Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New beer commercial = Racist "Dumbo" Crows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc39785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New beer commercial = Racist "Dumbo" Crows
    Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 5:59pm
I have searched and searched, but I can't find this commercial on youtube or anywhere else. Next time it comes on, I'll try to shazam it, maybe that'll give it to me. But maybe someone here knows.

The new beer commercial (I'm sure it's for Bud lite), features 4 black guys, in a bar, watching a waitress bring a beer through the crowd. The commercial gets a major smh from me, because they're acting exactly like the Crows in Dumbo. The commercial sets black people back 75 year.

Probably should be featured on Tosh's "Is it racist?" segment.
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 6:06pm
^^ Miller Lite:

I don't see any racism, just four idiots gawking over a hot waitress on wheels (or is it the new bottle, which is the commercial's "punch line").   But since the characters are being portrayed as "idiots," I guess Miller should've taken the PC route and made it 4 white guys instead. Confused
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 6:12pm
Don't see any similarity to Dumbo, nor any racism.

Don't see how anyone could either...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
mc39785 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc39785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 6:20pm
See I get split on it sometimes. Part of me agrees with you.

But then I just see 4 black guys goin:

"I see it"
"I saw it!"
"Mmmmmmmhm"
"Yeaaaaah"

And I think:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/ArtherEld/Dumbocrows_zpsb81b5774.jpg
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 6:51pm
Here's the question.

Can you see this same commercial being made with four wetbacks? four chinks? four terrorists? four crackers?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 7:34pm
I only saw a remote similarity to Dumbo with the loudest guy, and that was only looking at it with the OP's suggestion in mind. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 7:50pm
Was there a crow circleing above. The one dudes ears did protrude a little.
He could probably lick his eyebrows though so the ladies would give him a pass on that.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 8:04pm
I get it. The Windex crows are somehow involved . I will get to the ,well nevermind. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 8:07pm

I think the rule is that black guys can be portrayed as idiots when there are no white guys present.  If there's a white guy present, the white guy has to be the buffoon.

They can also be portrayed as idiots when they're with their wives because, then, the stupid husband/smart wife meme wins out.

All other portrayals of black males as idiots (or even as the uninformed ones) are racist.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I get it. The Windex crows are somehow involved . I will get to the ,well nevermind. 

I remember that commercial LOLLOL  It was a few years back wasn't it? Maybe 2 or 3 years or so?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 8:29pm
^ I thought they were crows...
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 8:37pm
Is the Disney clip you referenced?  Probably pretty normal for that time.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 10:49pm
I just saw this one for the first time. I think Miller Lite is pursuing the wrong demographic. The waitress should be bringing 4 Schlitz Malt Liquor 40 ounce bottles.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 5:06pm
ConfusedDid somebody say 'Black'? oh...I dunno.
Doesn't matter.
I need to shave but black gurlz used up all my razors.
I need a beer.
Molson's Ice.(black gurlz beerflies drank all my Molson's, doncha know)
Labatt ICE - a half-way decent stand-in that doesn't attrack beerflies.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 8:40pm
I think the reference was the (dumbocrows). I did not check it out.
PaW , Check out my topic on the...    Micro touch- one razor.
You can't walk around all weekend scruffy with no Molsons!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

...PaW , Check out my topic on the...    Micro touch- one razor.
You can't walk around all weekend scruffy with no Molsons!
Evil Smile No biggie, lk.
Homey don't play 'dat - I just used one of the gurlz 'women's private razors' (ONE of them will figure it outLOL).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic