constant overdone THICK MEXICAN accent makes me want to smash her face in with a nail bat!

it sounds Puerto Rican to me. There's several noticeable differences between those accents.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:23pm
She's from Columbia, and not South Carolina.  Good ear Cod.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:29am
I liked her better back in the 70s when she was known as CHARO!  COOCHIE COOCHIE! Wink
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:44am
She's hot when she's not speaking. The second she starts talking, she loses all her hotness to me. I can't stand any commercial she's in, unless it's just a picture of her.
"Out of all the worst possible things, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 1:25am
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

I liked her better back in the 70s when she was known as CHARO!  COOCHIE COOCHIE! Wink
Thing is, Sofia is a so-called actress and so-called comedian of questionable talent.

Charo, as I've pointed out before, was classically trained by one of the MASTERS of classical guitar, and is exceptionally talented in her own right.

Certainly, the television persona she made engulfed her early career, and She'll always be "coochie coochie" to many people, but at least she offers something to the world outside of it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

the constant overdone THICK MEXICAN accent makes me want to smash her face in with a nail bat!

She's from Columbia (I know, close enough, right?) and that is her real accent. But I've seen the same reactions before about Shakira and Charo, too. Maybe brutal violence to the face is the only reasonable way to make women "talk normal"...  Wacko
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 5:55am
Originally posted by SJames SJames wrote:

She's from Columbia (I know, close enough, right?) and that is her real accent. 

I don't doubt she has a Columbian accent, but I'm fairly sure she plays it up for her characters. Dezi Arnaz did the same thing.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:31pm

I think a lot of foreign actors play up their accents.  Even if they've been away from the origin of their accent for years, and would've naturally lost some of it in the process, they've got to play it up if it's part of their schtick.

I'm always impressed, though, when an actor comes here from another country and can convincingly pull off an American accent in a role they're playing.  Four of the main actors in The Walking Dead are British...but you'd never know it. 

The reverse (an American actor adopting a foreign accent) is probably true, too...but I can't really vouch for the authenticity of their adopted accent.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'm always impressed, though, when an actor comes here from another country and can convincingly pull off an American accent in a role they're playing.  Four of the main actors in The Walking Dead are British...but you'd never know it. 

Charlie Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy does a pretty good job not sounding British too. Very rarely he'll say something and you can detect a hint of it, but most of the time you'd never know he was British either.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 4:34pm

^  I can only guess that they've heard American accents so much, that it's not really that difficult for them to assume.

I was talking to this Swedish guy once who had almost no accent at all.  He said he'd seen so much American TV growing up, that the American sound wasn't difficult to master.

In The Walking Dead, one of the British actors (a black guy) was able to master the black American accent, specifically.  Just a normal black accent, not ebonics.

I wish I'd seen Sons of Anarchy.  I've heard good things.  With these kinds of shows, though, you have to see them from the beginning.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 6:10pm
American accents are pretty easy to mimic. Over-enunciate every word and you're already halfway there.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wish I'd seen Sons of Anarchy.  I've heard good things.  With these kinds of shows, though, you have to see them from the beginning.

It's a great show, but yeah, you need to see it from the beginning. If you have Netflix or Hulu, they might have it on there(never looked myself) though...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

American accents are pretty easy to mimic. Over-enunciate every word and you're already halfway there.

I dunno about that.  I once tried getting a German girl I knew, to imitate a Southern accent.  It was pretty funny.  To get her to imitate a Texas accent versus a Georgia accent would've been pointless.  Hell, there are so many differences among Jersey accents alone, I can't see even Jerseyans to be able to imitate them all.  Can you tell a North Jersey accent from a Central Jersey one from a South Jersey one?

I also asked the same girl what Americans sound like to Germans.  I told her that, to Americans, German sounds pretty harsh---as if they're spitting out their words.  She replied, saying that, to Germans, Americans sound like they have a mouthful of mashed potatoes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic