Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

care.com ad is great birth control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devonte276 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Complete with extreme close-up of the little pink toothless ear rapist. 

I was rolling at this comment. +1 GOLD Clap
Sponsored Links

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 4:37am
Susan, technically, and legally, you only have to take care of the offspring until he/she becomes 18....Wink
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 8:59am
18 years...it's like a prison term. I'd prefer prison.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 11:58pm
Birth seems horrifying to me.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 12:32am
Originally posted by susanlynn7 susanlynn7 wrote:

18 years...it's like a prison term. I'd prefer prison.
Confused...bzzzzzzt!<wrong.answer!>
Not 18, no.
Depending upon the situation, it easy can be 26 years old (medical benefits), 22 (college tuition, if you are required by decree, should you become the 'non custodial parent'), or, well...all kinds of options.
We have *5* and (by choice) still cover 3 of them (soon to be 2), even though one has been in the military and another is a respected, top of the line double-degreed financial consultant, and the third is an up-an-coming micro biologist).
It is 18 if you quit on them.
It is forever, if you live by your legacy.
People readily have spermmistakes for all the wrong reasons, these days, never have a clue, much less a spine, to responsibly enable what they created. I understand if you get lucky, sometimes they will return the favor, or at least dump you in a nursing home for the criminally insane. We both hope we get lucky.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 5:25pm
I cannot stand the way the lady emphasizes the "c" in Care dot Com. I don't know if it's the mic or she just loves the letter "c", but it is bloody obnoxious.
"Out of all the worst possible things, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 5:34pm

Like I've said, by law, you only have to take care of offspring until they become adults(18).  You will not be thrown into jail for refusing to take care of your offspring once they become legal adults, like you would, say, if they were 12. 

Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by ProudHeart86 ProudHeart86 wrote:

I cannot stand the way the lady emphasizes the "c" in Care dot Com. I don't know if it's the mic or she just loves the letter "c", but it is bloody obnoxious.

We here at Cccccare.com....
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:11am
Haven't been on here in quite some time, but am pleased that there's so much honesty Clap

As I age out of having any choice at all, I take none of our solitude for granted. Sometimes I think, it would be so nice to have kids, but most of the time I'm thinking, wow imagine if I had kids right now, I'm freakin' exhausted and there's some educational TV on and so much I want to check out online.....
Embarrassed

No thanks, I am way to selfish for that

Don't you let anybody tell you that it's "selfish" to have kids!! What could be MORE selfish than having one's own biological children?? Humans are hardly an endangered species, and there are loads of imperfect kids who need to be adopted.

There's a couple out there who adopts the neediest children, including one that was born as a result of rape, now THOSE people are truly selfless!! Star Yet the "18 Kids and Counting" family and "Kate + 8 - 1" are celebrated ad nauseum Dead
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Haven't been on here in quite some time, but am pleased that there's so much honesty Clap

As I age out of having any choice at all, I take none of our solitude for granted. Sometimes I think, it would be so nice to have kids, but most of the time I'm thinking, wow imagine if I had kids right now, I'm freakin' exhausted and there's some educational TV on and so much I want to check out online.....
Embarrassed

Don't you let anybody tell you that it's "selfish" to have kids!! What could be MORE selfish than having one's own biological children?? Humans are hardly an endangered species, and there are loads of imperfect kids who need to be adopted.

And then there's Honey Boo-Boo...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Embarrassed

There's a couple out there who adopts the neediest children, including one that was born as a result of rape, now THOSE people are truly selfless!! Star Yet the "18 Kids and Counting" family and "Kate + 8 - 1" are celebrated ad nauseum Dead
WinkSO GLAD to see you back, MsC!
Thank You for your 'words of wisdom'; couldn't agree with you more.
Take it from one who, after the last child was supposedly 'independant', packed up and moved 3000 miles away from the nearest one....only to find, well, they find YOU and COME BACK, dammitnow, doncha know!
We had five (5) and, after the lil'sniffers hunted us down, I've actually found 3 of them intolerable.
Sometimes I actually want to tell them that they made heir own life, now go LIVE IT and leave us the f**k alone! DO NOT make us live it with you, aside from playing 'grandparents', or maybe dropping some ribs on the rack and staying (only for) dinner.
Sounds pretty brutal, eh?
I'm an 'A-1 Asshole', here.
Take care of YOUR life, BE RESPONSIBLE, train YOUR OWN, impress us with how you independantly influence your spermmistakes on how to contribute to life (along with. much more importantly, that of society in general), rather than live off the life of others via Social Services and Family.
And don't yell at GrumpyWolf - I *WILL* set up an 'order of protection', have you jailed, and have yer "'lil mister center-of-attention" turned over to CPS.
I am VERY, VERY good at that.
I HATE (yea, I used the 'H' word) seeing children born to parents who should never have been parents to begin with; maybe there is a 'brutal reality' here; our earth is 'starved & stretched beyond its ability to supply for its inhabitants'...maybe we need to help it out and put some down; stop the insanity and revive responsibility.
Yea, *I* staunchly believe in 'Zero Population Growth' endeavors...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:40pm
POEN...... I am taking donations for all of those in favor of:
Protect Our Empty Nest. 
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:20am

I am in my prime of child bearing years, but have not felt any "ticking clock" or craving to give birth. Let's see give up late nights aimlessly wandering the internet, afternoon naps, being "in shape", and just plain being able to do whatever the hell I want when I want to do it...and in exchange I get a screaming human that you have to take care of FOREVER! No thanks, I am way to selfish for that. Not to mention how absolutely disgusting giving birth is in itself. Most of my peers cannot comprehend why I would not want a two legged monster and why I refer to them as it instead of he or she. No thanks....tootles to my ovaries won't be needing you any time ever!

No way! Shocked
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 4:49am
No way what? No way to kids? Or no way you can't believe how selfish I am?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 4:50am
Sometimes I watch the darling little Honey Boo Boo just to annoy the crap out of myself for a few minutes.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 5:17am
I'd love to have hundreds of kids someday.

In a sweatshop, making clothing and jewelry for theatrical productions. They'll get paid in living another day, and work-related infractions are counted out in number of removed appendages.

:)
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 6:03am
Ooooh what a great idea! Finally a good use for them.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 6:13am
Of course, there might be some problems when people start wondering about the decrease in employees and the company's venture into leather goods and "chicken" from China.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 6:57am

No way what? No way to kids? Or no way you can't believe how selfish I am?

The second one, but do I realize that not everybody is cut out for raising a family. It takes a lot of care and effort.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:57am
I can think of a lot of better things to devote my care and effort to than committing 18+ years of my life being part of the overpopulation problem.. like, whacking myself in the face with a plastic lightsaber.

And when I say face, I mean crotch.. and when I say plastic lightsaber, I mean 4 pound brass hammer.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:17pm
I'm glad I don't have any offspring. I'm only 31, and am still loving the "no responsibility for anyone else" life. I know it's kind of selfish, but I love if I want to go to the bar and get a steak dinner and a vodka, I can without wondering if my offspring have a babysitter....
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:54pm
See, I don't see it as selfish to not want to procreate.. it's just a choice. I don't like kids, so I choose to not have any.

That and if my kids were to play with my toys, I'd beat them.. because, well, they're MINE!
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 11:44am
I'm really not that horrible of a person or that selfish and probably will change my mind about kids being irritating if I decide to have kids. My main issue really is the lack of parenting kids have. Kids with no discipline or manners. That is the kid that annoys me. My niece and nephews I adore, but they don't have bratty attitudes and scream and stomp all day like the kids that live near me. Child birth however is disgusting and terrifying to me and I'm not sure that will ever change.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 11:46am
Hear hear Ken! I couldn't agree more. I am 30 and as my friends now pretty much all have kids or are pregnant has yet to change my mind. I love my nap time and doing whatever the hell I want to.
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 7:40pm
We had our two while we were in our mid-20's right after we got married, one just got his own apartment, and the other is off to college next year. It'll be nice for the two of us to finally kick back and relax a little, though. I can't imagine having to change diapers now that I'm in my 40's. Nap time can be a thing now if I want, even though I'm not old enough where I'm too tired to stay awake all day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic