Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dish Network

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dish Network
    Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 3:48pm

Words cannot express how much I hate this commercial.

You know which part I hate the most?

Do you?

Come on, guess!

Give up? Okay, I'll tell you.

It's when that stupid woman in that family tries to butt in on her husband's sentence when he's saying "You can decide where, when..." She just comes in and spouts "how". HOW???!!! There is no how when it comes to watching TV! You just sit down and watch it! What is she going to do with Dish, watch it standing on her head? And then, at the end of this commercial, this same woman expresses her love for Dish by saying it TWICE! Seriously, I wish someone would just slap this woman for being so annoying and idiotic.

It doesn't help that this ad comes on all the time on Antenna TV. My sister watches that channel a lot so I get to hear this dumb ad at least five times a night.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 4:28pm

The worst part to me is the fact that it's 2 minutes long.  If you can get up, go take a leak, check emails, and get something outta the refrigerator---and the commercial's still going when you get back---it's way too long.

Those SPCA ads are like that, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 4:40pm
Oh Gawd, I was planning on posting a thread about this very same ad!!!!

I not only cringe at the woman on the couch with her fat slob family blurting out her love for Dish, but the one I REALLY despise is the young gal at the very beginning who seems like she's about to orgasm everytime she says the word "more".

She just comes across as such a greedy, self-centered little bitch who's probably consumed with trying to get "more" of everything every day of her life.

You can just imagine her pounding her fists demanding more, more, more!!!

You can even detect how she kind of bounces up & down a couple of times while she's saying it, like the prospect of "getting more" excites her so much, she can't sit still.

What disgusting, obnoxious people they portray their customers as.

YECCH!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 7:30pm
I have never seen this commercial before now, and I'm glad. It's way too long and I couldn't stand anyone in this commercial. They all look like they go to bed at night and have wet dreams over dish network.
People are dumb.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:38pm
This ad is one of those trainwreck ads.  You see it coming, you don't want to see it, but then you sit through the whole two minutes so you can reinforce your idea that you hate the commercial!

First chick with the short brown hair sitting in a corner:  Notice how she says the word "channels"?  It's like she's saying "Channows."

Asian chick:  Cracks me up when she says, "I feel like we've gotten more . . . everything."  EVERYTHING?  She acts like she's interacting with the actual TV show with her intent gaze at the TV and movements on the couch.  Also, why do some Asian chicks paint their whole eyelids black?  Is it so we will be more apt to notice they have eyes that are black?

The black chick and guy on the couch:  I'm, she says, not we.  So who's her couch buddy?  The neighbor?  What's that weird thing he does when she's talking; he's kind of saying something while he looks away?  Apparently she's the one who pays the bill.

The worst part of the trainwreck is the crash:  Fat Family.  I have sick fantasies of how buttinsky wife and hubby procreated that family of four:  He's as big as a refrigerator and looks like he's pregnant with triplets, so she must climb on top?  At least all the kids look like Dad, but they also look like they're on the way to looking like fridges too.  What does double-talking wife and mom feed them?  How does she know they'll be Dish customers for life?  What if they jack up the price and some other satellite company has a better offer?  What then?

The rest of the people on the commercial are pretty decent, so I have no snarky insults for them.  Two minutes of this ad is 1:58 too long!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:12pm
^As far as the eyeshadow thing, I think it's more the ones raised in America just don't seem to realise that they are NOT Caucasian. Since her eyelid doesn't have a crease, she goes all the way. I've seen this a lot. Wait too many American-bred Asians (girls mostly) don't seem to realise that the Asian body and face has many differences, and in terms of dressing, make-up, etc. there are things that just don't work on them.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 11:25pm
It's way too long, but nothing makes me switch the channel like those three fat guys talking about "Da Hoppah" and their stupid free iPad.

I actually got rid of Dish a couple years ago, and owed them a considerable amount of money. They're never going to see a penny of it. I even gave away the dish receiver on Freecycle when they asked me to return it to them.
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

It doesn't help that this ad comes on all the time on Antenna TV. My sister watches that channel a lot so I get to hear this dumb ad at least five times a night.

A channel which, of course, they don't even carry.  Unless of course, it's a matter of "Pay us $100 a month and you won't have to watch this low rent channel ever again!"
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 1:37am
Why switch? I'll tell you why we switched back to cable. First and foremost everytime it rained, snowed, or was cloudy out we couldn't get reception. Second we couldn't get any local channels so that meant if we wanted to watch things like oh I dunno the Steelers game we still needed cable or to buy their NFL Sunday Ticket. And if anything ever went wrong we had to track down the repair guy who was all the way over in Kentucky. So after about a year or two of that we tossed the dish out.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Why switch? I'll tell you why we switched back to cable. First and foremost everytime it rained, snowed, or was cloudy out we couldn't get reception. Second we couldn't get any local channels so that meant if we wanted to watch things like oh I dunno the Steelers game we still needed cable or to buy their NFL Sunday Ticket. And if anything ever went wrong we had to track down the repair guy who was all the way over in Kentucky. So after about a year or two of that we tossed the dish out.

DirecTV was a lot better than Dish. When I called to complain about losing my signal during a rainstorm, they came out the next day and installed a second dish. Plus they carried local channels.

The only time I've lost my signal after that were when both the dishes were covered with snow. I grabbed a broom, brushed them off, and it came right back on.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 2:37am
That's odd. We've had dish in two extremely rural towns and always get local channels.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
RETICLEVIEW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RETICLEVIEW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 1:13am
I find one of their longest ones is for Dragon Speech, or Dragon Speak, I've never watched it. It is like you say, you can go and make lunch, and when you come back, it's still on. Really agrivating.
rixrex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rixrex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:02pm
But you are forgetting the worst part of the lardbutt and wife exchange...

He says "where, when", then she butts in with "how" and something else you can't understand.

The lardbutt, ignoring her, says "what...where", repeating the "where" once more.  He forgot the other important word for any newsperson, "why"

So it's our job to ask why.  Why is this such a bad commercial, ha.

And the girl at the beginning who expounds the greatness of Dish, "You get more... CHANNELS!", glances down at what looks to be her cue cards right at the end, which they failed to cut out.  A real big FAIL.

Anyway, I never have had dish, and I threw out cable because I'm not going to pay over $100 a month just to see a few stupid channels that repeat the same shows constantly.  We now get over 120 digital and HD channels with an outdoor antenna, and this is where we see this commercial.

What a bunch of morons, the Dish people, advertising on over-air free TV to get someone to pay for what's free.
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 6:36pm
The new dish commercial is even more annoying than previous ones. "HOPPA!! HOPPA!!! HOPPAAAAA!!!" SHUT THE F*CK UP! I hate these people. Who spends this much time talking about their tv service?!?! It's been installed in their house for a long time now. Get over your f*cking Hoppppaaaa!! Ugh..I don't think I'll ever visit Boston now. And it's all their fault!
People are dumb.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 4:34am
We have dish. We like it, but hate their sh*tty internet. It is not 4G internet, like they claim. He'll I have cell service with 3G internet that is way faster
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 4:47am
I've found their internet to be pretty good, myself. On par with 4G, I'd say, perhaps better in that more things are programmed to work with a standard solid internet connection rather than a fluttering 4G connection.

I imagine they might advertise their speed as being a bit higher than it is so people will spend the $10 a month to upgrade their speed.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic