Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nebraska Man Sues Walmart over bag failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nebraska Man Sues Walmart over bag failure
    Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
Long story short. The mans wife (age not listed) bought 2  42 oz. cans of a La Choy product and a 2 pound bag of rice. Carried it out to the car. The bag broke and injured her right toe. The infection following the injury spread to the rest of her body and she dies.
The man is sueing Wal-mart for not double bagging. Sueing the bag manufacturer. The lawsuit seeks nearly $657,000
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 8:42pm
That is such BS.
It isn't 'Y'all-Mart's' fault she didn't go get treated for infection - and, well, she earned her 'Mud Monkey Merit Badge' for the price of a bag of rice.
She's dead, that's all, no story here.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 8:58pm
I thought it was a bit of a stretch. It did say she was treated after it happened.
It was a print ad. I would post it . Butts I don'ts knows hows to do dats.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:02pm
And besides, This place is getting so crowded with new people I just felt the need to crap somewhere.
To establish my territory. You know how that works .
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:02pm
No matter.
She's dead.
That's all.
ShouldaCouldaWoulda gone to Target, she'd paid a penny more, but live lived to talk about it.
No pity, sympathy, much less anything else, here - given the fact some dumbass wants to sue, well, I can only prescribe a healthy dose of 'BitchBeDead'; it's over. End of discussion. Get over it.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:23pm
As far as I know Walmart the same crappy plastic bags as everyone else. Sue the crappy bag manufacturer!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:25pm
Quit buying big bags of rice.
Lesson learned (as long as you live through it).
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:27pm
I think it was the big can that hurt her toe.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:30pm
Well I can see you have not paid your dues to: LSSFNAR
Lets Sue Someone For No Apparent Reason.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:33pm
I've NO sympathy for the stupid.
Never have had.
Again, let's not forget - it's over; she's dead.
Then again, did anyone get to eat the rice? Good food should never go to waste, doncha know - it should go to waste, and then - only properly.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I've NO sympathy for the stupid.
Never have had.

Again, let's not forget - it's over; she's dead.

Then again, did anyone get to eat the rice?

With the La Choy?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:41pm
Hey PaW, I'm going to change the subject. I saw a movie today with LANDAU and Ellen Byrnsten (2008).
He has to be 900 years old now.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 9:46pm
A serious infection will get most people's attention! Why did she wait long enough to seek medical attention that it was fatal? Was she waiting for Obamacare to kick in?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 11:12pm
O.k.o.k.o.k...let's quit playing 'stupid sympathizers' and get real, lk...
Like both Sarge and I said..."BitchBeDead" from being as bright as a box of rocks, plain and simple.
If you're stupid, you die. Pretty simple, doncha know...
Ain't 'purty' - just the "troof troof!.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 11:37pm
Pa, you know I love you, but wouldn't it be easier to just post in plain English without the extra punctuation and contracted words?  I for one could read your posts easier.  Smile

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 11:54pm
*Starts carving a humourous epithet on Hoot's gravestone*
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 12:11am
Confused...nawwww....Hootie's right - I was trying to post before I passed out - he & CW often kindly (or not so much so) watch over me.
Not *my* fault, though.
I was busy passing out from too much bike riding followed by too much 'womenly wolf-speak' (bitchyap?!) and I really do not know what Hootie was complaining about, anyway.
Pretty sure male owls' nuts rot and fall off as they age, then they turn into snippy old bitches.
ANYWAY...it's o.k...I'm better now, thank you very much.
I'll duct-tape his beak if'n he isn't looking...
~~~
Post Note:  I really saw a geezer OLDER than Hootie today - and IT was wearing an awsome hat that said 'HOOTIE' on front. I wanted to take a picture, but he was SO old, I was sure I'd set him into a seizure if I approached.
Guy kinda looked like he had been through a recent prostate treatment, or was 'best friends' with a corn cob.
You weren't on Wolfy Island, this A.M., were you, Hootie? I swear, o'twin o'mine - I'm going to get you that hat!

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 12:23am
Pa, you have too many great things to say, I just can't follow some of them.  It's probably just me...I may be getting old.  Unhappy
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 12:40am
Hoot, you've never seen a Cornish accent transcribed, have you?

Trust me, after that, understanding Pa is totally doable.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 12:40am
Cod, I think you'd do anybody.  
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 1:02am
ConfusedCod, sometimes you remind me of days gone by.
If you remember your history, well, you could be one of those 'Bitches of Salem', way back in the 1600's. Wayback then, we 'waterboarded' your types, just before duct-taping you to the water boards and covering you with enough boulders to sink you below the pond. If you actually rose above the surface of the water, we found you NOT GUILTY of being a 'quwitch', dried ya out, and ran ya through a harvester to ensure our fields were improperly fertilized.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 1:05am
readable, then! XD

And Pa, I once knew three friends. One was deaf, and mute, but saw the combine harvester. One was mute and blind, but heard the combine harvester. The third was deaf and blind and didn't have the faintest idea what hit them.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Pa, you have too many great things to say, I just can't follow some of them.  It's probably just me...I may be getting old. 

Unhappy

Actually, in this particular thread, Pa's posts were pretty understandable.

For a change.

I usually give up a few words in.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 1:08am
I just skim over it and look for keywords.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 1:10am
^ Done that too.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic